Why hasn't Tim Burke been fired yet?

gbill2004

My prediction

GM: Walters, possibly Duningan (then Walters will be AGM)

HC: Khari (possibly Bellefeuille)

OC: Dyce, possibly Khari if he isn't HC. (Wildcard is Cortez)

DC: Fat Greg Marshall (possibly Kavis)

ST: C Dickenson

any hope of any reasoning as to why you select these people?  Or is this just a random list?  If random, then I'd like to see John Elway and Bill Belichick as GM and HC.

Fair question dude. 

• Walters, cause, well, it WILL be Walters. 

• Dunigan as a potential cause I keep hearing that name bandied about and I am hedging my bets. ;-)

• Khari cause he's tight with Miller and is smart and popular and an "offensive mind"  -- and won't get a HC shot anywhere else

• Bellefeuile cause he'd be cheap and serviceable and likely would be seen as a "safe" hire. 

• Dyce cause he's a WPG guy through and through and reasonably capable. Also a nice guy so he'll fit in.

• Cortez is my long shot -- he'll be out in SK and I could see the Bombers jonesing for his OC capability. Highly doubt he'c click with Miller though.

• Fat Greg cause he's liked by the other guys and is a serviceable DC. Remember, serviceable is the gold standard around here. 

• Kavis cause he's available and may wanna work rather than collect his checks performing as Seal in the EDM fringe festival 

• Craig Dickenson cause we need someone above average to make us look like a contender. 

Dunigan probably learned a lot in Calgary as HC & GM but that was a decade ago. Yeah, Matt got fired but he never went back to coaching. He could have become a qb coach with another team & later an offensive coordinator but he never bothered. I think it would be a mistake to hire him as a GM or HC. I'd take him as an OC for sure but that would be it. He's too inexperienced with just one year coaching & managing in the CFL.

Would Dunigan be THAT bad as a GM though? The stamps did bring in some quality people while he was there, I think Dunigans biggest failing in Calgary was taking on too many roles (GM, HC, OC, probably qb coach as well) and having to deal with an owner who basically bought a team so his son could play qb. 

Would Dunigan be THAT bad as a GM though? The stamps did bring in some quality people while he was there, I think Dunigans biggest failing in Calgary was taking on too many roles (GM, HC, OC, probably qb coach as well) and having to deal with an owner who basically bought a team so his son could play qb. 

I agree with you. Matt was put into a no win scenario by F Troop. But for some reason he felt he had to do all the work himself when he was with the Stamps. He never delegated authority. I just think after he was fired by the Stamps that he should have got involved as a CFL coach somewhere in his early 40's, worked his way up from QB Coach & maybe today he would be a successful GM & HC in the CFL. I believe Matt would be a great OC but certainly not as a GM or HC with the Bombers. I keep saying that Kyle Walters isn't ready to be a GM, I certainly would have to say Matt is the same. Not ready.

Don't think he'd be a horrible choice.  Count me in the camp that just wants us to go outside of our regular hiring practice of "guys who used to be Bombers."  That hasn't been going so good lately.  An infusion of new blood from outside the organization might be just what we need.

oh so Kelly learned it from his friend Dunnigan....

This season I think I watched more of the games in fast forward then ever before. So many times they would get blown out early and I ended up fast forwarding and skipping ahead scenes on the PVR to see if they can even get any points at all.

I must of saved 30 hours of my precious time from doing that!

What by any stretch qualifies Dunnigan to be a GM? How do people come up with these names? Are their no management skills and qualifications required or what?

It was a rumour on a CFL forum.  And I heard it from a very reliable source too (second-hand but the original source was very plausable - I didnt believe it at first but after the game on Saturday I ended up spending time with "the source" as well so it made me believe the info I was being told)

I was sort of thinking the lines were crossed on the Khari rumour and he was OC, not HC but Dunigan would be way out of left field so if his name is being bandied about I tend to think there might be something there.

I believe Marcel is as good as gone.

What by any stretch qualifies Dunnigan to be a GM? How do people come up with these names? Are their no management skills and qualifications required or what?

It was a rumour on a CFL forum.  And I heard it from a very reliable source too (second-hand but the original source was very plausable - I didnt believe it at first but after the game on Saturday I ended up spending time with "the source" as well so it made me believe the info I was being told)

I was sort of thinking the lines were crossed on the Khari rumour and he was OC, not HC but Dunigan would be way out of left field so if his name is being bandied about I tend to think there might be something there.

I believe Marcel is as good as gone.

I wish Burke was gone.... No, we have to wait... Like they don't know by now??????

Maybe they will can Bellefeuille and Burke will blame him for the teams trouble and coach us next season?

Don't say stupid things like that EVER AGAIN!!!

Now go to the corner and have a time out.

;)

And or they can blame Creehan and that can carry Burke through 2015!