Coaching staff update

gbill2004

I'm not excited, because it doesn't necessarily mean we landed Wylie.

Makes me a bit nervous, to be honest.

Same here. Aside from Wylie, the only decent OL coach I can think off is Buratto (he's with the Dinos currently).

Or we probably end with that Omaha Knighthawks OL.

Worse comes to worse we will get Kris Sweet.

I'm not excited, because it doesn't necessarily mean we landed Wylie.

Makes me a bit nervous, to be honest.

Same here. Aside from Wylie, the only decent OL coach I can think off is Buratto (he's with the Dinos currently).

Or we probably end with that Omaha Knighthawks OL.

Worse comes to worse we will get Kris Sweet.

A couple years ago, I would have been excited about Kris Sweet... now, not so much.

Since OShea, we haven't really come through with any of the coaching staff I hoped for... so I figure we're due.

rest assured that Kriss Sweet will not be our OL coach

Herb Zurkowsky @HerbZurkowsky1 56m

Two sources have told me Kris Sweet is #Als' new offensive-line coach.

Is this guy an option for us?

Frank Verducci

Offensive Line Coach

A native of Glen Ridge, NJ, Frank Verducci coached eight seasons in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns (2007-08), Buffalo Bills (2004-05), Dallas Cowboys (2002) and the Cincinnati Bengals (1999-2001). Prior to moving to professional ranks, Verducci spent 19 seasons in collegiate football at the University of Iowa (1985-1986 and 1989-1998), Northwestern University (1987-1988), Northern Illinois (1984), Maryland (1981-83) and Colorado State (1980).

Verducci served as the Cowboys’ offensive line coach which helped pave the way for legendary running back Emmitt Smith to break the all-time NFL rushing record in 2002. In Dallas, he also coached Larry Allen, who is slated to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Verducci also spent two years with Buffalo, including one season as an assistant offensive line and tight ends coach in 2004 before being promoted to offensive line coach in 2005. Under his watch, Bills running back Willis McGahee rushed for over 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons in the NFL and scored 18 touchdowns over that two-year span.

In 2007 with the Browns, Verducci helped the team to its best season since 1994 as Cleveland amassed 10 wins and finished eighth in the NFL in total offense (a franchise-best since 1981). As their offensive assistant, the 55-year-old helped send four players to the Pro Bowl, including tackle Joe Thomas, who became the first Browns offensive lineman ever named to the Pro Bowl. During his stint in Cleveland, running back Jamal Lewis posted consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, becoming the first Browns tailback to do so in 27 years.

Most recently, Verducci served as the Florida Gators offensive line coach in 2011. Prior to joining Florida, he was named offensive line coach at Notre Dame under head coach Charlie Weis.

Trying to stay positive... but this is starting to feel like we're winding up with Plan B or even C yet again

Who is/was plan A?  

Wylie for sure - after him, someone with CFL exp...

I don't think Etch was Plan A, have a hard time believing MB was Plan A but maybe...  glad we have QB coach but I don't think he was #1 on our list either... 

Tracey was probably our Plan A for ST... aside from that, hard to say

Trying to stay positive... but this is starting to feel like we're winding up with Plan B or even C yet again

Who is/was plan A?  

Wylie for sure - after him, someone with CFL exp...

I don't think Etch was Plan A, have a hard time believing MB was Plan A but maybe...  glad we have QB coach but I don't think he was #1 on our list either... 

Tracey was probably our Plan A for ST... aside from that, hard to say

So then we still have a chance for Plan A :) 

I'm still a little Po'd that we lost out on Himebauch, but if we can't bring up Wylie here either who's left worth having ?

I'd actually prefer that the Bombers not bring in Verducci, MTL's Oline looked absolutely abysmal last season, even after Hawkins was gone.

I don't think I've ever seen a CFL team take so long to name all of  its coaches like this one.  And it was a struggle to sign all of them almost. It's like they have to lie, cheat & steal to get guys to come here. Wow.

There have been two this season alone.