Why hasn't Tim Burke been fired yet?

gbill2004

Seriously? Season ended over an hour ago. Is my internet connection not working? What's taking so long?

The season ended in June. The problem was that Mack wasn't fired before he hired Burke. If there is justice in this world, the closest Mack will ever get to pro football again would be to work as a hot dog vender in the stands.

Timbo might have been informed in the locker room of his dismissal immediately after the game. Will have a press conference on Monday to make it official. Tim, Joe Mack, the rest of the coaching staff (except Dickenson) will be officially fired at that time.

Joe Mack???

That whole post is a bag of ****...

Timbo might have been informed in the locker room of his dismissal immediately after the game. Will have a press conference on Monday to make it official. Tim, Joe Mack, the rest of the coaching staff (except Dickenson) will be officially fired at that time.

Joe Mack???

Joe Mack???

That whole post is a bag of ****

He was such a bad GM he deserves to be fired twice! :P

Joe Mack???

Joe Mack???

He was such a bad GM he deserves to be fired twice! :P

Did you seriously miss the whole Joe Mack getting fired situation earlier this season?

Joe Mack???

Joe Mack???
He was such a bad GM he deserves to be fired twice! :P

Did you seriously miss the whole Joe Mack getting fired situation earlier this season?

Hence me saying he deserves to be fired twice.  It was a joke.

Burke is getting paid for the next two years no matter what, so he isn't dangling. He should pull a Lapo after the axe falls and get a job on TSN for the next two years so he can double-dip on paychecks. Winnipeg should be able to supply coaches for that "Coach's Playbook" segment at half time for many years to come.

Perhaps then, Burke could explain why the offence was so horrible and connect the dots back to Jovon. Yes, he did not play the punts well, but to relate that field position to the putrid display on offence is really stretching it, but I guess it was JJ's turn to inspect the undercarriage of certain vehicles.

Burke is getting paid for the next two years no matter what, so he isn't dangling. He should pull a Lapo after the axe falls and get a job on TSN for the next two years so he can double-dip on paychecks. Winnipeg should be able to supply coaches for that "Coach's Playbook" segment at half time for many years to come.

Is it two full years??  I thought he was only signed up for next season and that was it?

If it's two years then dear lord that was a bad move by the Blue....

Is it two full years?? I thought he was only signed up for next season and that was it?

If it's two years then dear lord that was a bad move by the Blue....

I seem to recall it being said recently that he signed a 3 year contract but the last year was an option so the Bombers would only be paying him for one year.

Well from what I heard from Bob Irving this morning on CJOB, it looks like they're not going to make any decisions about Burke until after the Grey Cup is over.

Why?  What in Tim Burke's body of work supports the concept that he's a good HC?  Acknowledging to the media that he has bad players? 

No.  That speaks to the fact that he is a poor leader that leans on crutches, has not shown capable of coaching talent up, nor developing scheme around your talent.

Give him the '01 Bombers and I'd bet he'd coach them to a losing record.