2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Cole at SAM is interesting.

Who took the DE spot opposite Jefferson? Garbutt? Habba? Who started at DT, Jake or Lawson?

Here's what I noted on day 1:

Bryant-Dobson-Kolankowski-Eli/Wallace(for Neufeld)-Lofton
Lawler-Schoen-Murphy(for Demski)-Alston-Wolitarsky
Augustine (for Oliveira)
Collaros

Jefferson-Thomas-Fox-Haba
Wilson-Bighill
Parker-Nichols-Nick Hallett (for BA)-Holm-Ford-Kramdi

Tyrique McGhee appears right in the mix as well. And it felt like a lot of Lawson with Thomas in the early portion.

21 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

Augustine (for Oliveira)
Collaros

Wilson-Bighill

Tyrique McGhee appears right in the mix as well. And it felt like a lot of Lawson with Thomas in the early portion.

Doing the lords work out there, DT.

Much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Man I hope Hamilton is out to lunch with his talk of an all Canadian interior on the D line.

cant see that happening....as we would be weak as hell....I would assume Lawson will be the main guy...or better be.....that posting of Thomas yesterday with the assumed for now #1's is enough to make a fan vomit...and hints of the same ol same ol

Depending where we decide to use the Canadian on defence, and I hope we only declare 1 spot...we may not evebn have to have a National actually starting on the dline....but a solid rotation of Lawson in the middle would be a very good interior

Edited by Booch

9 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Augustine (for Oliveira)
Collaros

Wilson-Bighill

Thanks for the break down.

Is BA hurt still/again? 

42 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Doesn’t even make sense. We have 9 potential Canadian starters already.

DT had 10 Canadian starter on the day 1 TC starting line up... I think we can safely assume (or desperately hope) that this will not be the game 1 starting line up... I wouldn't mind if we go 8 with Lawson and Ford potentially starting on D 

41 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Doesn’t even make sense. We have 9 potential Canadian starters already.

I think (hope?) that's just Hamilton talking out of his ass (which is normally reserved for a couple other local reporters).  Thomas showed last year that he has slowed down a lot and Schmekel showed absolutely nothing.

I can't see anyway they are going to use those guys in rotation with Lawson for two spots when they are barely good enough to back him up for one spot.  

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They'll use basically everyone though.  Last few years there's only been a couple guys who get almost no reps aside from extra OL.  They just have to declare where the 7 starters are, offense or defense.  They'll be at 5 on O and 2 on D almost certainly with tons of flexibility.

6 on Offence...only 1 required for defence....and hopefully we go that route

51 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I think (hope?) that's just Hamilton talking out of his ass (which is normally reserved for a couple other local reporters).  Thomas showed last year that he has slowed down a lot and Schmekel showed absolutely nothing.

I can't see anyway they are going to use those guys in rotation with Lawson for two spots when they are barely good enough to back him up for one spot.  

We don't have the talent or the depth to go with an all NAT interior. There is zero chance of that happening. Maybe the occasional snap here or there to get some guys breathers but right now all we have is rotational NATs. Fatboi can't start he doesn't have the wind, Lawson maybe, but right now those are about the only guys we got capable of taking more than a few reps a game without being a liability.

Edited by GCn20

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Seems like guys for the sake of continuity, which I like. But let’s see these new guys get some opportunities. Curious to see who can step up.

They’re going to have to take a job with the opportunity they get. 

Gotta be undeniable. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

DT had 10 Canadian starter on the day 1 TC starting line up... I think we can safely assume (or desperately hope) that this will not be the game 1 starting line up... I wouldn't mind if we go 8 with Lawson and Ford potentially starting on D 

I wouldn't look too much into the guys who "started" first day of TC. Between injuries and departures it's all about continuity. So they plug in the guys with the most experience while rookies learn. Up to the first pre season game we will see lots of guys cycled through and guys will get a chance to pick it up and play more. 

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We don't have the talent or the depth to go with an all NAT interior. There is zero chance of that happening. Maybe the occasional snap here or there to get some guys breathers but right now all we have is rotational NATs. Fatboi can't start he doesn't have the wind, Lawson maybe, but right now those are about the only guys we got capable of taking more than a few reps a game without being a liability.

Agreed....Lawson is starter and impact quality....but who backs him up if he goes down?...Thomas?...pffft...no...if he is on the roster it's only to give Lawson a piss break and a drink of gatorade...and until we see if Samson is legit and capable...we have nothing behind him...Korneslson and Schmeckle wont amount to anything other than bottom teir roster guys at best and thats not good enough...I doubt either would make a roster elsewhere...

If we declare 1 National as one of our Canadian starters on defence, then we can use 1 guy for snaps at either DT...SAM as a rotation piece (Ford/Kramdi) or have Kelly or Ford spell of BA to meet the ratio on any given play....and hey...maybe use the Nationalized American for reps 29 times too...wow theres a thought...We have BA..Biggie...Wilson...WJ...Nichols...many guys to throw that tag on....playing an extra Canadian is good sense/use if you have the horses to do it...and the back-ups...we dont and doing it because the Coach is a proud Canadian and is giving rewards for the position and really no other reason, at the expense of better talent, and an all around better defence is plain dumb...

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

6 on Offence...only 1 required for defence....and hopefully we go that route

Pretty thin though if you lose a receiver, running back or two in game if you declare 6.  Couple injuries means you have Augustine or Chris-Ike and Clericius/Murphy on the field every down.  I know we're high on the draft picks but they need to get their feet wet.  I can't see them going 6 and 1 purely for flexibility for sub packages on both sides of the ball.  Canadian OL depth isn't great either.  They are one injury away from dressing 3 Americans. 

They have the guys to play 2 Canadians on the field on D between the DL, Gauthier and DB's.  They have at least 5 Canadians who are role players on D plus Karamoko.  Would be nice to have a Canadian/Global edge guy though.  Then you have Hallett, and special teamers if somehow you end up with 4-5 injuries in game.  O just have way fewer backups.

See DI's being Castillo, one returner (receiver or RB), one rush end, one DB/LB type.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

DT reporting... Anthony Bennet still at TC in a hoody. Maybe that wasn't such a bad bet after all

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Pretty thin though if you lose a receiver, running back or two in game if you declare 6.  Couple injuries means you have Augustine or Chris-Ike/Clericius/Murphy on the field every down.  I know we're high on the draft picks but they need to get their feet wet.  I can't see them going 6 and 1 purely for flexibility for sub packages on both sides of the ball.  Canadian OL depth isn't great either.  They are one injury away from dressing 3 Americans. 

They have the guys to play 2 Canadians on the field on D between the DL, Gauthier and DB's.  They have at least 5 Canadians who are role players on D plus Karamoko.  Would be nice to have a Canadian/Global edge guy though.  Then you have Hallett, and special teamers if somehow you end up with 4-5 injuries in game.  O just have way fewer backups.

See DI's being Castillo, one returner (receiver or RB), one rush end, one DB/LB type.

Who you taking out of the O? Guard going American....?

just saw the db salaries on 3down, I had no idea we would be paying Kramdl top db money (1. Between him and Lawton feells like 125-139k . and Lawton 135k. Feels like we are overpaying . Especially if |Cole moves to that position.

Could have used that for de .