Alex Hall Traded

Rich

Even though Foster hasn't done much, its stuff like getting a young Canadian receiver for an old broken QB that Joe Mack would've never done.

In fairness to Joe Mack, he did trade a broken Steven Jyles for a draft pick that turned into Jade Etienne... a young Canadian receiver

Oh yeah, a game changer that was... ;)

And Foster is...?

Two different trades. Two different players. Etienne is a Canadian receiver, I'll give you that. Not much else. Foster at least has talent & an upside. Etienne is a bust & at the very best has flatlined.

Two different trades. Two different players. Etienne is a Canadian receiver, I'll give you that. Not much else. Foster at least has talent & an upside. Etienne is a bust & at the very best has flatlined.

Could easily make the argument that Foster has flatlined and Etienne is the one with upside... but I'd rather run headfirst into a wall than attempt to argue with you so we'll just leave it at that.

I hope you know that Foster is Canadian too, and your comment on Etienne is, as usual, a bust.

No offense but this is complete bullshit.

Etienne has upside for days, Foster has plateaued.

I hope you know that Foster is Canadian too, and your comment on Etienne is, as usual, a bust.

Yeah, 16 catches in 3 seasons. Sure. The guy is useless.

I'd still rather have Foster than Etienne.

yeah but your opinion on Etienne is less than neutral. After how you instantly wrote him off cause he was an "off the board" pick nothing would change you mind about the kid. 

You're right. I won't deny that. It would take a lot to sway my opinion & so far he hasn't done it. The  only game where he looked like he belonged as a CFL receiver was the game last July vs Winnipeg & quite frankly that just doesn't cut it. I will take back calling him useless as that was too strong. I would prefer to think of him as not very good.

There seems to be a perception that this team needs to start two import tackles. If they could get a decent Canadian starting at tackle, that would be a step in the right direction, IMO.

Not saying that's Neufeld, but Neufeld could be depth or maybe a half-decent starter.

And even if they do start two imports @ OT going forward, there's no reason why a Canadian can't back them up.

There seems to be a perception that this team needs to start two import tackles. If they could get a decent Canadian starting at tackle, that would be a step in the right direction, IMO.

Not saying that's Neufeld, but Neufeld could be depth or maybe a half-decent starter.

And even if they do start two imports @ OT going forward, there's no reason why a Canadian can't back them up.

I think it's a case that right now we seem to have 2 options at tackle who are imports and look to be pretty good. If the team is serious about addressing the offensive line issue it makes the most sense to play those two imports there and look for NIs to strengthen the interior of the line. Now obviously things may change with regards to the ratio in the offseason but to me it just makes a hell of a lot of sense to stick with the 2 imports on the o-line philosophy for now. 

Why blame Etienne for being an under utilized asset? When put in a situation, as limited as it is he has made plays. Blame the staff not the player. Sure thing let him go and flourish elsewhere.

Etienne has at least made catches and plays I'm his brief time. Kohlert looks great because he constantly has to dive or make difficult catches because our qbs stink.

I'm sure Etienne would do well if our offense could actually play at an average level.

Why blame Etienne for being an under utilized asset? When put in a situation, as limited as it is he has made plays. Blame the staff not the player. Sure thing let him go and flourish elsewhere.

He may flourish & he may not like Chris Bauman. Etienne has started & gone entire games without a catch. Jabari Arthur is finally playing like everyone thought he could in Calgary. How long do you wait?

He may flourish & he may not like Chris Bauman. Etienne has started & gone entire games without a catch. Jabari Arthur is finally playing like everyone thought he could in Calgary. How long do you wait?

Considering you've been finding every excuse under the sun to not wait for him for almost 3 full years now, I find that comment to be pretty amusing.

Considering you've been finding every excuse under the sun to not wait for him for almost 3 full years now, I find that comment to be pretty amusing.

Three full years says it all. Thanks Mike.

After some time to think about this and get over the loss of one of the best DEs I have seen in my Bomber lifetime (IMO Hall is far better than Philip Hunt ever was), I guess I'm alright with this? I don't care much about the picks and Neufeld is at least something. I suppose my only issues stemmed from being in denial that Hall would leave and praying for the best. Neufeld is far from a can't miss prospect or even a marginal starter at this point but NI tackles, even half-decent ones are worth their weight in gold. I suppose it gives us some wiggle room in case one of Pencer or Swiston completely crap out as players. If all three end up being solid, it's a good problem to have.

I'm sad because Alex Hall was one of the few bright spots on this team and was a favourite of mine since TC last year but no one with half a brain can deny that trades like these are the ones that have to be made to improve this roster. Once Burke is canned and we start filling holes with young players with a future rather than the hair-brained use of veterans for no apparent gain, there is no reason why things can't turn around much quicker than most of us suspect.

I think the point is, are you implying we should have waited 5 or 6 years for Jabari Arthur? That's what your previous post implies.

I think the point is, are you implying we should have waited 5 or 6 years for Jabari Arthur? That's what your previous post implies.

No, I didn't say that. I just said it took 6 years before Arthur finally started to play. And good thing for him as he was on his last legs with the Stampeders. It may have never happened in Arthur's case so in the case of a player supposedly going to break out, how many seasons do you give him to do that because it isn't guaranteed. Besides, all you guys lovin' Etienne have all written off another young receiver Kito Poblah. So, it goes both ways. I think Etienne's a bust & nothing short of a season where he picks up  700 to a thousand yards will change my mind. And funny how members here think Nate Cooehoorn somehow isn't that great of a receiver because I've read comments here & on OB where there are fans who don't think he's very good either. I'd take Coehoorn over Etienne as a receiver in a heartbeat. We could have had him too but Mack never drafted him.