Who Has The Best Offensive Line?

Mark H.

oh ease up. you have a strong dislike for buck and thats all well and good but he is not "bare minimum" hes satisfactory for now if he keeps playing at this level... wouldnt be the first time the bombers go with an average qb and be successful.. salsbury and Burgess come to mind..

you'd have to spin pretty hard to make Pierces performance seem average at this point. 

you'd have to spin pretty hard to make Pierces performance seem average at this point.

how do you figure? he won, yes? he made plays when needed, yes? he didnt give the game away... pretty sure his stats line was pretty... yup, you guessed it.. average.

how do you figure? he won, yes? he made plays when needed, yes? he didnt give the game away... pretty sure his stats line was pretty... yup, you guessed it.. average.

wrong on so many levels. Bryant turner won the game by making a play when needed. Desia Dunn won the game by making a play when needed. Pierce had turnovers directly related to him, failed to get a sizable lead despite the defense doing everything it could. The defense made more plays than the offense ****** up tonight simple as that. That offense was overall terrible tonight, an outstanding performance by the defense won the game period end of discussion. 

I like a lot of what Crotwon has out there, there are options to deal with the blitz, there are lots of receivers open.... our qb is just not the right qb for this offense. No one is scared of him beating them with his arm so they'll just focus on the run and blitz blitz blitz and trust that he won't be able to string together enough plays to score enough points. Backfired on Montreal tonight because the bombers D was relentless and absolutely blew up the Als o-line all night long but you can't expect to get that many sacks every night and rattle a qb that much. 

How do you get exceptional out of that TD drive? Heck Kohlert was so wide open on that big play that if Buck threw it quicker he would of been in the end zone on that play easily. Montreal choked on that drive, and it was still a struggle for us to get in.

Your trolling sounds so unconvincing when you put thoughts like that to words...

Montreal does not have the worst O-line.. they just have a 'mad scientist' as their new offensive coordinator.  Watch that game again - when Calvillo took matters into his own hands in the last two minutes, they did well.

Its Busey v. Calvillo now... won't end well.  We might be fighting Mtl for a playoff spot.

oh ease up. you have a strong dislike for buck and thats all well and good but he is not "bare minimum" hes satisfactory for now if he keeps playing at this level... wouldnt be the first time the bombers go with an average qb and be successful.. salsbury and Burgess come to mind..

Give me a break, he's not satisfactory at all. We're winning in spite of him, not because of him.

The people who dislike Buck dislike him for a reason. I don't want to resent him but 4 years of subpar QB play will do that to a person. Are there really people here that feel good about just barely getting by and putting an incredible defence to waste? Buck was at one point in his career an average QB who was effective mostly because of the threat of his mobility. As of now, there he has shown minimal mobility and his throwing has been erratic at best. Occasionally hitting an open receiver and making routine throws does NOT indicate even average QB play.

Without the threat to take off, Buck is a below-average QB.

I say let him run wild. If he gets injured, we're no worse off with Goltz in (they both have shown they like to give the ball away). If he manages to miraculously stay healthy, we're a better team and a better offense for it.

Watch the replay of that play, Kohlert was WIDE open forever, Buck almost took too long to get it to him, as usual.

I have a agree...that's definitely a TD with a better throw from Pierce. 

Oh and...here's my spin...they chewed up more clock by not getting a TD right there...

I like a lot of what Crotwon has out there, there are options to deal with the blitz, there are lots of receivers open.... our qb is just not the right qb for this offense. No one is scared of him beating them with his arm so they'll just focus on the run and blitz blitz blitz and trust that he won't be able to string together enough plays to score enough points. Backfired on Montreal tonight because the bombers D was relentless and absolutely blew up the Als o-line all night long but you can't expect to get that many sacks every night and rattle a qb that much.

So you're saying that we need a qb with a quick release.... Hmmmmmm I wonder who is available

So you're saying that we need a qb with a quick release.... Hmmmmmm I wonder who is available

been concerned that we have the wrong guy at qb since they started talking about the big protection quick release offense. Need Calvillo or Glenn to run that most effectively and I would absolutely have tried my best to bring Glenn in during the offseason. 

I would rate Calgary's o-line as the top  as of now.  Hamilton looks good too but some of that is helped by Burris and his mobility.  Edmonton obviously has the worst with Toronto close behind.  I would rank ours somewhere in the middle of the pack.  

Montreal does not have the worst O-line.. they just have a 'mad scientist' as their new offensive coordinator.  Watch that game again - when Calvillo took matters into his own hands in the last two minutes, they did well.

Its Busey v. Calvillo now... won't end well.  We might be fighting Mtl for a playoff spot.

So the game plan is to leave the A and B gaps open?  Almost all of our pressure was coming right through the middle.  They weren't blocking anyone, Calvillo couldn't even get his eyes downfield before the rush was in his face.  That's not holding the ball too long.  Montreal's OL has been exposed over the past couple seasons by our DL and others, even with Trestman calling the plays.