Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joey Crawley

Given how bad last game went I wonder if we could have some humor! Remember Joey Crawley who would write devils advocate posts saying the moose will get a bigger crowd than the bombers would for a champions parade and Jim Daley was our best head coach. I wonder what happened to him?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Something tells me that since the last time “Joey Crawley” was mentioned was also by you, eight years ago in a post about memories from Ourbombers … I think it’s fair to suggest that what happened to

  • 17to85
    17to85

  • Eternal optimist
    Eternal optimist

    I know i will get flack on here for this but Drew Willy. He had that one year with a magical 5-1 start (2014) and always thought he could of been something behind better o-line play. He was never the

Featured Replies

Elliott got the vast majority of his game action while Burke was the head coach in 2012. He only started a couple of games before Lapo got canned. Lapo seemed to prefer Brink as his non-Buck starter.

Elliott got released by us after the 2012 season.

Happy birthday to him.

Edited by johnzo

I thought Elliot was in the middle of having a break-out game and injured his knee.

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

I thought Elliot was in the middle of having a break-out game and injured his knee.

His knee injury came in 2011 at home against Calgary. Buck got hurt, JE started the second half and wrecked his knee making a tackle after a fumble recovery. He wasn't playing extra special when he got hurt.

He was healthy when cut during the 2012 offseason, afaik.

20 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

In all fairness to Tee Martin. The offensive line in 2005 makes the 2026 offensive line look like 5 Stanley Bryant’s in their prime.

plus Kamau Incompleterson.

16 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I don’t know why I remember this but wasn’t he really good at short yardage?

Yes he was, he was only here in the back half of '09 but he had several 3rd and short plays that he turned into large gains. He was cut before the 2010 season after the Bombers brought in Pierce, Jyles, and Brink.

Imagine if Robert Marve had good knees... that cannon arm was something.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Imagine if Robert Marve had good knees... that cannon arm was something.

Mike Bishop had a cannon arm and good knees.

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Mike Bishop had a cannon arm and good knees.

Knocked himself out running into his olineman too..and makes sense as had all the tools...empty upstairs tho..but super nice guy

Jamie Foxx cousin..helped him get ready for Any Given Sunday too

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Mike Bishop had a cannon arm and good knees.

Also a really slow release.

I know i will get flack on here for this but Drew Willy. He had that one year with a magical 5-1 start (2014) and always thought he could of been something behind better o-line play.

He was never the same after his knee injury and played scared after we shipped him off to TO for TJ Heath and a bag of bolts.

18 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know i will get flack on here for this but Drew Willy. He had that one year with a magical 5-1 start (2014) and always thought he could of been something behind better o-line play.

He was never the same after his knee injury and played scared after we shipped him off to TO for TJ Heath and a bag of bolts.

The Bombers cooked him. He isn't the first player Osh did this to. Look at what happened to Dalton Schoen. Willy was physically assaulted every game he played & that one bad leg injury he got was really nasty. They played Willy until the fight was totally beaten completely out of him. I always thought that the Bombers just threw him to the wolves & didn't do nearly enough to protect him. Then they brought in that huge guard from Edmonton with the last name of Bond & the OL was immediately better after they ruined Willy's career.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know i will get flack on here for this but Drew Willy. He had that one year with a magical 5-1 start (2014) and always thought he could of been something behind better o-line play.

He was never the same after his knee injury and played scared after we shipped him off to TO for TJ Heath and a bag of bolts.

He was never our back-up tho. He signed on to be the starter after we missed out on Collaros and Burris.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Yeah, Drew Willy got the rawest of raw deals, in Winnipeg

I have no idea how Osh & Walters expected Willy to go out & perform when he was getting beat up on nearly every passing play. His linemen were the absolute worst in the CFL. And it wasn't even close.

