Stadium Flooded

Atomic

And the hits just keep on coming . This will turn into CYA by all involved. Asper and his two bit architect, the Club and the BBB, which is basically a shell company of the Club, the Builder and the lawyers when people decline responsibility and refuse to pay up. If I'm the insurer the first thing I scream is negligence in the design ........ As for Miller playing the decline access and the deny game? It's 2014 and you can't hide like the good old days. How long before someone snaps a few shots of the suites complete with indoor pools and they end up on the internet?

I laugh at those who blame Friesen.  He didn't pour water in the suites.  He didn't make snow melt.  He didn't design or build the stadium.  He didn't deny access to a big news story.  All he did was ask to see the damage that he'd been told about.  Simple request so he could write his story.  Handled wrong by the Bombers.  When will the Bombers learn that you either work with the media or get burnt by it?

If I was the Bombers I wouldn't give Friesen access to see the damages either.

First, because Friesen puts a negative slant on almost everything he writes.   So he isn't the one I'm going to pick to bring in.

Second. I'm not letting any media in until any insurance claims and fault is determined.  

I don't have any issues with their response to Friesen.   It is a two way street.  If the media want exclusives and stories, they need to play the game back with the organization.

I laugh at those who blame Friesen.  He didn't pour water in the suites.  He didn't make snow melt.  He didn't design or build the stadium.  He didn't deny access to a big news story.  All he did was ask to see the damage that he'd been told about.  Simple request so he could write his story.  Handled wrong by the Bombers.  When will the Bombers learn that you either work with the media or get burnt by it?

Come on.  Most of Friesen's stories and tweets seem to be about finding everything that is wrong with the Bombers.  The guy may as well write for the enquirer.

If I was the Bombers I wouldn't give Friesen access to see the damages either.

First, because Friesen puts a negative slant on almost everything he writes.   So he isn't the one I'm going to pick to bring in.

Second. I'm not letting any media in until any insurance claims and fault is determined.  

I don't have any issues with their response to Friesen.   It is a two way street.  If the media want exclusives and stories, they need to play the game back with the organization.

This would appear to be what Miller is doing and I applaud him for it. Can't help it if Friesen spins it like it's an illuminati coverup ...

The point of no entry to media until legal issues are covered is a valid one.

And Friesen? Frothing at the mouth to hang one on the Bombers is just what he wanted after hibernating this off season.

It's typical of Friesen and he should share the blame for the road blocks on what should be a two way informational street.

There's no validity to keeping people out until fault has been determined.  That could take months if not years depending on how much it costs to fix.  

The story was going to get written last night no matter what.  By not letting reporters in to see the damage, Miller guaranteed that it was going to be aa negative story about the Bombers.  A decent media person would have spun a different story.  Something along the lines of... "We don't know who's fault it is that we have water ingress in our great new building, but we are going to get to the bottom of it and have the culprits pay for fixing it.  In the meantime, come on over and see for yourselves.  Take some pictures, but don't touch anything."  You've then got a better chance of the story being about bad contractors or bad design and the Bombers become the injured party, which BTW, they are.

And that reeks of...let us in or else.

A decent media writer would seek to find a middle ground with the person in charge, perhaps not to write it at this time (as requested) and compromise for a later date.

You see how that works?..in the two-way street scenario?

Which brings us back to why the source sought out Friesen in the first place?

Kirk Penton or Ed Tait would have been more credible avenues, don't you think?

The story was going to get written last night no matter what.  By not letting reporters in to see the damage, Miller guaranteed that it was going to be aa negative story about the Bombers.

It's Paul Friesen, it was always going to be a negative story about the Bombers even if Wade Miller gave him a handy to go along with the tour. That's Friesens entire schtick, be as negative as possible. He's just a bad troll trying to get people worked up. 

I find Paul Friesen as repulsive as the rest of you but I don't think you can pin this one on him.  He's just doing his job.  All the media outlets are talking about it.  I just heard on the radio on my way home "And on CTV News, learn about the damage at IGF and how much the Bombers' stadium is costing YOU!!!"

