Bombers hire Danny McManus

gbill2004

With Florida St rise back to a national power house it will be nice to have a alumn as our Ast. GM. Maybe he can convince Jemison Winston that CFL is the better route than the NFL, one could only dream.

Just FYI Winston is already on our neg list

Just in case anyone is wondering about what talent McManus supplied to Hamilton ... he's the one who found CJ Gable and Greg Ellingson. He's also reportedly got credibility with guys who are big name school guys (like Gable with USC, as an example) who aren't sure about the CFL. A Hall of Famer who became a star up here after going to a big NCAA program is credible with these guys, maybe being able to convince them to come here when they otherwise would think they are beneath it.

wait wait waaaaaaait.... you mean doctor cfl MD was wrong about danny macs sway over in steeltown in finding the 2 best gems on their roster? you dont say..

Just in case anyone is wondering about what talent McManus supplied to Hamilton ... he's the one who found CJ Gable and Greg Ellingson. He's also reportedly got credibility with guys who are big name school guys (like Gable with USC, as an example) who aren't sure about the CFL. A Hall of Famer who became a star up here after going to a big NCAA program is credible with these guys, maybe being able to convince them to come here when they otherwise would think they are beneath it.

wait wait waaaaaaait.... you mean doctor cfl MD was wrong about danny macs sway over in steeltown in finding the 2 best gems on their roster? you dont say..

Not that I generally agree with him but that isn't what he said. He said Tillman brought in some guys. And he was right.

With Florida St rise back to a national power house it will be nice to have a alumn as our Ast. GM. Maybe he can convince Jemison Winston that CFL is the better route than the NFL, one could only dream.

Will be a pipe dream if he ever makes it up here.

Not that I generally agree with him but that isn't what he said. He said Tillman brought in some guys. And he was right.

he essentially said McManus did **** and Tillman did it all, brought guys from EDM, blah blah blah.. I get you need to tow the company line but you and I both know what implication was made..

I think the kid needs to worry about staying out of jail first before worrying about anything at the professional level.

Nice to feel the love......as for players directly from Edm....Masolli, Wojt and Lawrence. Let's play nice in the sandbox kids.

Below is your post. You said neg list players and TC cuts - nothing about players who were traded. Still waiting for those names.

The proof? There were a number of players off the Edm neg and were on the Edm training camp roster that got cut or hurt and released when Tillman was there. Ribley's Believe it or Not....It doesn't matter to me.

But wasn't McManus a scout for two or three years before Tillman got there?  If he did find Gable and Ellingson, I can't really think of who else really emerged as a 'find' this year... 

They've found some good players, but the thing about Hamilton is that they haven't been afraid to utilize the free agent market so they don't fill as many holes through pure scouting.  Some good players they've brought in (aside from Gable, Ellingson) include Brandon Boudreaux, Torrey Davis, Rico Murray, Brandon Banks, Delvin Breaux, Eric Norwood, Onrea Jones and Luke Tasker.  I'm not going to pretend to know who was responsible for getting those guys up here, but those are just a few names who came up here in the last year or two and made an impact.

But wasn't McManus a scout for two or three years before Tillman got there?  If he did find Gable and Ellingson, I can't really think of who else really emerged as a 'find' this year... 

They've found some good players, but the thing about Hamilton is that they haven't been afraid to utilize the free agent market so they don't fill as many holes through pure scouting.  Some good players they've brought in (aside from Gable, Ellingson) include Brandon Boudreaux, Torrey Davis, Rico Murray, Brandon Banks, Delvin Breaux, Eric Norwood, Onrea Jones and Luke Tasker.  I'm not going to pretend to know who was responsible for getting those guys up here, but those are just a few names who came up here in the last year or two and made an impact.

Come on! That makes this forum more fun!

Whoever brought them Delvin Breaux brought in a total stud.

Here is the news conference announcing the two new Ast. GM

http://bluebombers.com/video/index/id/93721

This news conference is worth the listen as it introduces the two, (3&4), new guys and the thought process that worked towards these decisions.

It also helps validate the reason(s) Kyle Walters was selected as our GM. 

With each announcement, and the reasoning behind each announcement, it becomes apparent that K Walters is not just a Hollywood look-alike comparison, but an intelligent team guy.

In my case, these moves help strip off the layers of doubt that has crept in because of past team Management.

Right now, there is a world of difference.

And now for the Head Coach...

This news conference is worth the listen as it introduces the two, (3&4), new guys and the thought process that worked towards these decisions.

With each announcement, and the reasoning behind each announcement, it becomes apparent that K Walters is not just a Hollywood look-alike comparison, but an intelligent team guy.

In my case, these moves help strip off the layers of doubt that has crept in because of past team Management.

Easy tiger. Although if Walters doesn't have a date for Valentine's Day he can always come on here....

Easy tiger. Although if Walters doesn't have a date for Valentine's Day he can always come on here....

Well, if that's how you choose to make your assessments…