Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)

With Rookie Camps getting underway Wednesday, it's time to talk about the 2026 CFL season!

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 3DownNation DAZN hires Chris Streveler as CFL, NFL analyst - 3DownNation Chris Streveler has been hired by DAZN as a CFL and NFL analyst, creator, and on-air personality, the streaming service announc

  • 17to85
    17to85

    No I don't

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    Heard yesterday morning out of Regina a Rider player had been in a wreck and that it was likely the Rider players fault, didn't know who until afternoon. Then a lot of locals went off on a "brown guy

Featured Replies

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think we're absolutely dreaming if we think Hamilton is offering up Kiondre Smith for Zach Collaros. Nevermind a plus.

12 games of a washed up starting QB plus playoffs for one of the top Canadian receivers in the league, in his prime?

Hamilton is desperate, Kenny Lawler aint getting younger, still a chance to send the Cats to the GC

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hang in there.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm not weird, I'm eccentric.

Nope. If you don't have money, you're weird. If you have lotsa money, you're eccentric. Its all about context. As an example: using a feather in foreplay is eccentric. Using the whole chicken is weird.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then tell bigg jay to stop swearing at me. I've never, ever had a bone to pick with him. so why should he speak to me like that? Plus my comments weren't meant to be taken in a negative way. I didn't say anything close to deserving a response like that. He could have said, "Did you mean Taylor Powell?" Then I wouldn't have taken exception to that & said yes. Instead, "It's who the **** is Kevin Powell? Why the need to swear directly at me for a comment I made that was an honest mistake? As to your overall message, I appreciate it. I'll try to hold my temper from here on in. This place can be very polarizing.

Also, I just got out of hospital having had surgery. I'm at home recovering. The level of pain iI'm experiencing s anywhere from bad to excruciating. I'm on Oxycodone for pain relief. I'll be switching to Tylenol 3's & 4's tomorrow. So, I am probably being affected by the pain meds in some ways which would account for why I called Powell Kevin instead of Taylor. I'm going to be bed ridden for the next 8-10 weeks minimum which is depressing because my summer is over. We had planned on takin g a trip along the Oregon coast in August that i was looking forward to. At least I made it to Kelowna for the CFL game. So, I am struggling right now. Although, I'm not looking for sympathy.

One day, one hour at a time. Let your doctor(s) know what is working and what is not, and take your pain meds with a carbonated beverage like soda or bubble water- you will find it hits your system in half the time.. Sending you healing.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

One day, one hour at a time. Let your doctor(s) know what is working and what is not, and take your pain meds with a carbonated beverage like soda or bubble water- you will find it hits your system in half the time.. Sending you healing.

I will say that when I take the Oxycodin for pain it makes me feel drunk. So, if I reacted the way I did it wasn't intentional.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

Hypothetically, if you were the GM of Winnipeg and felt we could let Zach go at the right price, Hamilton wants (needs Zach), what would a realistic return be? Kiondré and a pick?

Sounds good to me.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I will say that when I take the Oxycodin for pain it makes me feel drunk. So, if I reacted the way I did it wasn't intentional.

Heavy pain meds also compromize your immune system and slow your bowels to a crawl.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Sounds good to me.

Heavy pain meds also compromize your immune system and slow your bowels to a crawl.

Yeah but the alternative is suffering thru extreme pain which is far worse. Have to get back to normal on the downside of the pain issues. My doctor said the pain will start to subside after 5-10 days. Tomorrow is Day 5.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

Hamilton is desperate, Kenny Lawler aint getting younger, still a chance to send the Cats to the GC

Wouldn't want Lawler. Yeah, he can go up for the ball better than anyone but he is a moody player. He'll disappear if he's unhappy.

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah but the alternative is suffering thru extreme pain which is far worse. Have to get back to normal on the downside of the pain issues. My doctor said the pain will start to subside after 5-10 days. Tomorrow is Day 5.

Wouldn't want Lawler. Yeah, he can go up for the ball better than anyone but he is a moody player. He'll disappear if he's unhappy.

I don't think he was ever unhappy in Winnipeg, its a dream but I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

42 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Nope. If you don't have money, you're weird. If you have lotsa money, you're eccentric. Its all about context. As an example: using a feather in foreplay is eccentric. Using the whole chicken is weird.

