Alex Hall Traded

Rich

Kohl et has been money on the majority of passes thrown his way wether they were under thrown, over thrown, in heavy traffic etc. he's the one guy that seems to make clutch catches or big receptions each week.

ettienne isn't even starting

Hey I like Kohlert as much as the next guy, but Etienne seems like he's got a good pair of mitts too. I'm just a fan of receivers who catch the ball when it comes to them and both of those guys seem to do it. 

your problem is that you make up your mind about things very quickly and without giving things a chance and stubbornly stick to that no matter what. I at least gave Burke a chance before turning on him. For you Etienne was useless the minute he was drafted. 

I never thought that at first although I wasn't happy Mack drafted him. It was the 2012 season that soured me on the guy when he dressed but never saw the field even on special teams & he made just that one catch all year. He got special treatment which I didn't like. I prefer to see all of our players earn their way onto the roster not just given a spot & other than qbs all players especially young Canadian players have to be able to play special teams. That's what I didn't like. Other Canadian players in the past with more talent have been cut on the Bombers & other CFL teams because they couldn't (or wouldn't) play special teams. Why should Etienne be any different? And  man, don't tell me I make my mind up on things quickly.... Pot meet kettle. Kettle meet pot.

Let's see now, Rory an undrafted free agent........Jade a first round pick..........gee which one should be the stud and which the dud. Given all the screaming around here about that 2nd to 4th round swap with the Riders I can't believe anyone would even be stupid enough or brash enough to bring this comparison up unless they were just trolling.

In Calgary there's Brad Sinopoli. He was a Hec Creighton winning qb who sat on the bench for 3 seasons. He was converted to receiver this season at training camp, a position he's never played & the guy has been great. He catches everything & makes good YAC yards after each catch. We have a first round pick with 16 catches in 3 seasons & Sinipoli with just a few months of experience at receiver is outplaying Etienne.

your problem is that you make up your mind about things very quickly and without giving things a chance and stubbornly stick to that no matter what. I at least gave Burke a chance before turning on him. For you Etienne was useless the minute he was drafted. 

LOL! Please tell me you didn't type this with a straight face, Mr. Kettle....

This message is for Mike & 17. The 3 of us aren't going to back down here. We've stated our cases & are stubborn enough to stick with them. Now the discussion is going round & round like a merry go round solving nothing. How about we call a truce & move on? For the sake of everyone else here. Let's just drop it. This has been going on all day. It's time to stop.

LOL! Please tell me you didn't type this with a straight face, Mr. Kettle....

I did indeed because I am a very open minded person. 

Let's see now, Rory an undrafted free agent........Jade a first round pick..........gee which one should be the stud and which the dud. Given all the screaming around here about that 2nd to 4th round swap with the Riders I can't believe anyone would even be stupid enough or brash enough to bring this comparison up unless they were just trolling.

In Calgary there's Brad Sinopoli. He was a Hec Creighton winning qb who sat on the bench for 3 seasons. He was converted to receiver this season at training camp, a position he's never played & the guy has been great. He catches everything & makes good YAC yards after each catch. We have a first round pick with 16 catches in 3 seasons & Sinipoli with just a few months of experience at receiver is outplaying Etienne.

And our 1st round picks Etienne & Poblah can't even get playing time over an undrafted free agent and a wash out in Foster.

Trolling, plain and simple.

But it's Dave, he's the master.

I'm sure if Coehoorn was in Winnipeg this year he would have been lighting it up... no difference between playing in Calgary and the crap sandwich that Winnipeg's offense has been this year.

I guess we'll never know. All we can say is that Coehoorn has done far more than Etienne at this point.

As he should, as he's like 5 years older with far more training...

and boom goes the dynamite.

very good point.

The did not do anything positive to help Jade progress. The best thing they could have done was sent him back to school and let him play another year and develop. He hadn't played a lot in college. Practice roster or roster and not playing in games is not a real substitute for game experience at any level.

I don't see how anyone can blame Etienne for his lack of production.

Every time he's been thrown the ball, he's done something with it. Whenever he plays, I constantly notice comments on how much separation he can create for himself.

It's not exactly his fault he's been saddled with awful quarterbacks and a brutal staff. Besides, his numbers over an 18 game season this year extrapolate to a 700 yard receiver. Really worth complaining about? 

Every time he's been thrown the ball, he's done something with it. Whenever he plays, I constantly notice comments on how much separation he can create for himself.

