Quarterback

pigseye

Hall has shown enough to get more starts. With no one behind him it was a silly decision to pull him.

So, Burke said he had no intentions of putting Hall back in after he was pulled. He said he wanted to see if Boltus could pull himself out of a hole. Our Dbag head coach gave up. He was treating the game like it was exhibition. Didn't matter fans came to  see the team (hopefully) win or paid top dollar for tickets. Disrespected the entire Bomber Nation. Get Burke out NOW!!! He is not a winner. He's a quitter. Boltus wasn't ready as everyone could see yet he kept him in there as things got worse. The decision to bench Hall for Boltus ranks right up there with Burke leaving his vets at home going to Hamilton in June & losing 52-0 to really set up success for the season. Bah! Spit!!

Yeah I don't think there's a person out there who would say it was absolutely wrong to pull Hall, but leaving Boltus in when he was obviously not ready to be in there... yikes that's just going to be bad for everything. Can we honestly trust Boltus to go in again if we need him? All this dicking around Burke is doing at the position is reminiscent of Mike Kelly. Keep churning through new guys in hopes someone finds some magic. Hall and Goltz have been here the entire year (Goltz for a few years now) they should be the only two qbs they even think of playing at this point because they're the only ones who have a realistic chance of not totally embarassing themselves. 

Yeah I don't think there's a person out there who would say it was absolutely wrong to pull Hall, but leaving Boltus in when he was obviously not ready to be in there... yikes that's just going to be bad for everything. Can we honestly trust Boltus to go in again if we need him? All this dicking around Burke is doing at the position is reminiscent of Mike Kelly. Keep churning through new guys in hopes someone finds some magic. Hall and Goltz have been here the entire year (Goltz for a few years now) they should be the only two qbs they even think of playing at this point because they're the only ones who have a realistic chance of not totally embarassing themselves. 

Okay, I'll take the bait. I think it was absolutely wrong. And the reason is the timing. I'd have been more ok with pulling him after his second interception. But Hall had just thrown for a touchdown. Granted he had a number of very poor throws, but he seemed to be pulling it together. Why pull him at the half? The guy had partially redeemed himself. Let him play the third quarter. The game was probably not winnable at that point, (a fact that was only partly his fault) but he was moving the team, and might have made it respectable. And if he stinks it up, then try Boltus. They'd seen Boltus for weeks in practise. They should have had some idea of what they had. Unless his performance in the second half was a complete anomaly, he isn't ready to play. They should have known that, and stuck with Hall a little longer. It wasn't a preseason game. They'll be mathematically eliminated soon enough from the playoffs, and then they can play whoever they want at QB.

Yes timing was bad. He's the first QB in how long that shows an ability to actually move the ball. All QB's throw int's. It happens.

I assumed they'd go into the half and Burke and Marcel would sit Hall down and calm him down and come back with him. It just made little sense to me to throw in the towel that soon.

This team isn't even loveable when they lose. What I was surprised at was Bob irving just brushed off Burke pulling Hall & playing Boltus the entire second half like it was no big deal. Even Doug Brown barely mentioned it. Yet the way Boltus played was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. in any league And on CJOB it barely rated a mention. No way they were going to ask the head coach tough questions.  All Bob ever does in his post game questioning is  talk in hushed tones,  a sorrowful voice &  going "Poor Tim Burke".

This team isn't even loveable when they lose. What I was surprised at was Bob irving just brushed off Burke pulling Hall & playing Boltus the entire second half like it was no big deal. Even Doug Brown barely mentioned it. Yet the way Boltus played was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. in any league.

I dunno, Casey Bramlet brutally crapped the bed once upon a time...

Wade needs someone who can finish this mess of a season off for him because what they currently have is zippo experience.

You do realize any new QB needs AT LEAST 2-3 weeks MINIMUM to learn the system to even step on the field right? QB's on teams have seen and can study playbooks prior to training camp, anybody new will not have that luxury, and you want to throw said person into the line up as a starter...

Unreal. Again, this fan base...

Wade needs someone who can finish this mess of a season off for him because what they currently have is zippo experience.

