Stadium Flooded

Atomic

Oh come on.  Kives does the exact same thing Friesen does, but because he is not a sports reporter his target is the City of Winnipeg... not the Bombers.

No, you come on. This time, he relates just the story.

That shows me you didn't read the article I'm talking about.

Here:

.http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Melting-snow-damages-new-stadium-254417861.html

Far different take than Friesen.

My mistake, I actually was looking at the wrong article.

I'm not blaming Friesen for the story.

I'm blaming Friesen for his whiny entitled attitude that goes along with his version of this story.

As this post actually explains the topic of coversation and doesn't fit with the idea that tburgess has in his head expect it to be completely ignored. Never have I seen someone so consistently miss the entire point of why people say what they say. 

I'm not missing the point.  I disagree with the popular opinion that this is in any way Friesen's fault.  You're not missing the points I'm making either, you're disagreeing with them.  Sort of the point of discussion don't you think?

There is no way that Friesen could have written the story he did if Miller handled the situation correctly and let the media in to see the damage.  Friesen's expected negativity would have had to go somewhere else like the folks who are actually at fault.

People read the stories think of the worse case scenario, like the Saddledome, when they hear about water damage.  I'm sure it's no where near that bad, so pictures would help the situation rather than hamper it.  Not likely to happen now, because that would be Miller giving in to the Media.

There is no way that Friesen could have written the story he did if Miller handled the situation correctly and let the media in to see the damage.  Friesen's expected negativity would have had to go somewhere else like the folks who are actually at fault.

It is only your opinion and Friesen's spin that Miller handled it incorrectly.

Nobody else is fingering Miller..why is that?

It's a crock if you think that Miller should have given in to blackmail…."show me or else."

Linking good press and bad press is being poorly compared on here.

There are ways to get the story out there without alienating the very people you deal with.

For example, read the same story put forward by Barley Kives.

He gives the same information without the digs at the Bomber mgmt.

The story is valid.

The approach by Friesen in telling the story actually defects from the story and tries to shift blame to Miller in how he handled the queries.

Make no mistake, those are two different issues.

Kives addressed the issue, not the messenger, and got the story out in a much more informed manner.

No mention of Miller, and there didn't have to be…he isn't the story.

People who are trying to tag Miller and the Bombers with Friesen's approach got pulled in by Friesen and that's just what he wanted.

They are only part of the group overseeing this.

Deal with the story..not the messengers.

Mr. Dee - I like your even-handed approach but the fact is this matter is little about Mr. Freeze or Bart Kives. Even Charles Adler (CJOB) hopped aboard and started to whipsaw Miller like a house on fire. However, it suddenly stopped, apparently at the same time Bob Irving walked into Adler's studio and told him to cease lambasting Miller. Cripes, we're all at play in the fields of the lord.

Friesen taking a kicking from certain posters. Kives getting props for using less confrontational language. Me taking a kicking cuz I support open transparency and accountability. Adler getting the hush signal from Irving. Irving taking orders from Bomber control. 

Here's whats important. A poorly designed economy stadium has suffered some serious damage. Bomber management is defensive about providing information because it may reflect poorly upon season ticket sales. 

A real public relations pro gets in front of small disasters and does it via magic formulas and alchemy also known as - THE TRUTH....

Nobody would begrudge Miller for letting in a few cameras and reporters with hard-hats for a quick survey of the damage scene. The money required to fix the problem is unimportant. The fix is all-important. Idiots like myself will just spew about how Miller now owns Selingers fat arse and can pump money out of it on a whim. 

I think Friesen, Kives and the rest of the media would be better served investigating fully why the stadium construction went sour, when it went sour, who's gonna pay for upgrades and what other maladies will pop up as time goes by. Blaming the sidemen accomplishes nothing!

Even Curley Neal in Olds, Alberta knows this!

photo-904.jpg?_r=1394499113…..Even Charles Adler (CJOB) hopped aboard and started to whipsaw Miller …                                                                

photo-689.jpg?_r=1396739863.You realize that Charles Adler is not a model example for your argument, don't you?

photo-904.jpg?_r=1394499113​….However, it suddenly stopped, apparently at the same time Bob Irving walked into Adler's studio and told him to cease lambasting Miller

- Adler getting the hush signal from Irving. Irving taking orders from Bomber control.                                                      

photo-689.jpg?_r=1396739863​….That's pure conjecture on your part, well..conjecture anyway.

photo-904.jpg?_r=1394499113​…..Here's whats important. A poorly designed economy stadium has suffered some damage. Bomber management is defensive(?) 

