Bombers hire Danny McManus

gbill2004

lol. sign a great american scout who has ties not only to our team but to our GM and its not worth getting excited over? even tho its EXACTLY what most negatrons suggested would be an excellent recipe for success with a rookie GM at the helm..

"Come on.... Lets put a smiiiile on that face!"

fleshing out the management staff is never a bad idea. This team has been reluctant to spend money and forced people to do too much work for too long. Glad to see that Miller is willing to open the purse strings a bit. (unless this is just shuffling new people in and old people out but I don't get that impression)

Love this move based on the players he found in Hamilton the past 5 years. Plus he should know what a good qb looks like.

Who are some of the players he found?

Not 100% sure be he's been their head of us scouting so I look at guys they brought in like Gable, Williams, Ellingston etc and think he'll be good.

Tillman brought in a bunch of those players into Hamilton. Tillman and Austin are tight and Danny Mac wasn't Austin's guy. The way of the football world.

you know, it's funny cuz people in the media and in cfl circles say McManus has great connections down south and that he's finding guys left right and centre then you put it all on chiahead.. can you guess who imma believe?

lol. sign a great american scout who has ties not only to our team but to our GM and its not worth getting excited over? even tho its EXACTLY what most negatrons suggested would be an excellent recipe for success with a rookie GM at the helm..

"Come on.... Lets put a smiiiile on that face!"

Nah, it's a results-driven business. So if Danny Mac "produces" results in the form of some import talent (and a QB prospect or two) I will get excited.

As of December 1st though, lets just say I echo posters who say its a step in the right direction. 

It's a name hire, so immediately everyone will react.  We have the least experienced front office in pro football.  That's not slagging ability, but there are a lot of lessons that will likely be learned the hard way, at least they are being handed a team that was more conservative with player contracts so they have loads of flexibility.  We are sorely lacking anyone who has experience operating a pro football team at every level other than CFO.  I guess we can still hope for another hire at director of football operations to support.

Impossible for any of us to know if McManus is a good, bad or great scout, his experience is limited, similar to Walters and whoever we hire as head coach.  Just have to wait and see.