2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

Is it even a mistake? There’s like one guy drafted after him that is relevant in the league and it’s Barnes who got taken almost 20 picks later

It's hard to label any draft pick a mistake really. At the end of the day you are rolling the dice that they will realize their upside. Some do...some don't. Last year was a very weak draft so teams had to stretch that concept even further. As you have noted, we didn't bypass any blue chippers by all accounts.

Edited by GCn20

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I totally understand what they were going for. Hoping he could improve a bit and contribute situationally. Is what it is. 
 Excited as hell about this draft class though. 
 Just ike and manu not in camp. 

Let's hope all the draftees this year exceed expectations and/or end up here.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Feel like we will be in the market for more DEs right now. 6 ends vs 9 dts. 

Pretty happy with our off season ol work. Didn’t think Wallace would be in camp thought he’d get an nfl look. I expect a lot out of Vanterpool and Coleman. I would not be surprised if one is the starter to replace Hardrick. Keith is a good talent too, and while I’m not a fan of Lofton atleast he does bring experience and is very far from a default pick at rt. 

I wonder if we add another K now as well

There's lots of vet DE's sitting idle right now too.  Jamal Davis, Costigan.

Getting the right guy to go opposite Jefferson can be kind of tough.  They won't want a pure pass rusher but a guy who can be disciplined.  Jeffcoat was kind of a 1 of 1. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's lots of vet DE's sitting idle right now too.  Jamal Davis, Costigan.

Getting the right guy to go opposite Jefferson can be kind of tough.  They won't want a pure pass rusher but a guy who can be disciplined.  Jeffcoat was kind of a 1 of 1. 

Yep it’s a race for those vets to beat out guys who aren’t getting nfl camp invites and then nfl cuts. Those guys should be on team friendly deals now. 

100%. JJ was great at getting pressure with out giving up his run gap. If any thing a heavier tweener end who is a beast vs the run, maybe screen and in qb contain while being decent at bull rushing on pure pass plays would do well for us. Waggoner I think has a real inside track to start for us in that role while one or more of habba rivers etc rotate. 
 Willy Lawson and fox together could make up the loss of a pressure off the edge as well. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more of the lighter dts who can play outside (like sayles) brought in mid camp as well. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Let's hope all the draftees this year exceed expectations and/or end up here.

I think manu will be down south all this year and next nfl tc. But I mean one injury even fairly minor could end all that quickly. Ike has the size and athleticism to kick around down south if he shines but I think he will be back for the last pre season game. 
 Keven’s I think will shine in a limited role. It’s hard to imagine him not being successful as a role player here this year if he’s healthy. 
 Wallace I think will make a big push to be the 6th ol. Which will really put pressure on kola from Eli. 
Samson is real interesting, likely sits on the pr unless Jake gets hurt. But he could be a real good one. Think he’s got a good future behind Lawson. 
 Laroux is almost a shoe in to be a good LS in the future. Gotta love that value and consistency at ls. 

I don’t see much more than a lotto tickets chance for the rest of the guys other than gassama. He might not hold up long, but I think he can play in the cfl. He’s tough and shifty. Low key plan B for kr could be ford and gassama. 

If that all pans out it’s really strong value and all right where we need it. It’s sure looking like another mafia bumper crop draft. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think manu will be down south all this year and next nfl tc. But I mean one injury even fairly minor could end all that quickly. Ike has the size and athleticism to kick around down south if he shines but I think he will be back for the last pre season game. 
 Keven’s I think will shine in a limited role. It’s hard to imagine him not being successful as a role player here this year if he’s healthy. 
 Wallace I think will make a big push to be the 6th ol. Which will really put pressure on kola from Eli. 
Samson is real interesting, likely sits on the pr unless Jake gets hurt. But he could be a real good one. Think he’s got a good future behind Lawson. 
 Laroux is almost a shoe in to be a good LS in the future. Gotta love that value and consistency at ls. 

I don’t see much more than a lotto tickets chance for the rest of the guys other than gassama. He might not hold up long, but I think he can play in the cfl. He’s tough and shifty. Low key plan B for kr could be ford and gassama. 

If that all pans out it’s really strong value and all right where we need it. It’s sure looking like another mafia bumper crop draft. 

Having 4 picks in the 2nd round was helpful for sure.

42 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Having 4 picks in the 2nd round was helpful for sure.

For sure, the exact perfect move for the draft. Historically, Walter’s and the Mafia have done real well with value in the 2nd round. This might end up being our best 2nd round class. 

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Heard from a friend who has a buddy who is close with Oliveira's family and he's got a hamstring issue that sounds fairly significant. Bombers are hoping he is ready for week 1.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

No way Cole should be beat out there if it's based on skill...talent...upside..body type...so hopefully it's reversed by season opener...things like that...playing inferior guys ahead of more talented guys is too common here...

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

No way Cole should be beat out there if it's based on skill...talent...upside..body type...so hopefully it's reversed by season opener...things like that...playing inferior guys ahead of more talented guys is too common here...

I think you have the wrong page, I would refer you here www.riderfans.com 😜

its only day 1.. hard to read anything into it. For wr they likely just went alphabetically so ALston was first up😉

Oshea did confirm that several of the cuts were for injury related reasons ie Bennet. Fayad, Randolph, who will be reassessed when healthy. (wonder if any were due to conditioning concerns? )

Edited by Pete