GDT -- Game Day: Does Anyone Still Care?

Noeller

...I mean, I do....but does anyone else? I'm not rose-coloured enough to think about playoffs, but I'm not ready to start thinking about next-season-auditions yet, either. 

So, I dunno about y'all, but these days I'm watching for the sake of watching a good football game. It's always fun to watch the team win, regardless of what it means in the big picture. 

Here's hoping for something to cheer about.....

At the very least, I am extremely excited to bbq a steak on the back deck, tip a couple ryes and watch a (hopefully) good 'ball game tonight. Been awhile since I've had a Friday night off, so this will be good, come hell or high water...

I will be going to the game tonight and cheering on the team as always, but it is hard to get excited about it.  I've always loved this time of year, when the weather gets a little colder and there is a push to the playoffs.  Shows who really wants it, who can fight through it all.  But this team is a dead man walking, so there is none of that.

With the NHL season starting up next week, the Bombers will be all but forgotten except for the die hards.

Lets hope for at least a competitive game like last week.  Hate sitting through the second half when you know there is no chance.

I had a tough time convincing someone to come to the game with me after my wife opted to sit this one out. Most of my 'casual fan' buddies have already sworn not to attend another Bomber game til sanity is restored. Interest in the Bombers may be at an all time low... people don't even jingle their keys at the people bailing at the end of the 3rd quarter... but I'll be there, as always.

It's football, always gonna watch it, always going to care if they win or lose or how well they play. 

I'm sure I've said as much while watching college teams I know nothing about play. I mean... it's football, what more do you want? Of course, it's a lot more fun to watch your team win than lose.

I had a tough time convincing someone to come to the game with me after my wife opted to sit this one out. Most of my 'casual fan' buddies have already sworn not to attend another Bomber game til sanity is restored. Interest in the Bombers may be at an all time low... people don't even jingle their keys at the people bailing at the end of the 3rd quarter... but I'll be there, as always.

There has been no key jungling as the last two home games have been a win and OT.  But I get your point.

You mean, "We're just 4 points behind Montreal" talk hasn't hit a fever pitch with the fans? I'll watch because I'm a Bomber fan... But I want to see if Max Hall improves. If Hall struggles, I want to see what Boltus can do. Want to see our defense get after DeMarco. The season is a write off but there are still stories within the game I'm interested in.

This was the first season that I didn't really care if I missed games... now that Mack is gone, I care a bit more because at least there is a glimmer of hope for next year.

Really waiting to see if Walters can put anything together before trade deadline - doubt it though, everyone else is really in the hunt.

I will watch out of habit if nothing else. I have no hope of the Bombers making the playoffs, or even looking competitive for remaining dirty half-dozen games. I have a faint hope that Burke will show some competence and start some of the new guys to see if they can help at all. Maybe Hall or even Boltus will emerge as a bona fide backup.

Can someone create a separate GIF thread?

That's not a GIF, that's a picture of the craziness going on in Winnipeg and/or all of us running away from the GDT.

GEEZ...can't you tell the difference?

I'm thinking it's a photoshop......

What the hell are you talking about!?!?!?  I took that picture myself!!  It's totally authentic.

these final games for the Bombers ought to be a ruthless evaluation of personnel. their talent, their upside, if they're in decline, if they are good value for their contract, if they hustle from whistle to whistle, if they are "team" guys or "me" guys...

one thing that puts a wrench in the works is that Burke is almost assuredly not going to be the HC moving forward, so some players just won't give him their level best (or won't have their ability  properly showcased in a poor system).

it sucks when your team is in a place where the outcome of a particular game means less than looking ahead to next season's roster (trust me, i've been there a few times) but i view this interregnum period with Miller at the helm as a big positive for the Bombers and the potential is there for a 1 year turnaround.. 

it sucks when your team is in a place where the outcome of a particular game means less than looking ahead to next season's roster (trust me, i've been there a few times) but i view this interregnum period with Miller at the helm as a big positive for the Bombers and the potential is there for a 1 year turnaround.. 

Yeah bluto this season for the WBB reminds me a lot of the Andrus year the Argos had to endure.  Same kind of situation, no QB, a coach who just looked lost all year, only hope is for next year when the team can clear the decks, bring in some better coaching talent and rebuild.

Yes, I still care.  I am a realist and there isn't much hope for this season beyond making the Miracle on Ice look like the Broncos beating the Jaguars.  I don't care that the Bombers haven't won a championship in 2 decades, they are my team in the CFL and I will cheer them on until I take my last breath.

...I mean, I do....but does anyone else? I'm not rose-coloured enough to think about playoffs, but I'm not ready to start thinking about next-season-auditions yet, either. 

So, I dunno about y'all, but these days I'm watching for the sake of watching a good football game. It's always fun to watch the team win, regardless of what it means in the big picture. 

Here's hoping for something to cheer about.....

Yes, and what tells me that I'm being honest with myself is that I'm already looking forward to next year and excited about how the team will be structured. This year, I'll be watching to see what current players play like they want to remain a Bomber. If their play and attitude demonsrates otherwise, I hope they're (regardless of who they are) provided with a bus voucher . . .