Coaching staff update

gbill2004

Bob Wylie or Jonathan Himebauch would both be great additions as OL coach.  Jonathan Himebauch also has experience as a CFL offensive coordinator, so could take over that role from Bellefeuille at some point.  If it's down to Wylie or Himebauch for the OL coach, I am feeling very comfortable.  

Asides from Etcheverry, we seem to be putting together a very solid coaching staff.

Himebauch or Wylie as OL coach makes me feel very comfortable, but Himebauch doesn't have any experience as a CFL OC. As for the defense, I think Etcheverry is the least of our concerns. McDiarmid and Martin, especially the latter, worry me.

Why would McDiarmid and Martin worry you? 

Look at Martin's recent track record. It's not exactly flush with success.

McDiarmid ... never keeps a job for very long and he doesn't really seem to specialize in anything. Not exactly a surefire candidate to do good things with our linebackers.

McDiarmid ... never keeps a job for very long and he doesn't really seem to specialize in anything. Not exactly a surefire candidate to do good things with our linebackers.

I would like to see us hire Doug Hocking as LB coach …. talented, extremely football bright, and the right attitude …. he is in the BC Junior football peogram …. Wade Miller knows him well

I would like to see us hire Doug Hocking as LB coach …. talented, extremely football bright, and the right attitude …. he is in the BC Junior football peogram …. Wade Miller knows him well

Aren't you the guy who was swearing up and down that Doug Hocking was going to be our DC like two months ago?

Article about Nelson

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/06/new-db-coach-nelson-martin-made-sacrifices-to-stay-in-the-game.html

McDiarmid...

"McDiarmid also previously coached nine seasons in the CFL, coaching for the Lions, Blue Bombers, Alouettes, Stampeders, and Argos. He won a Grey Cup with the Lions in 2000."

OK I am looking at Nelson Martin's track record and from what I can see Martin was DB coach with Etcheverry and Mike Scheper who coached a ferocious Sask defence in 2009, where they led the league in forced fumbles, QB sacks and a pile of other defensive categories. Also in 2010 he was with Riders and then most recently two years DB coach with Hammy. Plus he has a Grey Cup ring as a player. What am I missing? Looks like Etcheverry wants to put much of the 2009 Riders defensive coaching crew back together. What's not to like, they coached a successful, relentless D. We should be so lucky:

McDiarmid - maybe he bounces around because he is in demand. What am I missing?

I'm already at the point where I really don't care when they announce the coaching staff, the names that are being brought up for the most part are disappointing.

maybe thats the reason why they are not announcing it, they dont want to disappoint the fans. :lol:

why start worrying about that now? Disappointing the fans is where the Bombers are a viking. 

Johnny Sears asked Darren Cameron on Twitter when the rest of the coaching staff will be announced (lol). Cameron said hopefully some names will be announced this week.

Actually saw that he asked how the search for a DC was going .. *shrug*

I think Sears could be one of the big beneficiaries of an Etcheverry defence. He is just the type of player that Etch loves.

Johnny Sears asked Darren Cameron on Twitter when the rest of the coaching staff will be announced (lol). Cameron said hopefully some names will be announced this week.

Actually saw that he asked how the search for a DC was going .. *shrug*

I think Sears could be one of the big beneficiaries of an Etcheverry defence. He is just the type of player that Etch loves.

Although how Sears is coached and used has never really been the issue, it's him staying healthy long enough to be coached and used

Holding on to a little hope that the Bombers end up nabbing Himebauch, Wylie would be great as well don't get me wrong. Qb Coach I'm anxious to see as well, mainly due to not hearing any names, I wonder who O'Shea will be able to bring in.