You do realize any new QB needs AT LEAST 2-3 weeks MINIMUM to learn the system to even step on the field right? QB's on teams have seen and can study playbooks prior to training camp, anybody new will not have that luxury, and you want to throw said person into the line up as a starter...

Is frustrated, fed up & tired of the excuses. We demand more. We should get more. As usual we get nothing.

I get the frustration, I am too. But this isn't Madden. You don't sign a quarterback with no familiarity with your systems at this stage of the season and expect him to finish the year as your passer. It just doesn't work that way.

Is frustrated, fed up & tired of the excuses. We demand more. We should get more. As usual we get nothing.

I get the frustration, I am too. But this isn't Madden. You don't sign a quarterback with no familiarity with your systems at this stage of the season and expect him to finish the year as your passer. It just doesn't work that way.

Agreed. With 5 games left bringing in a new qb now would be a waste of time.

Even if it was Tate?

Tate's not going anywhere. Not until after the draft. Even then he may stay.

Tate's been in for short yardage but he hasn't even attempted a pass yet. They said he was throwing a little during practice during the broadcast iirc.  Any idea how long before he might actually throw in a game.

Once more for the reading impaired.

This is not about bringing in a starter, it's about bringing in a CFL experienced QB to be backup before they are all gobbled up next year when everyone is looking for bodies.

Start now so that come training camp next season we have at least 2 guys battling for the #2 backup job behind our new free agent starter.

This is not about bringing in a starter, it's about bringing in a CFL experienced QB to be backup before they are all gobbled up next year when everyone is looking for bodies.

Start now so that come training camp next season we have at least 2 guys battling for the #2 backup job behind our new free agent starter.

But that would be possibly pointless if they end up hiring a new Coach and GM.  Because if it's not someone they want to work with, even if we got Collaros, it's not going to matter.

But that would be possibly pointless if they end up hiring a new Coach and GM.  Because if it's not someone they want to work with, even if we got Collaros, it's not going to matter.

You can never have too much of a good thing, and I would hope and the new GM/HC does bring a boat load of 'his guys' with him when he arrives.

In my opinion this is the list of most likely QB to be the starter next year. 1 is most likely.

1. Zack Collaros

2. Kevin Glenn

3. Ricky Ray

4. Drew Tate

4. Henry Burris

5. Drew Willy

6. My dream QB Brock Jensen NDSU

I have Ray so high because its going to come down to who the Argo's want to keep good chance with his salary that Ray might be the guy on the outside.

Thoughts or give your own list

In my opinion this is the list of most likely QB to be the starter next year. 1 is most likely.

1. Zack Collaros

2. Kevin Glenn

3. Ricky Ray

4. Drew Tate

4. Henry Burris

5. Drew Willy

6. My dream QB Brock Jensen NDSU

I have Ray so high because its going to come down to who the Argo's want to keep good chance with his salary that Ray might be the guy on the outside.

Thoughts or give your own list

Just a general thought  .. unless the organization is willing to invest in positional coaches on the offensive side of the ball (a dedicated QB coach) with the intent of developing that position, I'd lean toward a veteran QB .. if for no other reason than without adequate support .. the ability for a young guy to flourish here is non-existant .. I feel like we'd simply be running yet another young QB out of town.   Guys like Glenn, Burris and Ray (who I don't believe will be available) don't need a whole lot of hand holding .. and might be best prepared to step in here and realize some success.

Collaros.  Because I've got a serious mancrush on him being our next QB.

And because I think that if Walters has the green light to acquire a QB, that he goes after the best available.  Collaros is not only young... he's capable, appears to have leadership qualities, and has that "it factor" that good QB's have.  

I'd love Ricky Ray; but I just think that there's no way the Argos let a 3-4 year minimum elite QB like Ray go.  No matter how highly they value Collaros.  When you have 3-4 years more of elite QB play ahead of you, you don't gamble that you may have 10+ years of future eliteness in the bullpen.  Right, Tillman?

Toronto may have a tough decision to make this off season depending on how deep they go in the playoffs, and how much Collaros is a part of that.  The guy is 5-1 as a starter. It might be a risk that they are willing to take.  I honestly think it will not be as easy a decision as some are thinking it will be.