Bombers Vs Als: Post Game Thread

iso_55

Not impressed with Buck. He has to do much better if we are going to win. Crowton's play selection was spotty & inconsistent. In the second half he basically was afraid to lose & he called the game that way, so naturally we lost. Our D got no pressure on AC in the second half. Our DBs suddenly couldn't cover. Etienne emerged tonite as a legit CFL receiver. And yeah, throw mud at me as I was one of the biggest Jade Haters here... 

Disappointing we lost & I'm not gonna look for a silver lining because quite frankly, I'm tired of watching this **** every game. Nothing ever changes. We had this game & let it slip away. 

Random observations.

- stadium looked cool

- Als look about the same as last year, offense still good, iffy defense.

- Bombers look like a carbon copy of last year. (so far) O-line same old same old.

- too many unforgiveable second down conversions to MTL

- horrrible missed PI call

- Burke has to take some heat over not taking the safety.

- Bombers look like a carbon copy of last year. (so far) O-line same old same old.

I disagree, the bombers didn't have any sequences last year like they did in the 3rd quarter I don't think. Pierce has some issues in his game and it showed, but there were some good things in there that we didn't really see last year. They clean up the turnovers there might be something there. 

I disagree, the bombers didn't have any sequences last year like they did in the 3rd quarter I don't think. Pierce has some issues in his game and it showed, but there were some good things in there that we didn't really see last year. They clean up the turnovers there might be something there. 

Until Als decided to turn up the heat mid way thru third. Couldnt handle the pressure, had no answer for it and not a point scored after that.

Until Als decided to turn up the heat mid way thru third. Couldnt handle the pressure, had no answer for it and not a point scored after that.

yeah those are the issues I mentioned that PIerce had. So terrified of getting hit that he feels the heat and he can't do anything. 

I will say this too, that non called PI on 3rd down was absolute bullshit. They still had a chance to be heros and make a late play there but the refs botched it. 

On a bus... Choked... We had it and we lost it. Interested to see the bs pi call that set up the last mtl fg, and then the missed pi on 3rd down. Rough way to lose. Washington, Dunn, Etienne, parker all looked good. Great atmosphere. Fans deserved better in the end..

When it doubt blame the refs. I game cannot or should not be defined by a singular play. Rule number 1 in coaching and breaking down video.

Oh please. Missed pi was the difference between getting another few shots at the end zone. Do you agree it was missed pi? Or you just glad you get to celebrate a bomber loss?

Dunn surprisingly good.  Hall surprisingly not that good.  Both Stewart and Johnson got abused at times.  Suber had a good game.   Jury out on Cauchy - but promising.  Still would really rather have Washington and Hef in the lineup.

How many mistakes does Burke get?  I like him but he's cost us.  And Crowton's calling looks a lot like Lapo...

Honestly, not ready to annoint Etienne as our next legit NI receiver... but there is promise.  TE has used up his PI schtick - we have to deal with that.  I feel like we threw a 3rd down pass to him just based on getting a PI call.

Renaud and Palardy had good games.

Buck can't get hurt soon enough so we can FINALLY move on.  Sorry, but its true.

I would have high hopes for this team if we had Goltz, Elliott, Hall as our QBs... instead, it seems like another 2010 close but no cigar.

Quick thoughts:

- Buck's still far too inconsistent.  He'll have his moments like he did early in the 2nd half which will lead everyone to believe he'll turn it around, but then his play drops again.  What bothers me most is that he's playing like a rookie.  Locking on to receivers, determining where to throw before the snap, not reading blitzing defenses properly...I'll reevaluate it again tomorrow when I watch it over but it looked like classic Buck to me.  He's not good enough. 

- Don't mind Burke punting from the endzone.  The defense was playing well and they did hold the Als until there was a penalty.  Have to see the blown coverage by Cauchy on the replay tomorrow.

- Defense overall was great.  Got boned by the turnovers early but they held Calvillo and them down.

- If someone can figure out when a PI should or should not be called please let me know, 'cause I swear the definition changes every few minutes in this league.

Have to see the blown coverage by Cauchy on the replay tomorrow.

Wasn't really a blown coverage, just a lucky play by Montreal. We were with Green step for step then accidentally bumped into him, the bump created seperation, pushed Green into the ball and us away from the ball. Just pure fluke play by Green :(.

Buck played good for all of about 3 minutes in this game. That period was the only series in the game where he strung together consecutive good throws. Other than that, he threw WAY too many balls to areas where it was up for grabs and he paid for it. It's also becoming painfully obvious that if you're down in the fourth quarter and Buck Pierce is your QB, you will not win. The guy just disappears when it matters.

Dunn was awesome, for as much hassle as I gave him in the preseason.

Simpson needs more touches.

Etienne put a cheesy smile on my face, I love seeing him succeed.

Washington is just such an electric player to watch.

Good pressure on Calvillo but when Buck stepped down, AC stepped up.

Thought Crowton called a decent game. Impossible to say though, considering he's not calling execution, he's calling formations and options. I didn't really have too many "wtf are we doing" moments compared to the amount of "why didn't we make that play" moments.

Oh, and I thought our trenches were pretty awesome tonight. Hope Gilmore isn't out too long, he's ferocious out there.