On 2026-08-01 at 4:29 PM, Atomic said:

To be fair he never got a real chance to play until the Mike Kelly year in '09 and nobody could have success in that offence. I remember one game, I believe it was game 4 of the season vs the Argos - LeFors, Randall, and Richie Williams all played and I believe we're all cut or placed on the 9 game IR shortly after. And then they brought in Michael Bishop to run Manny Matsakis offence.

That’s hilarious. That was the first year I had season tickets. Well, my parents had season tickets plus 1. But yeah, Randall was actually put in a game and had an arm but couldn’t hit a barn door from 10 Yards away. That’s hilarious cuz that season was a disaster but it was so fun being at the games, the blue out also. The ticat boat incident happened then.

All QBs we dressed played the one game. Memorable for reasons for me plus we sat by Mike Kelly’s Winnipeg girlfriend and got to meet MK who was actually extremely friendly polite and respectful, the opposite of how he came across. No bs. Somewhere in a binder in my basement I got autographs from bomber legends lefors Dudley guice Jr and Mike Kelly. lol. Among others.

I still don’t think MK was gonna be fired until his arrest then it was obvious. Without the arrest I think he was coming back. That whole group tho, Kelly as coach. Murphy as bird dog really, just awful people in reality.

If MK kept KG, he probably wouldn’t have been let go either cuz then there’s no real controversy when you win. Plus Murphy and Kelly found some talent. I’d almost argue more than KW has in his tenure. KW more of a sign free agents guy. Not lots of non free agents. Murphy better scout than McManus is what I’m saying despite Murphy being a slimeball creep.

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

His linemen were the absolute worst in the CFL. And it wasn't even close.

Dominic Picard's shotgun snaps in 2015 were soooo bad. Slow and inaccurate, the QB always had to take care to secure them before looking downfield.

It kind of made me doubt whether the Canadian quota was a good idea, seeing such a football skills deficiency.

O'Shea's track record for ruining players is lengthy enough that I am amazed that he wasn't canned for that alone.He has had multiple other reasons to have been fired, let alone re-upped to three more years.

49 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Y'all do realize...that O'Shea will get hired again elsewhere?

Not soon enough.

49 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Y'all do realize...that O'Shea will get hired again elsewhere?

And will win a Cup with the next team... I have ZERO doubts about that. I'm not saying that's why you don't move on, but it's an absolute fact that he'll turn another franchise around same as he did with us.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

And will win a Cup with the next team... I have ZERO doubts about that. I'm not saying that's why you don't move on, but it's an absolute fact that he'll turn another franchise around same as he did with us.

bart simpson episode 3 GIF

5 hours ago, johnzo said:

Dominic Picard's shotgun snaps in 2015 were soooo bad. Slow and inaccurate, the QB always had to take care to secure them before looking downfield.

It kind of made me doubt whether the Canadian quota was a good idea, seeing such a football skills deficiency.

A team mate of his once complained to me about how he (Picard) would shoot snot rockets in their hotel room leaving souvenirs on the walls and furniture. That is all.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

A team mate of his once complained to me about how he (Picard) would shoot snot rockets in their hotel room leaving souvenirs on the walls and furniture. That is all.

probably got better velocity on the snot missiles

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Y'all do realize...that O'Shea will get hired again elsewhere?

which makes even more sense to not worry about the Admin/Coaches cap and cut ties this yrs end if we flop...he will be off the books if hired elsewhere...so not a big concern....and certainly there is an organization or 2 blinded by the success to take him on...I encourage it lol

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

And will win a Cup with the next team... I have ZERO doubts about that. I'm not saying that's why you don't move on, but it's an absolute fact that he'll turn another franchise around same as he did with us.

really?...maybe a loaded team already...but if brought in to resurrect one...cant see it...nope...He wasnt the defacto reason of the turn around....and the evidence we have seen since the firs cup loss with a still loaded team...and the subsequent things all contributing to the slide...and yes we sliding....I dont see garuanteed turn around just cause he is there

Just now, Atomic said:

Extra extra! Noeller smells!

"that's a half truth!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.