Burke fired

Atomic

there's so much rampant speculation going on. I'm not gonna get all freaked out over what may or may not happen, 'cause it's all just unnecessary stress. When everything goes down, which will be shortly after the GC, then I'm gonna get all freaked out, one way or the other (ha ha)...

Miller rubs me the wrong way.  The GM will select the HC?  Just like the GM will fire the current coach?  Miller said football ops would be up to the GM, then he said football ops decisions are made after discussing with him first.  Who's he trying to fool?  "The GM will hire the coach...that I tell him to hire" is more accurate.

We can't keep fired coaches like Creehan & Burke on.... That would be a cancer. They have to go. I don't blame Dave Dickenson for not coming here. You know he's talked to his brother & knows just how effed up this organization is right now. This team has very little credibility out there in the football world. Things need to change fast.

We can't keep fired coaches like Creehan & Burke on.... That would be a cancer. They have to go. I don't blame Dave Dickenson for not coming here. You know he's talked to his brother & knows just how effed up this organization is right now. This team has very little credibility out there in the football world. Things need to change fast.

You have no idea if that is why he doesn't want to come here...

I'm sure Craig has kept Dave informed all season long what went on.

To be fair, if Khari surrounded himself with a proper staff then he could be quite successful here.

He fits the bill of what I want, I just don't like the optics.

I have no idea if Jones would be a HC, but the optics of everything so far (rumoured or done) are terrible.

An old Bomber gets the CEO job. He keeps the young, inexperienced interim GM and makes him full time (probable). He hires someone whom he has a history with, Rick Worman, to be part of football ops. Now his business partner and good buddy is probably going to be our new HC. These may all turn out to be good moves, but the perception of the "old boys club" everyone was so upset about appears to be going strong.

It's weird how the best people for the job are all people Miller has history with.

I get the complaints about Miller but one I don't understand is why people think a statement like "football decisions will be made with my approval" (or whatever he said) is out of line.

He's the CEO. They rubber stamp all decisions.

This isn't new. Some of you just don't like it because he's brash and blunt about it.

I get the complaints about Miller but one I don't understand is why people think a statement like "football decisions will be made with my approval" (or whatever he said) is out of line.

This isn't new. Some of you just don't like it because he's brash and blunt about it.

Perhaps people are a little bit confused as to the process of how these decisions are being made.  The GM is typically the one to be the face of the decisions when facing the media.  The CEO certainly has final approval or course, but usually gives his "yes" or "no" and then lets the GM handle the announcements and the questions, and the press conferences, etc.  

All people have seen today is Miller.  When do we hear from Walters?

I watched the Buffalo Sabres press conference this morning, right before the WBB press conference.  Both have eerie similarities (neither has a GM currently, both teams sucked).  The biggest thing I took from both is that the final decisions won't be made by one person.  That owners, presidents, GMs and Coachs all have the responsibility to work together to bring about an end product.

Ted Nolan put it best this morning.... saying that the front office and the team in general will work hard to make you the paying customer feel like you weren't ripped off by attending a game.  Compete level, and the committment of the players/front office are what will help make this happen.

Hopefully the WBB start acting the same way.

Perhaps people are a little bit confused as to the process of how these decisions are being made.  The GM is typically the one to be the face of the decisions when facing the media.  The CEO certainly has final approval or course, but usually gives his "yes" or "no" and then lets the GM handle the announcements and the questions, and the press conferences, etc.  

Walters hasn't been named the permanent GM so that is why we haven't seen him.

When he is given the fulltime GM title already.

To be fair, if Khari surrounded himself with a proper staff then he could be quite successful here.

He fits the bill of what I want, I just don't like the optics.

If he gets a real good solid staff around him I don't see why he can't be successful. He's a smart guy and his team mates all said he was a hell of a leader, but he's such an unknown as a coach right now just really looks bad and is a big gamble. I think I'd be much more open to that gamble if it hadn't been such a **** show the last few years. 

Totally agree, but a lot of the candidates would be a gamble at this point.

I want to like the idea of Khari as a head coach but I'm just not sure.

They are all gambles at this point.  Even Dickenson.  

Pick your poison.  Hot shot coordinator?  That'll run you at least 50% failure rate.

Retread?  People would be pissed if we hired Cortez or MB but sometimes guys do better in their second jobs.  

You never know until you know.  I hope whoever they hire they will supply him with a quality QB.  

I don't think that has anything to do with it, honestly.    

I don't think that has anything to do with it, honestly.    

Okay.... and...

Anyone who thinks this team had the horses to compete and was only held back by coaching is out to lunch.

And anyone who thinks coaching wasn't the single biggest issue with this team is similarly out to lunch. 

With 3-15 teams that are getting blown out it comes down to 2 things. Lack of talent & coaching. That was the Bombers in 2013.