GDT -- Game Day: Does Anyone Still Care?

Noeller

I am concerned that Burke is going to run off a string of wins, and get consideration for coming back next season.

Excited that this will be a dramatically different team this season, can't wait to see what Walters/NewGM have up their sleeves to right the ship here.

Short of winning out, there's not many people out there that will suggest he gets any consideration next season.  Not after this.

...I mean, I do....but does anyone else? I'm not rose-coloured enough to think about playoffs, but I'm not ready to start thinking about next-season-auditions yet, either. 

So, I dunno about y'all, but these days I'm watching for the sake of watching a good football game. It's always fun to watch the team win, regardless of what it means in the big picture. 

Here's hoping for something to cheer about.....

For me it's really hard not to.  I'll cheer the same way and be as passionate as possible sitting in the stands whether we're 12-0 or 0-12.  I'd take a bullet for this team. 

I am concerned that Burke is going to run off a string of wins, and get consideration for coming back next season.

Excited that this will be a dramatically different team this season, can't wait to see what Walters/NewGM have up their sleeves to right the ship here.

Short of winning out, there's not many people out there that will suggest he gets any consideration next season.  Not after this.

He better not. If they brought him back it would get ugly.

these final games for the Bombers ought to be a ruthless evaluation of personnel. their talent, their upside, if they're in decline, if they are good value for their contract, if they hustle from whistle to whistle, if they are "team" guys or "me" guys...

one thing that puts a wrench in the works is that Burke is almost assuredly not going to be the HC moving forward, so some players just won't give him their level best (or won't have their ability  properly showcased in a poor system).

it sucks when your team is in a place where the outcome of a particular game means less than looking ahead to next season's roster (trust me, i've been there a few times) but i view this interregnum period with Miller at the helm as a big positive for the Bombers and the potential is there for a 1 year turnaround.. 

You don't have to tell Bomber fans what it's like, we know all too well what it's like sadly. We've put up with a hell of a lot of **** in the last 2 decades. 

it sucks when your team is in a place where the outcome of a particular game means less than looking ahead to next season's roster (trust me, i've been there a few times) but i view this interregnum period with Miller at the helm as a big positive for the Bombers and the potential is there for a 1 year turnaround.. 

Yeah bluto this season for the WBB reminds me a lot of the Andrus year the Argos had to endure.  Same kind of situation, no QB, a coach who just looked lost all year, only hope is for next year when the team can clear the decks, bring in some better coaching talent and rebuild.

the comparison had occurred to me as well. we had The Don come in and fire everybody you guys have Miller.

IF we ever get good again I just hope Swaggerville never comes back. Why are we suffering as a fanbase? Karma.

Swaggerville was the best thing that ever happened to this team, it was the over reaction by certain people that was the bigger problem. I want a team that KNOWS it's better than everyone else, not the sad sack bunch of losers we're trotting out there now who only know that they're going to lose and the only question is whether they keep it close or whether they are getting spanked. 

Boy... even in the extremely unlikely event Burke does win out... you would think that a new guy from the outside like Miller and whomever the GM is would see through it to realize he's not an HC fit despite ANY kind of late success. 

IF we ever get good again I just hope Swaggerville never comes back. Why are we suffering as a fanbase? Karma.

Swaggerville was the best thing that ever happened to this team, it was the over reaction by certain people that was the bigger problem. I want a team that KNOWS it's better than everyone else, not the sad sack bunch of losers we're trotting out there now who only know that they're going to lose and the only question is whether they keep it close or whether they are getting spanked. 

The only thing we were was an illusion when we went 7-1 in 2011. The rest of the time before & after just a bunch of losers. A little carried away? I think so.

The only thing in the last decade that really got the fan base to rally around the team, was Swaggerville. Best thing to happen to the franchise in God only knows how long....

I'd rather have a quietly arrogant fanbase that knows our team is good than chest beaters telling the world how great we are. How long did that last? It was a wonderful 8 weeks while it lasted. Like the Eskimos were years ago when they were winning everything. How the Winnipeg fanbase was years ago before we went into our 2 decade swoon. Rather be closer to the Eskimos back than to the Rider fanbase today because they are just like Swaggerville.

Swaggerville IMHO was both good and bad.

It brought a lot of attention to the team, so good.

The new attention to the team resulted in a lot of players getting swollen heads that the show was all about them, so bad in that respect.

We win or lose as a team, so the team should get the attention.... not just a select group of players trying to play themselves up in the media.