Alex Hall Traded

Rich

Why do people keep suggesting Etienne would be signed by the Riders? Why would he want to sign with a team where he would be a depth player? And what makes people think the Riders would be interested in signing him?

The Riders don't have any NI receivers outside of Getzlaf and yes that includes Rob Bagg.
Before Labatte signed with the Riders I don't recall any talk about losing Saskatchewan-born players to the Riders. Now people talk (some in jest and some seriously) that any player who is even related to someone in Saskatchewan should not be taken or won't re-sign. It gets rather ridiculous at time.

The subject has been raised here & elsewhere. I'm surprised that you never heard this before.
Since Labatte left it gets raised constantly. Before he left I don't recall people saying don't draft this guy because he's from Saskatchewan or whatever. A lot of things were said about Etienne when he was drafted and in his first couple seasons but I don't recall the "we develop him and then he signs with the Riders once he starts doing something" talk starting until after he really started showing signs that he could start.

You don't think for a minute that Kohert and Etienne as pending FAs would not go back to play at home in a minute?

Three reasons players choose where to play, money,geography and playtime.

Especially when Jade Etienne can't even get on the field so you think he's happy here? Why wouldn't he consider going back to Saskatchewan? Think the Bombers won't try to sign Kohlert over Etienne as he'd be the priority, I believe?

Jim Toth tweeted this about Etienne today:

Jim Toth @JimTothCJOB: Coach Burke says he has simply fallen out of favour. Great start, got hurt & is now being outplayed so he is just there.