Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT

Elks are not so LOLks as they once were... But I still believe they're overrated. They go as Justin Rankin goes. I do believe they're beatable.

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team. We've sadly shown that too many times so far this season.

But, as always, I live on a hope and a prayer... For two points our way, no matter how it looks. Just find a way to win.

  • Replies 827
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • daniels with the down field speed of a fully loaded cement mixer

  • bustamente
    bustamente

    I can live with the PI on Kelly but the RTP on ZC has to be called or overturned by the CC

  • JohnnyAbonny
    JohnnyAbonny

    It’s like when MOS had Andrew, Biggie, etc running the room he just went totally hands off and never went back to actually coaching. He did some dumb **** with the roster his whole time here, but at l

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Elks are not so LOLks as they once were... But I still believe they're overrated. They go as Justin Rankin goes. I do believe they're beatable.

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team. We've sadly shown that too many times so far this season.

But, as always, I live on a hope and a prayer... For two points our way, no matter how it looks. Just find a way to win.

I dont think they overrated...and Rankin hasn't really done much in over a month...yet they still in 1st

We go as BO goes...so guess we overrated too?...And based on our record there's not much over rating going on here anyway. Weare a bottom tier team until we prove otherwise. It gonna be a tough match for us....especially as last win was less than inspiring by any stretch and we made zero changes

Edited by Booch

One of the things I hate most is watching Faj float a ball into our secondary and having it completed to a wide open receiver. Or a receiver that is somewhat covered, but our DB has zero awareness of where the damn ball is. It usually starts with me saying, oh pick that…. Followed by FFS!!! I hope not to experience this tonight.

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Fajardo has been playing better than Collaros and Mack is playing better than any of our receivers. We can dislike them but Edmonton is a good team.

They’re absolutely in the top third of teams, but I do think they’re punching above their weight a bit and will come back down to Earth.

Edmonton is really good and they take the ball away regularly.... They've got the most INTs in the league which is not great for Zach. I think the Bomber defence can handle the Elks offence for awhile but not if our offence gives the ball away multiple times and our defence is on the field for 40 minutes. If Collaros has a good game the Bombers probably win. But that's a big If.

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They’re absolutely in the top third of teams, but I do think they’re punching above their weight a bit and will come back down to Earth.

I dunno...they top 2 in passing...a top 3 receiver...top 4 RB who has been in a slump but prob most dynamic in league....like mentioned...lead in takeaways...thats a lot of punching above

we have a top rusher....but we misuse him if that even makes sense...bottom of the league passer...or best receiver is 15th...have what...league low in takeaways, tho we are top of league in sacks...but the worst run defence offsets that...that's a lot of no punching

Am expecting a 32-13 win for the Ungulates, and that Collaros will not start the second half.

31 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Fajardo has been playing better than Collaros and Mack is playing better than any of our receivers. We can dislike them but Edmonton is a good team.

Oddly enough, Mack leads the league in drops. Mack is playing well, but the rest of that rec group has been really good too. IF the bombers can keep their O in check like they did during the 2nd half of the game during their first match, they will have a chance. Not going to be easy though.

Forgot that about Mack.

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

I dunno...they top 2 in passing...a top 3 receiver...top 4 RB who has been in a slump but prob most dynamic in league....like mentioned...lead in takeaways...thats a lot of punching above

we have a top rusher....but we misuse him if that even makes sense...bottom of the league passer...or best receiver is 15th...have what...league low in takeaways, tho we are top of league in sacks...but the worst run defence offsets that...that's a lot of no punching

I guess I’m mostly talking about their offence, which I think will/has regressed to the mean a bit.

Their defence is lights out though. I can’t take anything away from that.

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oddly enough, Mack leads the league in drops. Mack is playing well, but the rest of that rec group has been really good too. IF the bombers can keep their O in check like they did during the 2nd half of the game during their first match, they will have a chance. Not going to be easy though.

The league leader in drops will always be one of the top receivers who sees the most targets.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team.

So angry and negative

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So angry and negative

But accurate.