It's not exactly his fault he's been saddled with awful quarterbacks and a brutal staff. Besides, his numbers over an 18 game season this year extrapolate to a 700 yard receiver. Really worth complaining about? 

but duane forde didn't have him ranked that high!!!111!!

It's funny that you blame everyone but Jade.  Of course fans blame players production or lack thereof on the player.  Every receiver on our team is saddled with awful QB's and a brutal staff.  Most if not all of them have done better than Jade.  (Kito at least started right away, but he has been almost as bad since then)  Lets call it the 'Stoddard Syndrome'.  If you like a player then lack of production is everyone else's fault.  

You can't extrapolate a few decent games into a full season.  It simply doesn't work that way.  Jade had one great game, 2 average for a first round pick games and the rest of the time he hasn't been worth anything.  In the meantime, he has been slurping up 1st round money and taking up an NI spot on the 46 for 3 years.

You, 17 and others are pulling for Jade to finally show the potential that Mack said he had and are disagreeing with everyone who doesn't see it your way.  You still want to win the 3 year old argument: 'was Jade a good pick at 4th overall?' even know it's pretty clear by now he wasn't.

My take on Jade...

He was a huge reach when he was picked.  There were better choices on the board, especially at receiver, who had more experience and could contribute at least on special teams RFN.  Nope, it wasn't his fault, but it does color the way fans see him.  If Jade had been a 3rd round receiver, fans would see him as the project he still is and would have lowered their expectations for at least a couple of years.  They would probably be calling for a replacement by now anyway. 

I was stoked when he had a couple of good games early in the season.  I thought, probably wrongly, that he had turned the corner and we would finally see some return on our investment.  Sadly, that hasn't happened.  I'd be surprised if he is protected or taken in the Ottawa draft.  I have no problem if the Bombers re-sign him, as long as it's not for 3 year NI starters money, because he hasn't earned that.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Rider green next year as one of their development players.

I love how ISO won't stop complaining about Etienne when he's been better than Anthony Parker. Iannuzzi, Etienne, and Parker have all had similar production, Coehoorn is the only receiver from that draft class that has been more productive and consistent than the others but hes also 27 years old already. Poblah on the other hand is a bust, but I personally believe Etienne has some long term potential, and I'd hate to lose him or Kohlert to the Riders or Redblacks.

It's funny that you blame everyone but Jade.  Of course fans blame players production or lack thereof on the player.  Every receiver on our team is saddled with awful QB's and a brutal staff.  Most if not all of them have done better than Jade.  (Kito at least started right away, but he has been almost as bad since then)  Lets call it the 'Stoddard Syndrome'.  If you like a player then lack of production is everyone else's fault.  

You can't extrapolate a few decent games into a full season.  It simply doesn't work that way.  Jade had one great game, 2 average for a first round pick games and the rest of the time he hasn't been worth anything.  In the meantime, he has been slurping up 1st round money and taking up an NI spot on the 46 for 3 years.

You, 17 and others are pulling for Jade to finally show the potential that Mack said he had and are disagreeing with everyone who doesn't see it your way.  You still want to win the 3 year old argument: 'was Jade a good pick at 4th overall?' even know it's pretty clear by now he wasn't.

My take on Jade...

He was a huge reach when he was picked.  There were better choices on the board, especially at receiver, who had more experience and could contribute at least on special teams RFN.  Nope, it wasn't his fault, but it does color the way fans see him.  If Jade had been a 3rd round receiver, fans would see him as the project he still is and would have lowered their expectations for at least a couple of years.  They would probably be calling for a replacement by now anyway. 

I was stoked when he had a couple of good games early in the season.  I thought, probably wrongly, that he had turned the corner and we would finally see some return on our investment.  Sadly, that hasn't happened.  I'd be surprised if he is protected or taken in the Ottawa draft.  I have no problem if the Bombers re-sign him, as long as it's not for 3 year NI starters money, because he hasn't earned that.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Rider green next year as one of their development players.

Exactly my feelings  on every count. Couldn't have said it any better.

Of course you would agree.

Wouldn't expect anything different from the two of you.

You're two are brothers from different mothers.

It's tired and archaic thinking.

The kid is going to be good.

I hope it's with us.

Of course you would agree.

Wouldn't expect anything different from the two of you.

You're two are brothers from different mothers.

It's tired and archaic thinking.

The kid is going to be good.

I hope it's with us.

What on earth are you basing your opinion of Jade on?  What makes you think he will be adequate, let alone good?