A real public relations pro gets in front of small disasters and does it via magic formulas and alchemy also known as - THE TRUTH....

Nobody would begrudge Miller for letting in a few cameras and reporters with hard-hats for a quick survey of the damage scene. The money required to fix the problem is unimportant. The fix is all-important. 

I think Friesen, Kives and the rest of the media would be better served investigating fully why the stadium construction went sour, when it went sour, who's gonna pay for upgrades and what other maladies will pop up as time goes by. Blaming the sidemen accomplishes nothing!

photo-689.jpg?_r=1396739863​…..Now that makes a little more sense.

Personally I think the use of the word "flooded" by Friesen is a misrepresentation. From what I read there was an inch of water in a small area (relative to the size of the entire stadium) and that is not flooded in my books. Heck, I had more water on my floor when I had a malfunction draining a water bed back in the 80's when I was moving out of an apartment.

Brodbeck hates perceived freeloaders who are on government handouts.

He portrays the Charles Adler of print journalism.

In no particular order he hates - The CBC, Manitoba NDP, Bombers. 

He had a veritable field day last week when he had the Bombers in a P.R. nightmare, Erin Selby & Greg Selinger by the short hairs in a couple mini-scandals.

He didn't even have time to print-bomb the CBC when they were forced to ditch 650 jobs due to govt. cutbacks.

Adler got carried away with putting the whip on Miller until Irving reminded him that CJOB is a servant of the bombers and serves at their whim.

Personally I think the use of the word "flooded" by Friesen is a misrepresentation. From what I read there was an inch of water in a small area (relative to the size of the entire stadium) and that is not flooded in my books. Heck, I had more water on my floor when I had a malfunction draining a water bed back in the 80's when I was moving out of an apartment.

From what you read? Well, since we can't see the damage your take means nothing as the media hasn't been allowed in to verify whether there's a foot or an inch of water in the suites or visitor's locker room. 

From what you read? Well, since we can't see the damage your take means nothing as the media hasn't been allowed in to verify whether there's a foot or an inch of water in the suites or visitor's locker room. 

I was referring to what that poster at RiderFans said.

Trusting some posters at Riderfans is like entrusting me with Lyle Bauer & Mike Kelly's fate.

Its not gonna end well.

Iso is 100% spot on when he goes to Gorbachev's old phrase about doing business with Reagan. "Trust, but with verification!"

What is clear is that taxpayers are no longer stake-holders in the football club. Funders only. A stake-holder deserves an explanation. All others just get a stand-off.

Trusting some posters at Riderfans is like entrusting me with Lyle Bauer & Mike Kelly's fate.

Its not gonna end well.

Iso is 100% spot on when he goes to Gorbachev's old phrase about doing business with Reagan. "Trust, but with verification!"

What is clear is that taxpayers are no longer stake-holders in the football club. Funders only. A stake-holder deserves an explanation. All others just get a stand-off.

That's funny. Based on your responses in the thread there, you sure seemed to believe him.

It is only your opinion and Friesen's spin that Miller handled it incorrectly.

Nobody else is fingering Miller..why is that?

It's a crock if you think that Miller should have given in to blackmail…."show me or else."

It's your opinion that Miller handled it correctly.  

No one else is fingering Miller because they either didn't talk to MIller directly (My best guess), or Miller told them it was off the record, or they don't have the guts to name Miller.

It's not blackmail.  No one said 'Show me or else', your just making up stuff now.  

The one group Miller can't work stiff against is the city of winnipeg building inspectors. If there's a hint of damage to the stands or even the rich folks booths, they'll demand to see the damaged areas. If they don't they're negligent and that makes the entire City of Winnipeg negligent. If Miller refused to have an inspection he'd be negligent of duty as chief caretaker of the facility. 

My company might be the ones to go in and assess the damage and make recommendations on clean up and drying.  If so It will likely be myself going there as I spent month in there during construction.  If I do get in there I will let you all know how bad it is/was.

bump

No one else is fingering Miller because they either didn't talk to MIller directly (My best guess), or Miller told them it was off the record, or they don't have the guts to name Miller.

