Who Has The Best Offensive Line?

Mark H.

As someone else pointed out... other teams do face the blitz and eventually they can capitalize off of it.  

All I know is that Pierce had zero time in the pocket.... most other teams had much more time...

Pierce wasn't making plays to nullify the blitz. Case in point: when they were backed up on the goal line... bombers had a good play call pierce threw the ball at the fullbacks feet so he didn't have a chance to make the play. Next play he threw the ball at edwards feet and didn't give him a chance on it either. Wasn't the only time the qb failed to make the defense pay for blitzing. Right now trying to stop pierce from running is making him very easy to defend via blitzing because he's not getting the ball away quick enough or accurate enough to cause teams to slow down. Kevin Glenn was actually really good at slowing teams down by throwing quickly. 

Pierce wasn't making plays to nullify the blitz. Case in point: when they were backed up on the goal line... bombers had a good play call pierce threw the ball at the fullbacks feet so he didn't have a chance to make the play. Next play he threw the ball at edwards feet and didn't give him a chance on it either. Wasn't the only time the qb failed to make the defense pay for blitzing. Right now trying to stop pierce from running is making him very easy to defend via blitzing because he's not getting the ball away quick enough or accurate enough to cause teams to slow down. Kevin Glenn was actually really good at slowing teams down by throwing quickly.

he also hit mathews on that reverse fade for the td, jade on a quick out for 8 yards and pontibrand for a big first down too so stop trying to make it like hes incapable.. its a work in progress, no doubt but not thos dismal failure your implying..

he also hit mathews on that reverse fade for the td, jade on a quick out for 8 yards and pontibrand for a big first down too so stop trying to make it like hes incapable.. its a work in progress, no doubt but not thos dismal failure your implying..

I'm all for being positive but if hitting receivers and reading a blitz is still a work in progress for a 31 year old QB in his 9th season, it's a serious problem. As much as Burris makes his OL look good, Buck makes his look bad.

I enjoy watching well schemed and well executed football in the CFL. I don't really care what team it is or who is playing. If that offends people that want to be fans and cheerleaders....well so be it. If you think what you watch is well schemed and well executed so be it. You are entitled to your believe, as am I. I will be the first to admit I am not a fan of any team. I am a devoted supporter and follower of CFL football.

I enjoy watching well schemed and well executed football in the CFL. I don't really care what team it is or who is playing. If that offends people that want to be fans and cheerleaders....well so be it. If you think what you watch is well schemed and well executed so be it. You are entitled to your believe, as am I. I will be the first to admit I am not a fan of any team. I am a devoted supporter and follower of CFL football.

If you think that anyone cares at all about what you're a fan of, well, I suppose you're "entitled to your believe", as you say.

That was directed to all the homers that don't seem to enthralled by my posts. Frankly Scarlett I don't give a damm.

You can either not read them or continue what you do and follow me and any media you don't like. So be it. The media don't care what you think either...they ar just happy you continue to follow them.

I remain yours truly....a student of the game and therefore not a fan.

That was directed to all the homers that don't seem to enthralled by my posts. Frankly Scarlett I don't give a damm.

You can either not read them or continue what you do and follow me and any media you don't like. So be it. The media don't care what you think either...they ar just happy you continue to follow them.

I remain yours truly....a student of the game and therefore not a fan.

Well student, you have some learnin' to do. We are talking specifically about o-line play here, and you keep trying to troll/tear the bombers down by bringing the poor play of other positions into it.

Well you seem to think O line play is something you can singularly define in isolation. I don't agree. When Danny McManus play did he have the best o line or was part of their success a result of him having one of the quickest releases in the game. Hold the ball...get sacked...a result of a poor QB with a slow release and slow decision making or a poor o line?

BC's o-line was quite horrible against Calgary.  Based on that one week, and one week alone, I would put them above Edmonton as the worst, but not by much.

The thing about BC's o-line is that their tackles are pretty good, but their interior is just terrible.  Edmonton is just plain bad across the line.

The thing about BC's o-line is that their tackles are pretty good, but their interior is just terrible.  Edmonton is just plain bad across the line.

Both Archibald and Olafioye are both former MOL, but even they didn't play up to their calibre last week.  Very average.

How many points did they get in the fourth quarter? how many first downs did they get? How is that anything but a dismal failure? I know you like to believe everything is fine but PIerce was absolute **** in game 1 outside of a few drives and a big part of it is that he's not a good enough passer to beat teams with his arm. Back in his best days if the blitz came he could simply run the ball himself and make them pay, but now when he hook slides when guys get within 3 yards of him he's no where near as effective a player. 

lol as if we're discussing those plays as anything other than routine.

Congrats, he can do the bare minimum in order to be considered a pro QB.

I'm curious as to how good people still see Mtl's o-line.  Was week 1 more of a product of our stellar d-line? Because I haven't seen AC running for his life that much, well, ever..

I think it's very average...but let's how they do tonight. Calvillo has probably 'demanded' some adjustments. Keep in mind, Trestman got a few more seasons out of him by keeping him well protected. If last week's showing continues, look out.

Well you seem to think O line play is something you can singularly define in isolation. I don't agree. When Danny McManus play did he have the best o line or was part of their success a result of him having one of the quickest releases in the game. Hold the ball...get sacked...a result of a poor QB with a slow release and slow decision making or a poor o line?

Both...but if the QB has a deep read open...the OL has to give him the time. If they can't do that and other teams start seeing it on flim...you can probably guess what happens next...

Historically early in the season they say the edge goes to the defence. They react to a situation while the offence is expected to execute a designed play relying on critical timing and decision making. Let's revisit this topic when teams have had the opportunity to "tune up" their offence.

Historically early in the season they say the edge goes to the defence. They react to a situation while the offence is expected to execute a designed play relying on critical timing and decision making. Let's revisit this topic when teams have had the opportunity to "tune up" their offence.

Historically maybe, but watching the games of week 1 shows that is not the case at all this year.

lol as if we're discussing those plays as anything other than routine.

Congrats, he can do the bare minimum in order to be considered a pro QB.

oh ease up. you have a strong dislike for buck and thats all well and good but he is not "bare minimum" hes satisfactory for now if he keeps playing at this level... wouldnt be the first time the bombers go with an average qb and be successful.. salsbury and Burgess come to mind..

oh ease up. you have a strong dislike for buck and thats all well and good but he is not "bare minimum" hes satisfactory for now if he keeps playing at this level... wouldnt be the first time the bombers go with an average qb and be successful.. salsbury and Burgess come to mind..

He's not even bare minimum, he flat out stinks.