Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Bombers Season

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Views 85.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • For shits and giggles and the reminiscing of Nasty Nate in the other thread, I used MBB posting history and ChatGPT to get a Nate style commentary on the season to date. Enjoy folks, all meant for som

  • sweep the leg
    sweep the leg

    some thoughts, with the usual caveats about limited reps, one day, etc Penner from the Rifles fits in during skelly, rec drills, etc. the problem today was they did a tonne of sts blocking drills and

  • Atomic
    Atomic

    Collaros back at practice today. Dru Brown still taking first team reps.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

If I'm trading any qb it's collaros.... he's near the end of the road and isn't a long term option. Better to run with Brown and see what Elgersma develops into.

Imagine us just having kept Brown a couple years ago. Lame.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Imagine us just having kept Brown a couple years ago. Lame.

Yeah I was of the opinion that when Brown was an upcoming FA we should have traded collaros to Ottawa and kept Brown and let he and Streveler run the show. Collaros is a diminishing asset who hasn't been worth the price tag for years.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I was of the opinion that when Brown was an upcoming FA we should have traded collaros to Ottawa and kept Brown and let he and Streveler run the show. Collaros is a diminishing asset who hasn't been worth the price tag for years.

I still think we win another grey cup or two if we do this.

Would love to see us trade Collaros to Hamilton.

54 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I still think we win another grey cup or two if we do this.

Would love to see us trade Collaros to Hamilton.

What would you want back from Hamilton?

I can't imagine that Collaros has any trade value.

48 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I can't imagine that Collaros has any trade value.

qbs in the cfl, never seem to run out of time. How much he has? who knows.

5 hours ago, bigg jay said:

You're leaving out the part where we also got a 2nd round pick (2027) as part of the trade. It was our pick originally but we sent it to Ottawa in order to move up & take Daniels.

Crazy to think we arguably had the worst QB room in the league, heading into the season.

All nine 2026 CFL quarterback rooms: ranked - 3DownNation

No doubt, anything can happen in the CFL.

57 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I can't imagine that Collaros has any trade value.

He 100% does, especially now. How much is the real question.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I can't imagine that Collaros has any trade value.

Injury prone QB with a huge contract... right now I can't imagine. Later in the year with a desperate team losing their starting QB in the play off mix... he will have value.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I can't imagine that Collaros has any trade value.

Right now to Hamilton....he has great trade value.

Did anyone think Collaros had any trade value in 2019? I certainly didn't but it worked out pretty well for us.

37 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Did anyone think Collaros had any trade value in 2019? I certainly didn't but it worked out pretty well for us.

Does anyone think it's still 2019 Collaros?

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Does anyone think it's still 2019 Collaros?

Talen wise no, but health wise he's probably in a better position.

He doesn't need to be 2019 ZC, given how fairly mediocre the QB situation is across the league. I'd take him over Ford or Dolega in a heartbeat.

37 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Talen wise no, but health wise he's probably in a better position.

He doesn't need to be 2019 ZC, given how fairly mediocre the QB situation is across the league. I'd take him over Ford or Dolega in a heartbeat.

Ford or Dolegala may still have some upside. Collaros not so much. Also, you're forgetting the stupid contract that the other team would have to take on.

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Ford or Dolegala may still have some upside. Collaros not so much. Also, you're forgetting the stupid contract that the other team would have to take on.

Not forgetting that at all. A good chunk of ZC's contract has already been paid (he got 200k in bonuses in January alone) so his remaining contract isn't that bad (base salary is 300k). Plus with BLM out long term, his pay won't go against the cap so now Hamilton will have room.

  • Author

I really feel like people didn't watch Zach the first three games of this year....

I would think that Collaros' injury may well be providential. Should he sit out Friday and the Brown/Elgersma/Perkins combo work well, I can see Walters being tempted to listen to offers from Ottawa, Montreal and/or Hamilton. The fly in this ointment is O'Shea. Given O'Shea's track record, i can see him getting very obstinate about opposing such a trade.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really feel like people didn't watch Zach the first three games of this year....

Well we have watched him the last 3 years... and at his age and style of play he ain't magically gonna get better.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well we have watched him the last 3 years... and at his age and style of play he ain't magically gonna get better.

He was very very good to start this season... With a proper OL, some receivers to throw to, and a RB like Brady, Zach can still be one of the best QBs in the league.

I'm not saying we shouldn't trade him if someone offers us a crazy deal, but it's a weird take from some people that he's bad, when he's played so well to start the year.

Edited by Noeller

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really feel like people didn't watch Zach the first three games of this year....

right? he’s played the best we’ve seen in a long ass time. That plus his pedigree is more than enough for a team needing a qb to gamble on.

I mean the options are tre ford, dig up masoli whose been toast for a very long time or it only gets worse.

We’ve also eaten up a decent chunk of zachs salary already so it’s much easier to trade for.

Our roster isn’t built around youth or gradual improvement, if it’s a trade we need to add immediate active roster value.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He was very very good to start this season... With a proper OL, some receivers to throw to, and a RB like Brady, Zach can still be one of the best QBs in the league.

So in a perfect scenario?

If you have all of that and aren't thriving as a QB, you may need to look for another line of work.

We also don't have all of those things, at the moment. Our receiver depth isn't great and bringing Stan back for one more year has become an issue.

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really feel like people didn't watch Zach the first three games of this year....

I don’t want to trade ZC either. I’m greedy I want both of them.

IMHO being the armchair QB that I am MOS and TC need to utilize a 2qb system to utilize both their skills to give the D different looks to keep them off balance.

I’ll add, what’s the harm in trying?

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.