It's not blackmail.  No one said 'Show me or else', your just making up stuff now.  

You can't play schoolyard-flip-the-phrase on me on this one because I have not stated how Miller handled it one way or the other.

Where my opinion does comes in is related to how Friesen handled, then wrote his article.

Pretty evident to me he didn't get his way and so he took it out on Miller.

Your You're the one in denial.

You can't play schoolyard-flip-the-phrase on me on this one because I have not stated how Miller handled it one way or the other.

Where my opinion does comes in is related to how Friesen handled, then wrote his article.

Pretty evident to me he didn't get his way and so he took it out on Miller.

Your You're the one in denial.

Pretty evident that you've made up your mind and what you opinion is.  No use in pretending you don't think that Miller was right and Friesen was wrong.

The article was going to be written no matter what Miller did.  His actions guaranteed that it would not be a flattering article.  You want to blame Friesen for that.  If Miller chose a different route and allowed the press in, then there was at least a chance that the article wouldn't be so negative against the Bombers and a zero percent chance that the article would be negative towards Miller.  That's why I think it was the wrong way to handle the situation.  It annoys me when the Bombers get bad press that they could have avoided and this is one of those times.

It's not just Friesen who's following the story, nor is it just Friesen who wants to be let in to see the damage.  It's not just the media who think they should be let in.  The mayor and tons of comments in the press.  I'd guess that a poll in the papers, not on the Bomber fan sites, would show that most people want to see what's going on and that most feel they have a right to know.  The major difference between most folks and Friesen is that Friesen can write about it.

I don't usually argue with folks who hate Friesen because I don't particularly like his writing style, and I know he does it to get rise out of folks.  That's one way to keep your job in a dying industry I guess.  In this case however, the Friesen hate is misplaced.

I'm not in denial.  I disagree with your opinion.  Two very different things.

Pretty evident that you've made up your mind and what you opinion is.  No use in pretending you don't think that Miller was right and Friesen was wrong.

The article was going to be written no matter what Miller did.  His actions guaranteed that it would not be a flattering article.  You want to blame Friesen for that.  If Miller chose a different route and allowed the press in, then there was at least a chance that the article wouldn't be so negative against the Bombers and a zero percent chance that the article would be negative towards Miller.  That's why I think it was the wrong way to handle the situation.  It annoys me when the Bombers get bad press that they could have avoided and this is one of those times.

It's not just Friesen who's following the story, nor is it just Friesen who wants to be let in to see the damage.  It's not just the media who think they should be let in.  The mayor and tons of comments in the press.  I'd guess that a poll in the papers, not on the Bomber fan sites, would show that most people want to see what's going on and that most feel they have a right to know.  The major difference between most folks and Friesen is that Friesen can write about it.

I don't usually argue with folks who hate Friesen because I don't particularly like his writing style, and I know he does it to get rise out of folks.  That's one way to keep your job in a dying industry I guess.  In this case however, the Friesen hate is misplaced.

I'm not in denial.  I disagree with your opinion.  Two very different things.

My only opinion is that Friesen handled it wrong.

I don't know if Miller handled it wrong according to what he was instructed to say or do.

You've convicted him already.

That doesn't mean to say this whole thing could have been handled differently, I just don't know all the facts.

You say

" It annoys me when the Bombers get bad press that they could have avoided and this is one of those times."

You're attaching all the blame on the Bombers when they are only part of that BBB group and you just do not know who decided what in regards to this matter.

Why not take some pics and release them yourselves?  That way the Bombers control what pictures get put out, not giving the press/public anything is a poor move imo.

Typical Bombers, if you are going to shoot, may as well be at your foot.  Some things never change.   

This time they managed to shoot all three feet and both groins!

Nasty Nate, on 12 Apr 2014 - 5:52 PM, said:

road griller, on 12 Apr 2014 - 3:23 PM, said:

Why not take some pics and release them yourselves?  That way the Bombers control what pictures get put out, not giving the press/public anything is a poor move imo.

Typical Bombers, if you are going to shoot, may as well be at your foot.  Some things never change.   

This time they managed to shoot all three feet and both groins!

Wow, you sound like Friesen.  Overreact much?