Bombers airlift begins

Mike

Blame the player or the team for not having an in depth conversation before you bring players in?

I don't think it is that simple.  It's probably not easy to get players up here in the first place so it may very well involve a little bit of "Let's just get them up here then work on the details after they've arrived."

Kinda like "If I've already taken my pants off, she will be less likely to say no."

Looks like it might have been Randle's choice to leave.

Bradley Randle #38RB ‏@VIKINGS_Rebel 25m

GOD & Family decision our choice. Doing what's best for My family. Always have faith.

Bad sign that people get a whiff of this poo show and bolt. This season cannot end fast enough.

not too swift on the uptake? he apparently has am NFL sniff and didnt want to commit to a 1 + 1 deal..

Oh sorry I missed that. Other then it being mentioned in this thread. Which is of course the same as official confirmation.

no but i would believe this could constitute offical enough eh?

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 18m

Tim Burke confirms #Bombers let running back Bradley Randle go because he still has NFL opportunities and didn't want to lock up a contract.

sorry if it contradicts your "bombers are such a mess!" bashfest..

GOD & Family decision our choice. Doing what's best for My family. Always have faith.

Bad sign that people get a whiff of this poo show and bolt. This season cannot end fast enough.

not too swift on the uptake? he apparently has am NFL sniff and didnt want to commit to a 1 + 1 deal..

Oh sorry I missed that. Other then it being mentioned in this thread. Which is of course the same as official confirmation.

Tim Burke confirms #Bombers let running back Bradley Randle go because he still has NFL opportunities and didn't want to lock up a contract.

The fact that this has already happened twice seems a bit...off, though.

To me it feels like Walters is bringing up guys who still have NFL shots, who have said they still want to take their shots.

I think he is hoping to convince them that the CFL is a good choice right now while they are up here.

Both guys who left have real legitimate shots to make NFL squads if a team has injuries (Randall looked REAL GOOD in that Vikings pre-game, I wouldn't be shocked to see him picked up if someone start to have RB depth issues)... Same thing with Rouse, someone starts to have CB injuries, needs additional depth and he is suddenly making NFL game check pay.

Seriously.  Why do we bring a guy in like McKnight, sit him for weeks, and then release him without any playing time?

How hard is it to get a kicker up to snuff to kick in game?  Really disappointed he didn't at least get a look.

isn't it obvious? He didn't earn playing time in practise. 

possibly but look at it this way... they now know us, are familiar with us.and if they don't land NFL gigs, we are probably their first choice as a) we showed interest and B) we were willing to say "hey, no hard feelings we understand.."

I think it's a good concept, if they are good enough to get some NFL interest simply by showing up here... must be worth something skill wise... even if it means a bunch of activity on the roster that undoubtedly will cause panic amongst the quick to judge crowd. (present company excluded of course)

Seriously.  Why do we bring a guy in like McKnight, sit him for weeks, and then release him without any playing time?

How hard is it to get a kicker up to snuff to kick in game?  Really disappointed he didn't at least get a look.

McKnight is horrible thats why. I personally wish we still had Palardy and not Sandra. 

On another note, whats wrong with some of these Americans and giving their kids names like Jheranie. Seriously, is Jheranie even a real name?

Hey speaking of NFL shots, I still haven't heard anything about Aaron Rouse signing on in the "the league."  Almost makes you wonder if somebody was being disingenuous when he left town. 

If you read his tweets, it looks like he was trying to get Washington interested.  But he may be here next year:

Aaron Rouse@A757R20 Sep

6"4 223 lb SAFETY 4.4Sec 40 Solid Tackler, Ball Hawk, Leader, Great Communicator, Awesome Teammate- WINNER @Redskins

Darrin Bauming@DarrinBauming20 Sep

Winnipeg? RT @A757R: 6"4 223 lb SAFETY 4.4Sec 40 Solid Tackler, Ball Hawk, Leader, Great Communicator, Awesome Teammate- WINNER @Redskins

Aaron Rouse@A757R20 Sep

@DarrinBauming next year is possible

Well there ya go.  His NFL interest was he tweeted at some team.  In related news Kate Upton is very interested in me.  I'll be leaving the wife now but may return next year if it doesn't work out with Kate.

I wonder if the NFL interest in Randle is as white hot as this?   

Reading up on Boyd remember him from Hardknocks with the Bengals. Got into camp late showed really good in practice but they had other guys that they wanted to keep around. Did not get much of look but had really good speed and pretty good hands.

Really wondering what the strategy is with our kicking team...  I guess we just wait for someone to beat out Sandro and Renaud next year?  

I was wondering the same thing.

It's really taxing not to wonder how the recent kickers we've brought in, including those at training camp, cannot be a better alternative.

Craig? Can you get on here and help us with that?

Well there ya go. His NFL interest was he tweeted at some team. In related news Kate Upton is very interested in me. I'll be leaving the wife now but may return next year if it doesn't work out with Kate.

I wonder if the NFL interest in Randle is as white hot as this?

spin it how ya want it bro, you were wrong AND called out on it, deal with it..

Well, if you want real confirmation that the organization is a mess...

Eric Norwood respects the men he has to control Friday night - quarterback Zach Collaros and tailback Chad Kackert - "but just to a certain extent."

The respect, that is, not the control. He wants to maximize the latter.

The first-year Ticats defensive end didn't join the team until July 2, four days after the Ticats coughed up the season opener in Toronto when they had the game completely in their grasp.

Since he got into action in Game 2, Norwood has been one of the few constants on the revolving-door defence. He is tied for third on the team in tackles and is the only defensive lineman in the top nine.

"Unbelievable effort guy, great against the run, very assignment sound, good football player, " Kent Austin said, ticking off his assets check list.

Norwood was on Winnipeg's negotiation list last year, but was removed when he showed no interest in Manitoba: not because of the weather but because of the Blue Bombers' organizational missteps, which he learned of from former teammates who'd played there.

And, when Ticat director of football administration Shawn Burke twittered him in early July, Norwood decided to forgo another frustrating round of NFL camps and cuts. After setting the all-time sacks record at South Carolina, where he played some linebacker as well as defensive end, Norwood played two years for the Carolina Panthers before he suffered an MCL injury and was cut last summer. He played a year in the UFL, and played a bit in the Arena Football League earlier this season while also working out for several NFL teams.

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2013/10/ticats-to-play-post-season-game-in-guelph-should-they-host-one-that-is.html