Rory Kohlert to "test free agency"

Mike

At this point, I'm really expecting him to re-up with us. The comment by Desjardins in this article kind of sums it up.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Receiver+Rory+Kohlert+test+market/9487708/story.html

“At this point, it doesn’t look like he is somebody that we will be able to sign, based on what was offered to him before us acquiring his rights and what that number is, which is not unexpected,” Desjardins said, “We kind of figured that was going to be the case.”

I like it.

Kohlert can be a very valuable receiver for us.

I have a feeling Sask might scoop him up.  He's from there and they need Canadian receivers.  I sure hope we can re-sign him though!!

I don't doubt they're interested, but I'd say this is one Saskatchewan guy where we actually have the advantage. Playing time + his girlfriend = him coming back here

I wouldn't get too excited about Kohlert potentially re-signing here, you never know which team could swoop in a make the better offer.......................... not like that hasn't happened before, right ?

I wouldn't get too excited about Kohlert potentially re-signing here, you never know which team could swoop in a make the better offer.......................... not like that hasn't happened before, right ?

Oh the pessimistic meanderings of the jaded bomber fanbase..

;) believe that walters, if anyone, knows the kids value..

Bagg is a Band-Aid and Getzlaf is pushing 30.  They have McHenery, Etienne, Sisco, Thompson, Hargreaves and Anthony.  Not really an impressive group of receivers.  I just wouldn't be surprised if Sask at least puts an offer on the table and maybe makes the Bombers pay a little more.  

Pushing 30 doesn't mean anything.  A lot of WR's in the CFL hit their prime around 30.  Doubt the Riders will be disappointed starting Taj Smith, Geroy, Getzlaf, and Bagg, with some new import taking the last job; and Etienne, Sisco, and McHenry filling out the backup slots.

Bagg is a Band-Aid and Getzlaf is pushing 30.  They have McHenery, Etienne, Sisco, Thompson, Hargreaves and Anthony.  Not really an impressive group of receivers.  I just wouldn't be surprised if Sask at least puts an offer on the table and maybe makes the Bombers pay a little more.  

Pushing 30 doesn't mean anything.  A lot of WR's in the CFL hit their prime around 30.  Doubt the Riders will be disappointed starting Taj Smith, Geroy, Getzlaf, and Bagg, with some new import taking the last job; and Etienne, Sisco, and McHenry filling out the backup slots.

How does it not mean anything?  If Bagg goes down with another injury your left with one decent NI.  How many years left does Getzlaf and Simon have left?  They don't have much for Canadian depth.  Etienne could be good but no one knows and sisco is terrible.  All I am trying to say is Taman would be an idiot to at least not try and get an offer to Kohlert.  I still see him signing in Winnipeg but likely for more then that wanted to offer him.

How does it not mean anything?  If Bagg goes down with another injury your left with one decent NI.  How many years left does Getzlaf and Simon have left?  They don't have much for Canadian depth.  Etienne could be good but no one knows and sisco is terrible.  All I am trying to say is Taman would be an idiot to at least not try and get an offer to Kohlert.  I still see him signing in Winnipeg but likely for more then that wanted to offer him.

Getzlaf has a tonne of years left.  I could see him playing another 5 - 7 years and he probably still has another 2 - 3 excellent years in him.

Stegall and Simon won their Most Oustanding Players awards when they were 31 or 32.

Brock Ralph is 33. If we had kept him around he'd be breaking Ben Cahoun's records this year. Doh!!