Head says this one is a loss for the good guys and it's not close. Heart says LET'S ******* GO!

Edited by johnzo

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

best receiver is 15th

Stats are funny in that yeah the Bombers top receiver is at 15... But then the next two are at 16 and T17. If they all have their average game they will be 10, 11, 12 after tonight.

And somehow Collaros is middle of the pack Passer Rating wise which doesn't really pass the eye test

Only 2 off Hamilton for 5th in forced TOs too. They are pretty and at keeping the other team out of the end zone though (7th)

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Elks are not so LOLks as they once were... But I still believe they're overrated. They go as Justin Rankin goes. I do believe they're beatable.

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team. We've sadly shown that too many times so far this season.

But, as always, I live on a hope and a prayer... For two points our way, no matter how it looks. Just find a way to win.

Bombers should have beat them in week 4 if not for some monumental dumbass play calling late in the game. 5 minutes left in the game, you have the lead, 2nd and 6 from your 25 and you throw a low percentage bomb that goes incomplete. Game was over right there. Throw a freaking 5 yard pass thats completed 90% of the time and sneak for the 1st eating up the clock. Its not f'ing rocket science. Still so pissed off with that asinine play call.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Edmonton is a really good team, they'll be really hard to beat tonight. Will be interesting to see if our defense has improved or if they were just fortunate to play Ottawa. Our offense is what scares me the most right now. Just can't score enough

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I guess I’m mostly talking about their offence, which I think will/has regressed to the mean a bit.

Their defence is lights out though. I can’t take anything away from that.

The league leader in drops will always be one of the top receivers who sees the most targets.

Yeah they as a whole have come down a bit...but I'd take theirs over ours currently....Defence tho...aggressive attacking style...kinda like we used to be when we won the cup

And yeah those drops are contextual and can be based on sheer volume...I'd love him in our lineup tho..was a guy I hoped we woulda targeted

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bombers should have beat them in week 4 if not for some monumental dumbass play calling late in the game. 5 minutes left in the game, you have the lead, 2nd and 6 from your 25 and you throw a low percentage bomb that goes incomplete. Game was over right there. Throw a freaking 5 yard pass thats completed 90% of the time and sneak for the 1st eating up the clock. Its not f'ing rocket science. Still so pissed off with that asinine play call.

a common theme of late last few yrs

11 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Edmonton is a really good team, they'll be really hard to beat tonight. Will be interesting to see if our defense has improved or if they were just fortunate to play Ottawa. Our offense is what scares me the most right now. Just can't score enough

handcuffing yourself with 2 receivers who average 3 catches for 34 yards between them doesnt help when not addressed after week 9

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

And yeah those drops are contextual and can be based on sheer volume...I'd love him in our lineup tho..was a guy I hoped we woulda targeted

Mack was a guy I desperately wanted the Bombers to target.

... have we got something different....something special for tonight......don't look like it....don't like our chances

When was the last time we had a game where edmonton was basically the lock favorite to beat us in their stadium? MIke reilly qb days?

Hate to be a debbie downer... but when in Rome...

I'm expecting a blow out win by the Elks.... followed by zero changes to the Bombers rosters... and another blow out win by the Als next week... I wish I could have optimism about our team right now...

The plus of being negative... I'll be very happy to be wrong

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Elks are not so LOLks as they once were... But I still believe they're overrated. They go as Justin Rankin goes. I do believe they're beatable.

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team. We've sadly shown that too many times so far this season.

But, as always, I live on a hope and a prayer... For two points our way, no matter how it looks. Just find a way to win.

Hot take. As always.

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

When was the last time we had a game where edmonton was basically the lock favorite to beat us in their stadium? MIke reilly qb days?

Yeah, the Mike Reilly era.

51 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Edmonton is a really good team, they'll be really hard to beat tonight. Will be interesting to see if our defense has improved or if they were just fortunate to play Ottawa. Our offense is what scares me the most right now. Just can't score enough

We dressed 10 linebackers for tonight. It's in the bag, c'mon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.