Quarterback

pigseye

LOL! Dave will never play again. I know it is wishful thinking.... Just so you know. I know Dave quite well as he coached my son at his qb schools he holds in Calgary a few years back. We still talk occasionally & go for coffee every so often. I leave the guy alone during the season as he is very busy so usually at Xmas time we get together. He was really beat up when he retired. He has concusssion issues but not a lot of people know that he had a torn rotator cuff that needed surgery. When he retired he could  no longer throw the football. He had his shoulder surgically repaired a couple of years ago. He told me that he was having a lot of problems just chucking the football 10-15  yards before the surgery & it was hampering his ability to coach qbs at the time. The game  & all of the pounding sure took a toll on Dave over the years. He doesn't miss playing & is very content coaching. .

I'm with ISO on Higgins.  He's top priority.

And you gotta spend money to make money.  If you cheap out and they don't produce, you'll lose more fanbase.  This town needs someone that will razzle dazzle the Bombers into a winning team.  We've already taken chances and it hasn't worked.  We need a few years of stability before trying that out again.

Well who would Higgins attract as far as current QB's go? The guy's been out of the GM/coaching loop for too long now. I'd rather go with someone currently with an organization and hope that he can bring at least one QB with him.

I'm with ISO on Higgins.  He's top priority.

And you gotta spend money to make money.  If you cheap out and they don't produce, you'll lose more fanbase.  This town needs someone that will razzle dazzle the Bombers into a winning team.  We've already taken chances and it hasn't worked.  We need a few years of stability before trying that out again.

Well who would Higgins attract as far as current QB's go? The guy's been out of the GM/coaching loop for too long now. I'd rather go with someone currently with an organization and hope that he can bring at least one QB with him.

Because that worked out great when we got Kelly/LeFors and MB/Boltus right .... ? Completely bassakwards.

Hire the best GM available. Give him an attractive budget to work with. Hire a HC with proven HC experience. Let them hire their staff/do their jobs without everybody else in the organization stepping on their toes/meddling.

Get a franchise QB or three. Go through growing pains. Work through it. Get better. Fans come back. Just win baby. Plan parade route. Start dynasty.

Easy peasy.    

It's really simple, hire the right guy at GM and everything will fall into place cause the right choice at GM leads to the right choice at HC which leads to the right choices at coordinator and so on. Get the right man at the top and it'll all work out. 

They thought they had the right guy at the top last time....how did that work out?

It's really simple, hire the right guy at GM and everything will fall into place cause the right choice at GM leads to the right choice at HC which leads to the right choices at coordinator and so on. Get the right man at the top and it'll all work out. 

Yep. Just don't **** up the first hire, then stay the hell out of his way.

They thought they had the right guy at the top last time....how did that work out?

So what do you suggest? Stop trying to hire the right guy?

yeah not well so get it right this time. 

swing_a_miss_cards-r00b03c37861b40989b13

So what do you suggest? Stop trying to hire the right guy?

no of course not...everyone is just sounding like it is simple...they could swing and miss again this time if they are not very diligent!

So, blitzmore give us your choice.

I don't have a choice, because if I was the CEO I would be doing extensive background checks and profiles right now, and then start the interview process when the season is over. Too easy to say oh this guy would be great or that guy would be great...and we know that how? Oh yeah, they were pretty good before about 5 years ago. Things change, management setup is different on different teams, contacts someone once had might not be contacts anymore. Their philosophy might be different that what is a comfortable fit.

Maybe they want to stay in South Carolina or whatever  ;) and only be here a few days a month.

One good thing...Miller owns his own personnel search agency...so that should help...fingers and toes crossed