Riders unveil their new barn

It will be nearly 3.5 years from the moment they started digging  the bowl for the new Regina stadium to the moment it officially opens for the first Rider game.  That is more than enough time for a 33,000 seat, 525,000 square foot facility to be built.  Something would have to be seriously wrong if it is not completed by that date.  First soft opening in Sept 2016 might be tight as that is only 2.5 years away, but still very doable.

Just for a reference, the 63,000 seat Metrodome has been torn down and a new  66,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, billion dollar stadium is currently being constructed in the same spot all within a 2.5 year period.  The amount of work already completed is incredible!

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium/webcam.html

Can't compare temperate-climate construction to ours which has unique challenges in winter. No matter how much we slag the efforts to build new stadia in Hamilton, Ottawa and Regina, its all good for the league and the rivalries we all love to hate. According to TSN, there are two interested parties talking to Braley about buying the Argos- all we need there is a better venue for the team and the league is the healthiest ever.

You know I really don't like necrothreads

Its a thread from a few months ago regarding a new $300M stadium that is currently under construction. Should I have started a new thread?

yes

On many forums, this one included, members are urged to find an existing topic to post in rather than starting a new one.

The worst forums are the ones where new discussions get buried in ancient threads. You got something to talk about put it in a current thread or start a new one. Threads that have been dead and buried for as long as this one should stay there. 

Did PCL do the research building at the university because that was delayed and the still have some issues with it.

PCL built the CMHR. One of the biggest boondoggles of construction in Winnipeg history. Massive delays and massive cost overruns and rumors of big problems in the quality of construction and big sacrifices to the original plan. Good luck Regina!! Hope they do a better job with your stadium.

For serious? Your attempting to quote forum etiquette to someone who's probably been online posting in one form or another since you've been born?

Smh. And people wonder why rider fans are looked at funny..

Wow guys, give Duressler a break. We need young fans to keep this league going. Not old farts constantly trying to criticize the kid all the time. Who cares if it's an old or new thread.

Did PCL do the research building at the university because that was delayed and the still have some issues with it.

PCL built the CMHR. One of the biggest boondoggles of construction in Winnipeg history. Massive delays and massive cost overruns and rumors of big problems in the quality of construction and big sacrifices to the original plan. Good luck Regina!! Hope they do a better job with your stadium.

sorry was talking about the university of Regina

My brother in law worked as a civil engineer for years at PCL or Poole Construction as it was called then. He was a young engineer out of university for just a couple of years & his first big project was the Richardson Building. I remember him telling me the biggest problem they faced with constructing that building was an underground stream about 25 feet down that had to be diverted. He left PCL in 1975.

For serious? Your attempting to quote forum etiquette to someone who's probably been online posting in one form or another since you've been born?

And how do you know how old Duressler is compared to 17?

Plus, 17 sucks at forum etiquette, so...

Yeah, just because old people are old doesn't mean they've been using the webs since the beginning. Lotta old people were terrified of it...still are.  The people who are 35-40 are the ones who were there when things started to boom in the early-to-mid 90s....

They are going to have to expand that parking lot around the stadium dramatically as it seems to me that there is only room for around 1,000 combines with the current configuration, at least 3,000 too small.

Isn't Manitoba an agriculture province?

It very much is... I know quite a few farmers and actually know some people who will become 3rd and 4th generation farmers (for some reason)... I guess the irony makes it funny, at least it does to me! :D  

They are going to have to expand that parking lot around the stadium dramatically as it seems to me that there is only room for around 1,000 combines with the current configuration, at least 3,000 too small.

It very much is... I know quite a few farmers and actually know some people who will become 3rd and 4th generation farmers (for some reason)... I guess the irony makes it funny, at least it does to me! :D  

Stop insulting Mark H!  He's on the back 40 now trying to get his wheat harvested.  You know how hard it is to drive a combine and read the MBB at the same time?

Yeah it's kinda like someone from Sask making fun of Winnipeg because of its cold winters. Makes no sense.

And how do you know how old Duressler is compared to 17?

Plus, 17 sucks at forum etiquette, so...

Well.. Cuz.duressler is 14... And while 17 often acts like he's 14, id peg him closer to midlife crisis then to teenage angst..

You ruined your own joke when it was never funny...

I hate you even more now.

We were connecting there...remember...with the first place Pick 'ems tie...but now...now that we've dropped out of first...now you've just turned bitter and cold.  OH THE ROLLERCOASTER RELATIONSHIP WE HAVE!!!