Found this on another message board...scary stuff:

http://college-football.si.com/2014/03/13/allen-high-school-eagle-stadium-cracks-closed/

Not only is Allen High School?s $60 million Eagle Stadium closed indefinitely, but now the less-than-two-year-old, 18,000-seat stadium may need at least a partial demolition and rebuild.

Eagle Stadium, built in Allen, Texas just over 30 miles north of Dallas, was closed last month after a forensic investigation from Nelson Forensics discovered cracks in the concrete structure, ranging anywhere from a quarter-inch to three-quarters of an inch wide.

More information released from that same report via a public records request by The Dallas Morning News says that not only was the immediate closure called for, but there remains a real possibility that poor concrete and steel work have combined to make the stadium unsuitable. And potentially the only retrofit possible, at least for portions of the largely concrete structure, will require sections of the 18-month-old structure to be ripped out and built new. Again.

Why do people think they are entitled to see the damage in the stadium?  Is it because the team is community owned?  The price tag to the club or the tax payer is fair game once it is determined, but nothing else.  

As for diffusing the situation with the media, once the leak got out, nothing was going to diffuse that.  Parading a bunch of reporters and camera men in so that news outlets can get a splashy picture and headline would not have made this news any better.  It would be much worse. 

If there was water damage in the MTS centre over the summer, do you think True North would acquiesce to any media demands to see it?   No, they wouldn't.  And it probably would never leak either.

The story was going to get written last night no matter what.  By not letting reporters in to see the damage, Miller guaranteed that it was going to be aa negative story about the Bombers.

It's Paul Friesen, it was always going to be a negative story about the Bombers even if Wade Miller gave him a handy to go along with the tour. That's Friesens entire schtick, be as negative as possible. He's just a bad troll trying to get people worked up. 

The idea is to channel Friesen's negativity towards the builders and/or architects where it belongs, instead of towards the Bombers.  

The only thing the Bombers may have done wrong is hire the wrong architect or builder or both.  When you're having something built, you leave it up to the professionals to handle how water is controlled.  I doubt there is a single person on the Bombers staff who has the credentials to do it.  You have to trust the professionals you hire to do their job.  If they don't do it properly, you expect them to fix their mistakes.  That's what the story should be right now.  "Bombers get screwed by the architect/builders"  or "Taxpayers get screwed by the architect/builders" or even "Who screwed up the new stadium?" complete with pictures of the destruction and discussion of who's fault it is.  

Why do people think they are entitled to see the damage in the stadium?  Is it because the team is community owned?  The price tag to the club or the tax payer is fair game once it is determined, but nothing else.  

As for diffusing the situation with the media, once the leak got out, nothing was going to diffuse that.  Parading a bunch of reporters and camera men in so that news outlets can get a splashy picture and headline would not have made this news any better.  It would be much worse. 

If there was water damage in the MTS centre over the summer, do you think True North would acquiesce to any media demands to see it?   No, they wouldn't.  And it probably would never leak either.

Taxpayers funded the stadium, Rich.  Therefore they should be able to see the damage. I think it's time some kind of government inspection was done to determine just what needs to be done once & for all to determine all that needs to be done to  fix anything & everything. 

The idea is to channel Friesen's negativity towards the builders and/or architects where it belongs, instead of towards the Bombers.  

The only thing the Bombers may have done wrong is hire the wrong architect or builder or both.  When you're having something built, you leave it up to the professionals to handle how water is controlled.  I doubt there is a single person on the Bombers staff who has the credentials to do it.  You have to trust the professionals you hire to do their job.  If they don't do it properly, you expect them to fix their mistakes.  That's what the story should be right now.  "Bombers get screwed by the architect/builders"  or "Taxpayers get screwed by the architect/builders" or even "Who screwed up the new stadium?" complete with pictures of the destruction and discussion of who's fault it is.  

Exactly. Did Kyle Walters pick up a hammer to build the thing? How is this contorted to blame the Bombers? It's the architect, the guy in charge of the building construction, the construction companies & the trades themselves. You'd almost think this was Montreal where the Mafia where shortcuts were made & $$$$ was paid off to hide faulty construction. Professionals were hired to design & build the stadium. This is their fault not the team. So, I don't understand why Miller is hiding things as he doesn't have to. I agree 100% with Terry on this one.