Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

Morley sort of fills the role that Banks would have, so I don't really think they would have interest in him. Koch I would take a look at. Worst case scenario, you cut him at the end of the pre-season.

Morley is 26 years old though. Might be nice to have him for when Banks is gone.

Do you see Koch as an upgrade over Kowalczuk?

I know it was another era and another time, but would koch want to come back here? did he not get unceremoniously released or not signed? even though it was his dream to play for the bombers? is he not local or somewhat local?

perhaps kenora/thunder bay if not manitoba born.

I guess, if no other team has interest he might be but... you think he holds a grudge a bit? People were wondering if glenn wanted to come back here too, gotta wonder if koch wants to be here or if he still feels a bit betrayed by what transpired, sure those past regimes are gone but... 

As for if he's an upgrade over CK, i'd imagine he is, CK, honestly i dont even know why he's still here.

Of all the signings this off season by the bombers, the 2 that surprised me most, cuz i was certain both would be gone were CK and west. 

I know it was another era and another time, but would koch want to come back here? did he not get unceremoniously released or not signed? even though it was his dream to play for the bombers? is he not local or somewhat local?

perhaps kenora/thunder bay if not manitoba born.

I guess, if no other team has interest he might be but... you think he holds a grudge a bit? People were wondering if glenn wanted to come back here too, gotta wonder if koch wants to be here or if he still feels a bit betrayed by what transpired, sure those past regimes are gone but... 

As for if he's an upgrade over CK, i'd imagine he is, CK, honestly i dont even know why he's still here.

Of all the signings this off season by the bombers, the 2 that surprised me most, cuz i was certain both would be gone were CK and west. 

He was 25% of another one of Mike Kelly's blown promises - we'll re-sign all four free agent Olinemen!  I think he's from Kenora.

My memory is a bit hazy on it all, but I think he primarily played guard while here but got moved to center when Khan had some health issues.  He spent more time as a center in Edmonton than he ever did while here.

By my estimation he's better than Kowalchuk and probably better than Morley, but we can't really say how good Morley is if we've never seen him play the position before (and I'm totally willing to give Morley a fair shot at winning that job).  So if Goossen isn't ready for week 1, Koch would be a decent safety net.  BC brought in Glenn because they were uncertain of the timeline at that position.  In this way, bringing in Koch would be no different.

I know Mike is a Bengals fan. Remember the Bengals last year is that they had a ton of injuries on the DL and Bilukidi was brought in when they started to pile up. So not sure what that means for him. Also new DC with Zimmer going to the Vikings.

I'd like to see both signed here actually. When Morley was cut last season I really wanted the Bombers to pick him up, he made an impact his first game as an Argo IIRC then slowed down considerably, but IMO Morley is still a good player and has very few miles on him. Koch at the very least could be insurance at the centre position if Goosen isn't ready and to be honest would much rather see either Goosen or Koch at Centre over Kowalczuk and Steve Morley. Still bottles the mind as to how those 2 are still wearing Bomber unis.

If Laurent couldn't get a deal pre-draft, what are the chances of him getting one when teams are fully stocked with draft picks and UDFAs?

He's also probably costing himself money in the CFL by holding out, teams are going to have to fit him in with their rosters almost complete along with their projections of where the money will be spent.