How do you know @rebusrankin isn’t filthy rich?

And if you are filthy rich @rebusrankin you’ve always been my favorite. I take e-transfers if that helps.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Filthy rich..or stinky stanky rich..there's 2 tiers haha

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Filthy rich..or stinky stanky rich..there's 2 tiers haha

Yup and I’m neither.

But hey money doesn’t buy happiness.

Narrators voice:

Nor does poverty chump.

30 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't think he was ever unhappy in Winnipeg, its a dream but I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

No, not at the money he makes. I saw the look on his face yesterday on the sidelines. He clearly was unhappy.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

44 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, not at the money he makes. I saw the look on his face yesterday on the sidelines. He clearly was unhappy.

Sure, and id be grumpy as hell having Dolegala throwing to me too

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Sure, and id be grumpy as hell having Dolegala throwing to me too

Lawler is a good team mate when things are going well for Kenny lawler. When it’s not, I’m not sure he is.

15 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Sure, and id be grumpy as hell having Dolegala throwing in my general direction, too

FIFY

3 hours ago, Nolby said:

Hypothetically, if you were the GM of Winnipeg and felt we could let Zach go at the right price, Hamilton wants (needs Zach), what would a realistic return be? Kiondré and a pick?

On what planet?

Realistic return would be like a 2nd-3rd round pick maybe upgrade to 1st.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

On what planet?

Realistic return would be like a 2nd-3rd round pick maybe upgrade to 1st.

Im not telling you what planet, I feel like the townspeople are coming after me now with their pitchforks and torches.

45 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Sure, and id be grumpy as hell having Dolegala throwing to me too

That was a roster decision from the Hamilton Powers That Be about letting Big Kev.... errr... Taylor Powell go to free agency. They could have paid Powell to stay since Mitchell wasn't the highest paid qb in the CFL. So, they probably could have worked out a deal for the backup considering he left only to sign in Edmonton behind Fajardo who is 3 years younger than Mitchell. In fact, Mitchell had signed a roster friendly deal with the Ti Cats which was a steal of a deal after the season he had last year. I feel sorry for the fans in Hamilton but not the people in football ops

Edited by SpeedFlex27

You're pretty hung up on a guy who hasn't accomplished much of anything in the CFL.

Fact is the tican'ts went and signed Ford as a backup.... That they don't seem to embrace that is the issue here.

10 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Taylor Powell has thrown 60 passes in the last 2 1/4 seasons.

He didn’t face plant in 2023 as a rookie but he hasn’t got a lot of reps. Wouldn’t remotely call him proven.

Like I said. Maybe Dru and TP cuz yeah, not much playing time for Powell

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

On what planet?

Realistic return would be like a 2nd-3rd round pick maybe upgrade to 1st.

Dru just got more. Zach would get that also easily because coaches love veteran QBs. All of us here can say Zach is washed but washed Zach is better than what Hamilton currently has. I don’t think they would trade Zach, bombers wouldn’t do him dirty in his likely final season. But Elgersma would be an interesting conversation.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Filthy rich..or stinky stanky rich..there's 2 tiers haha

I would take ethier one. 😉

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lawler is a good team mate when things are going well for Kenny lawler. When it’s not, I’m not sure he is.

That was my point.

I honestly think bombers might have got tired of Lawlers **** or baggage. Especially after his DUI incident. I mean, at some point you just gotta prob let a guy go. for his sake even. Now he’s getting paid to catch balls from dole and ford. That’s prob ok with Kenny cuz $$$ is what drives him. It’s all good. No hard feelings there. Careers are short. I get it.

Edited by Goalie

8 hours ago, Mike said:

I think we're absolutely dreaming if we think Hamilton is offering up Kiondre Smith for Zach Collaros. Nevermind a plus.

12 games of a washed up starting QB plus playoffs for one of the top Canadian receivers in the league, in his prime?

You would be surprised, a never has been. Drew Willy, who was injured, shell shocked from the beating he took in Winnipeg got a first round pick, third round pick, and an all star DB (TJ Heath) never under estimate what a gm will do to salvage a season. Zach at least gives Hamilton a chance, they are doing absolutely nothing with what they have right now.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.