Coaching staff update

gbill2004

So, the question was asked of O'Shea yesterday when he'd name his new Defensive Coordinator. I thought Gary Etcheverry was officially named to that position. Wasn't he? Please someone tell me no!

No he hasn't. The media was claiming he had been signed but there has not been an official announcement.

So, the question was asked of O'Shea yesterday when he'd name his new Defensive Coordinator. I thought Gary Etcheverry was officially named to that position. Wasn't he? Please someone tell me no!

If that's results in us getting someone else aside from Etch i'd be thrilled.

Unless that someone is Greg Marshall of course.

Marshall is a much more appealing choice than Etch IMO. 

Not for me he's not!

Not for me he's not!

You, me and probably a few others.... (and no, dee... No one named duprie!)

Would prefer to bring in neither Etcheverry nor Marshall, but both guys I would have wanted here either stayed with their organization (Miles) or went to Ottawa (Nelson). I guess we just have to trust that O'Shea, Walters & Co. bring in the right people.

I hope it's Cooper Harris! He definitely has a certain charisma... a quick google search reveals he has starred in such films as "Mega Piranha," "Meteor Apocalypse," and the instant classic "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus!"

I found this http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/12/04/oshea-goes-straight-to-work-building-blue-bombers-coaching-staff, a Penton article from December that mentioned Harris. A son of CFL Hall of Famer Wayne Harris, he's current DC at Fort Hays State University in Kansas.

Bio: http://fhsuathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=285&path=football

I wonder if they haven't announced Etchafairy because he is still on the payroll of Univ of Ottawa. Does that make him just another overpaid civil servant.

No he isn't still being paid by them. He's was helping with FA which he couldn't do if he was still under contract to the university.