Burke fired

Atomic

The sad fact is that only once in the last three years have we won more games then Kelly did with his circus.... ONE. With supposedly more canadian talents and import talent and better qbs under center.

Wow. It's pathetic.

And when Kelly was here, we thought it couldn't get any worse. At least we haven't had any more coaches or GMs in the docket. Small comfort, but sometimes you have to take what you can get.

The sad fact is that only once in the last three years have we won more games then Kelly did with his circus.... ONE. With supposedly more canadian talents and import talent and better qbs under center.

Wow. It's pathetic.

OMG, you are...your…avatar.

Sadly no. I wanted Kelly gone 1/2 thought the season. I dispised him with a passion. My avatar was changed out of my immense displeasure with the circus that has grown around these parts since last offseason and thought this season,

I love the bombers, but after the abusive relationship we've had the past couple of seasons I begun to secretly hate them without being able to leave them..

That's the saddest part of MIke Kellys time here, he could have been a head coach if he didn't have that massive massive ego. If he'd let someone else run a proper offense, if he hadn't been so stupid at GM he could have been a solid head coach because the players obviously played for him (something they didn't do for Burke no matter what the team says) 

That's the saddest part of MIke Kellys time here, he could have been a head coach if he didn't have that massive massive ego. If he'd let someone else run a proper offense, if he hadn't been so stupid at GM he could have been a solid head coach because the players obviously played for him (something they didn't do for Burke no matter what the team says) 

If he never opened his mouth.......ever......

''Nobody touches the Quarterback but me''

''The Shotgun formation is for Pee-wee football''

that's the absolute tender side of what he said. All the embarrassing things he did/said both publicly and, apparently, in the room to the players.......God almighty. What a sad state ever since Berry's time...

Since we fired berry for an 8-10 season we have never won more then 8 games (if memory serves).

I had no idea at the time that those were going to be looked upon as the good years 5 years down the road.

Atleast I know what Hamilton fans felt like when they sucked constantly and had some 2-16 teams. Week.

Hamilton even had a 1-17 season in there

that's the absolute tender side of what he said. All the embarrassing things he did/said both publicly and, apparently, in the room to the players.......God almighty. What a sad state ever since Berry's time...

Watching Rob Ford's antics these past few weeks has brought back all of the Mike Kelly memories.  You never knew what stupid thing was going to happen next, or what idiotic thing Kelly was going to say or do.  Just a complete clown-show.

Wow. It's pathetic.

Sadly no. I wanted Kelly gone 1/2 thought the season. I dispised him with a passion. My avatar was changed out of my immense displeasure with the circus that has grown around these parts since last offseason and thought this season,

I love the bombers, but after the abusive relationship we've had the past couple of seasons I begun to secretly hate them without being able to leave them..

Well put. I don't know if I'd use hate, but apathetic for sure. Quite the paradox if you're a true Bomber fan.

I seem to recall reliable posters at RiderFans taking about Hobson being involved in some decisions other hiring a GM such vetoing trades, doing second interviews with head coaching candidates (iirc Milanovich was a candidate when Marshall was hired and Hoppy said no to Milanovich after meeting with him).

Tillman had to get the approval of both the incoming and outgoing team presidents in Edmonton to make the Ray trade and one of the reasons they gave for firing him was trading a 1st round pick for McKnight without discussing it with the higher ups.

Argos former owners made a trade without input from the GM iirc (Joseph trade). The Argos were a winning team until that trade was made.

Als' owner was the one who made the decision to fire Hawkins and have Popp replace him.

In terms of the Ray trade, I'm sure even Jim Popp would need Wetenhall's approval if Jim decided he wanted to trade Calvillo, IMO Franchise players are a bit of a different situation.

How did the Joseph trade end up for the Argos ?

BTW it was actually Pinball that brought in Joseph, Cynamon and Sokolski (the former owners) are the guys that brought us Bart Andrus.

Wetenhall is a hands on type of owner, he always meets with the HC candiates before they are hired etc.

I seem to recall reliable posters at RiderFans taking about Hobson being involved in some decisions other hiring a GM such vetoing trades, doing second interviews with head coaching candidates (iirc Milanovich was a candidate when Marshall was hired and Hoppy said no to Milanovich after meeting with him).

Tillman had to get the approval of both the incoming and outgoing team presidents in Edmonton to make the Ray trade and one of the reasons they gave for firing him was trading a 1st round pick for McKnight without discussing it with the higher ups.

Argos former owners made a trade without input from the GM iirc (Joseph trade). The Argos were a winning team until that trade was made.

Als' owner was the one who made the decision to fire Hawkins and have Popp replace him.

In terms of the Ray trade, I'm sure even Jim Popp would need Wetenhall's approval if Jim decided he wanted to trade Calvillo, IMO Franchise players are a bit of a different situation.

How did the Joseph trade end up for the Argos ?

BTW it was actually Pinball that brought in Joseph, Cynamon and Sokolski (the former owners) are the guys that brought us Bart Andrus.

Wetenhall is a hands on type of owner, he always meets with the HC candiates before they are hired etc.

McKnight isn't a franchise player yet giving up a 1st round pick for him without consulting anyone was listed as one of the reasons Tillman was fired.

In late 2008 Pinball was named Vice-Chair of the Argos after stepping down as President. Cynamon and Sokolski were the team owners at the time. Whether it was Pinball or C&S doesn't really matter that much since either way it was interfering with football ops. 

Regarding Wettenhall, you're proving my point.

McKnight isn't a franchise player yet giving up a 1st round pick for him without consulting anyone was listed as one of the reasons Tillman was fired.

In late 2008 Pinball was named Vice-Chair of the Argos after stepping down as President. Cynamon and Sokolski were the team owners at the time. Whether it was Pinball or C&S doesn't really matter that much since either way it was interfering with football ops. 

Regarding Wettenhall, you're proving my point.

The McKnight trade didn't require Rhodes or the Boards approval, the Ray trade did. Rhodes used the trade as an example that Tillman wasn't make good decisions.

Pinball was behind the deal, IMO there's a big difference between the former Head Coach making a decision like that and when Owners make it.

I didn't reply about Wetenhall to disagree with you, I just posted my thoughts.

Actually it doesn't matter, I'm sorry Jacquie, you're just right and I'm wrong.

Len Rhodes told Terry Jones of the Edmonton Sun:

“We lost confidence in Eric. The breaking point for me, personally, was when he traded our first-round draft choice for kicker Brody McKnight in the middle of the night, without any consultation whatsoever. I found out in the morning when I opened my e-mail.”

The original question was whether other teams had CEOs making football ops decisions. In that context it doesn't matter whether it was Pinball or C&S who made the decision on acquiring Joseph.

Wow. It's pathetic.

This sounds like a very bad couples' relationship.