Alex Hall Traded

Rich

We are happy to see Etienne succeed, however limited that success may be, because of people like you who seem to relish his failures. I know personally, the happiest moments of the season for me were his big play in Montreal and his TDs against Calgary. He's a good kid and he absolutely deserves credit for becoming a reasonably productive player this year.

Poblah on the other hand, came in with all kinds of accolades and was given 10x the opportunities that Jade has and has shown nothing to inspire confidence from anyone. Two completely different scenarios and to compare Jade to Kito is completely ridiculous.

I'm still confused about your point about Arthur. So you are reveling in Arthur's success and blame it on lack of playing time? Jade hasn't been given nearly the opportunities that Arthur has. Could this be one of your "rare" double standards?

And as for Coehoorn, I think he's an ass but he's a serviceable receiver. However, I guarantee you that had Coehoorn been drafted by Mack you'd be crapping all over that pick as well because it's your MO and always has been. Coehoorn would be a slight upgrade over Jade right now, not nearly the upgrade you want to believe he would be and he's 3 years older.

Coehoorn a slight upgrade? That's an interesting statement. He's more than just a slight upgrade. And Jade's a nice guy but Coehoorn's an ass? Tell me more? Seriously, Etienne's had one good game as a pro vs Calgary... That's it. You guys can trash me all you like on this one because it doesn't matter. I won't shed a tear if the guy leaves as a FA or is drafted by Ottawa in the expansion draft.

I said I like Coehoorn as a player. He's decent enough and probably a top 10-NI receiver in the league (if that's saying anything). Let's keep in mind that he has Mike Reilly throwing to him and for the games Etienne was in and actually having success in, it was an entirely different story. I'm a fan of Etienne and am rooting for his success, you aren't. Simple as that and no need to argue it further. Although, I don't think anyone, including yourself, can deny that you are unnecessarily harsh on the guy.

As far as Coehoorn being an ass, he's the kind of guy that likes to get up in the DBs grill after making a routine catch for a first down. I hate when Bomber receivers do it (even if they haven't had much chance to) and I really hate when other teams do it. Watch from any scrums that happen while the Esks are on offense. Guarantee you Coehoorn is to blame or at least a main antagonist in 80% of them.

So, Coehoorn trash talks like 90% of the players in the league & that makes him an ass? Most dbs like to run their mouths so that doesn't surprise me. I don't dislike Etienne. Matter of fact after the Calgary game I was hoping he had turned the corner but then he just disappeared while other receivers were making catches & then he injured his neck. I just think that he's never going to amount to anything more than a journeyman receiver like Chris Bauman. He may play 7 or 8 seasons in the CFL but it won't be with just the Bombers. He'll start playing for multiple teams just like Bauman. I believe that if he doesn't start showing he can be an impact Canadian receiver then he'll become a depth player on the bench. Lots of players have made careers out of that & maybe that'll be his niche. He'll have to become a very good special teams player to stay in the CFL if he becomes a backup receiver.

And speaking of Chris Bauman, he has been on the injured list with Calgary since breaking his wrist on the second day of training camp this season. He finally recovered & was beginning to practice at full speed & the Stamps were probably going to activate him onto the playing roster. Well, guess what? He tore his ACL at practice yesterday & is now gone for the remainder of the year. He's been injured almost since he got here two seasons ago. So, once his contract is up & he recovers, I'm sure he'll be moving on again.

And speaking of Chris Bauman, he has been on the injured list with Calgary since breaking his wrist on the second day of training camp this season. He finally recovered & was beginning to practice at full speed & the Stamps were probably going to activate him onto the playing roster. Well, guess what? He tore his ACL at practice yesterday & is now gone for the remainder of the year. He's been injured almost since he got here two seasons ago. So, once his contract is up & he recovers, I'm sure he'll be moving on again.

Jade Etienne is not Chris Bauman. Bauman was never supposed to be a "project" and he has been given multiple opportunities (including starting jobs) and has been injured or ineffective. We are a looooong way from putting Jade on that same list.

I really would like Jade to do well as he is a Blue Bomber.

yeah I'm calling bullshit on that one. You want him to flame out so you can crow about how you knew all along he was a bust. 

Nope. I'm not happy at all with what I see but if he does well next season then it's all good. This is the CFL. He's a pro football player. He gets paid to play. It's not high school or CIS. He has to compete & excel as well as do it extremely hard everyday. Like I said if he does I'll verbally eat crow here. Besides, I know you'll be feeding it to me on a giant platter.

yeah I'm calling bullshit on that one. You want him to flame out so you can crow about how you knew all along he was a bust. 

...and he wants that, as he is a Stamps fan...

I'm sure if Coehoorn was in Winnipeg this year he would have been lighting it up... no difference between playing in Calgary and the crap sandwich that Winnipeg's offense has been this year.

I guess we'll never know.  All we can say is that Coehoorn has done far more than Etienne at this point.

I'm sure if Coehoorn was in Winnipeg this year he would have been lighting it up... no difference between playing in Calgary and the crap sandwich that Winnipeg's offense has been this year.

I guess we'll never know.  All we can say is that Coehoorn has done far more than Etienne at this point.

As he should, as he's like 5 years older with far more training...

I guess we'll never know. All we can say is that Coehoorn has done far more than Etienne at this point.

As he should, as he's like 5 years older with far more training...

Perhaps that should have been taken into consideration when drafting

It was...it's called a higher ceiling. Give JE some time....

Time? With 2 or 3 year contracts and no restricted free agency, CFL teams don't have the luxury of time. If he bolts to another team this offseason, what the hell was the point? 3 years down the tubes. At least if the Esks lost Coehoorn they got 2 very good years out of him.

...and he wants that, as he is a Stamps fan...

Sure, that's why I hang out here everyday, get into pissing contests with guys like you over subjects like this & have gone to 2 games this year at IGF living in Calgary. In the last 10 years before IGF, I averaged a game a year at Canad Inns. I follow both teams. People have known that for a long time so nice try. So get a new schtick Noeller, I thought you were past that.