Bombers hire Danny McManus

gbill2004

The proof? There were a number of players off the Edm neg and were on the Edm training camp roster that got cut or hurt and released when Tillman was there. Ribley's Believe it or Not....It doesn't matter to me.

And how do you know who was on the Esks' neg list and which players were at Esk's TC?

He's just talking out of his ass as usual. Let him make a fool out of himself if he so chooses.

i'm beginning to like our scouting department now....

Walters, Moll, McManus and if true... Worman, Goevia... wow that's +3 personnel from what we have before.

oops.... just in

Kyle Walters General Manager

Danny McManus Assistant General Manager, Director of U.S. Scouting

Ted Goveia  Assistant General Manager, Director of Player Personnel 

Darren Cameron @Darren_Cameron 1m

#Bombers will not be renewing the contract of Ken Moll.

This was obvious during Walters' press conference.

When asked about Moll, Walters answer was "Ken Moll is current under contract with the Bombers" or something along those lines.

As for the McManus hiring, I suppose it spells one potential issue with Walters, that he doesn't have the U.S contacts and McManus will surely help with that.

Now we need some scouts and a coaching staff.

Just in case anyone is wondering about what talent McManus supplied to Hamilton ... he's the one who found CJ Gable and Greg Ellingson. He's also reportedly got credibility with guys who are big name school guys (like Gable with USC, as an example) who aren't sure about the CFL. A Hall of Famer who became a star up here after going to a big NCAA program is credible with these guys, maybe being able to convince them to come here when they otherwise would think they are beneath it.

Just in case anyone is wondering about what talent McManus supplied to Hamilton ... he's the one who found CJ Gable and Greg Ellingson. He's also reportedly got credibility with guys who are big name school guys (like Gable with USC, as an example) who aren't sure about the CFL. A Hall of Famer who became a star up here after going to a big NCAA program is credible with these guys, maybe being able to convince them to come here when they otherwise would think they are beneath it.

Which I really don't think can be over looked at all. Reputation means a hell of a lot in a many circumstances. So if Danny Mac has that good rep then it's good he can lend it to the Bombers.