Riders unveil their new barn

It's a nice looking building for sure, I will say this though, all these buildings look pretty sweet on paper but in reality, they may end up looking similar to the "drawing" but it will never ever be 100 percent exactly like the drawing. It's still a beauty though. Just saying i wouldn't expect it to look like it does on paper. Looks more like a soccer stadium to me but i still like how it looks.

HKS Architects who designed Regina's stadium always have renderings identical to the finished product.

http://www.hksinc.com

This firm has designed NFL venues in Dallas, Indy, & the new Minneapolis stadium.

Also if you want to follow the construction of the new Riders stadium check out @YQRstadium

The good thing about this Regina product is it at least gave a reasonable amount of time for it to be done.  Hamilton's stadium albeit ready for games is still awaiting completion

It's a nice looking building for sure, I will say this though, all these buildings look pretty sweet on paper but in reality, they may end up looking similar to the "drawing" but it will never ever be 100 percent exactly like the drawing. It's still a beauty though. Just saying i wouldn't expect it to look like it does on paper. Looks more like a soccer stadium to me but i still like how it looks.

HKS Architects who designed Regina's stadium always have renderings identical to the finished product.

This firm has designed NFL venues in Dallas, Indy, & the new Minneapolis stadium.

Also if you want to follow the construction of the new Riders stadium check out @YQRstadium

The only issue I see is that PCL is building it.  I am not sure how they are in Regina but in Manitoba they are slowly gaining a bad rap.  Cost over runs and delays.  They are over aggressive on safety and often over look the big picture.  I work with them often and I like working with them but I am always hearing bad things.  I hope this won't be the case.  The league doesn't need another delayed stadium opening!!

The only issue I see is that PCL is building it.  I am not sure how they are in Regina but in Manitoba they are slowly gaining a bad rap.  Cost over runs and delays.  They are over aggressive on safety and often over look the big picture.  I work with them often and I like working with them but I am always hearing bad things.  I hope this won't be the case.  The league doesn't need another delayed stadium opening!!

Same.  I've had dealings with them a couple of times and they are slow.  They're the ones building the underpass on Plessis.

The only issue I see is that PCL is building it. I am not sure how they are in Regina but in Manitoba they are slowly gaining a bad rap. Cost over runs and delays. They are over aggressive on safety and often over look the big picture. I work with them often and I like working with them but I am always hearing bad things. I hope this won't be the case. The league doesn't need another delayed stadium opening!!

I don't recall any negative issues regarding PCL builds in Regina, they have a very strong reputation here. I think they are building the new Oilers arena too.

HKS Architects who designed Regina's stadium always have renderings identical to the finished product.http://www.hksinc.com

The only issue I see is that PCL is building it. I am not sure how they are in Regina but in Manitoba they are slowly gaining a bad rap. Cost over runs and delays. They are over aggressive on safety and often over look the big picture. I work with them often and I like working with them but I am always hearing bad things. I hope this won't be the case. The league doesn't need another delayed stadium opening!!
I don't recall any negative issues regarding PCL builds in Regina, they have a very strong reputation here. I think they are building the new Oilers arena too.

That's no surprise. Their logo looks like the Eskimos logo.

You probably won't.  My only other thought was where they were going to get all the man power from.  Likely lots from Alberta and Manitoba with the rest local trades.  Going to need a lot of man power though!

You probably won't. My only other thought was where they were going to get all the man power from. Likely lots from Alberta and Manitoba with the rest local trades. Going to need a lot of man power though!

Good question, since PCL is a global company I'm sure they will be bringing workers in.

Amazing that the architect firm that the Riders are using are apparently perfect in every way, and even the construction company that's building it that has a bit of a bad reputation in Manitoba, happens to also be perfect and great in Regina too.

Who said they are perfect in every way? I said that as far as I know PCL has a good reputation in Regina. If you can find any of their many projects in Regina that have gone south, fill us in.

As far as HKS Architects are concerned, when talking about football

stadium designs, their portfolio speaks for itself.

You know I really don't like necrothreads

Its a thread from a few months ago regarding a new $300M stadium that is currently under construction. Should I have started a new thread?

yes

Seriously, who cares whether he pulled up an old one or started a new one?  It's done, let's keep the discussion going.

They are going to have to expand that parking lot around the stadium dramatically as it seems to me that there is only room for around 1,000 combines with the current configuration, at least 3,000 too small.

They are going to have to expand that parking lot around the stadium dramatically as it seems to me that there is only room for around 1,000 combines with the current configuration, at least 3,000 too small.

This may force the locals to combine-pool in order to get to games.

Migs, you have every right to be excited about that new stadium going up as it is going to be something special. Just like IGF is to us. The 3 nicest stadiums in Canada are Winnipeg's , BC Place & Regina in about 3 years... Not Mosaic. ;) I'd like to throw Ottawa's into the mix but it's so small & has two completely different grandstands which is kind of weird. Hamilton? Well, it's new which is nice but that's all it really has going for it.

You know I really don't like necrothreads

Its a thread from a few months ago regarding a new $300M stadium that is currently under construction. Should I have started a new thread?

yes

On many forums, this one included, members are urged to find an existing topic to post in rather than starting a new one.

For serious? Your attempting to quote forum etiquette to someone who's probably been online posting in one form or another since you've been born?

Smh. And people wonder why rider fans are looked at funny..

The person who told me that was a moderator.

And why the hell does this have anything to do with the fact that I cheer the Riders?

ffs