Round 1 : Game 5 - From my COLd dead hands

• FrostyWinnipeg changed the title to Round 1 : Game 5 - From my COLd dead hands

Ok don't ask me why but I'm calling it, Jets win this one. I keep remembering the comeback against the Hurricanes. They have to want this one,hit everything that moves boys and leave nothing left in the tank.Play like your captain! Go Jets!

Edited by bb1

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Dillon out, Miller in

Toffoli out, Perfetti in

Projected lines I've seen have Toffoli on the 4th line, Perfetti on 2nd. Gustaffson in, AJF and Namestnikov out.

Edited by Stretch

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Projected lines I've seen have Toffoli on the 4th line, Perfetti on 2nd. Gustaffson in, AJF and Namestnikov out.

So far. Wonder if that's dependent on Namesy Hustle getting back in. Will do a slight edit.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't know how Names plays after taking that Schmidt blast to the head.  

Saw in a tweet from John Lu today that Bowness called him last night and was told he was "nauseous because he hadn't eaten since the accident occurred & wasn't feeling great".

10 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Saw in a tweet from John Lu today that Bowness called him last night and was told he was "nauseous because he hadn't eaten since the accident occurred & wasn't feeling great".

yeah that might be a career-ender like the Morrissey shot to the head on Little.

Excerpt taken from an article from Kerry Collins Hockey Writers:

Thud: Connor Hellebuyck Stinks Right Now

Connor Hellebuyck may take home his second Vezina Trophy this season, but it’s a good thing votes are cast before the puck drops on the postseason. Hellebuyck has been brutal in this series, posting a dismal .870 save percentage and 5.22 goals-against average through the first four games. It finally got him benched in Game 4, as Laurent Brossoit took over in the third period of Colorado’s 5-1 victory.

Not sure if that's how Bowness and crew would write that up. 

20 minutes ago, Stretch said:

That pretty much describes how a concussion feels.

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Excerpt taken from an article from Kerry Collins Hockey Writers:

Thud: Connor Hellebuyck Stinks Right Now

Connor Hellebuyck may take home his second Vezina Trophy this season, but it’s a good thing votes are cast before the puck drops on the postseason. Hellebuyck has been brutal in this series, posting a dismal .870 save percentage and 5.22 goals-against average through the first four games. It finally got him benched in Game 4, as Laurent Brossoit took over in the third period of Colorado’s 5-1 victory.

Not sure if that's how Bowness and crew would write that up. 

Not wrong though  …

All these lineup changes may be too little too late but I hold hope they will get us back into the series especially the forward line-up changes.

To be hyper critical from my amateur lazy boy line of sight, Bowness seemed a bit stubborn/slow on making significant adjustments to counter what the Avs have been showing the Jets.

Injuries forced his hand which may be a blessing in disguise but the Avs are playing like a Stanley Cup contender so it may be too much to overcome.    

What I know for sure is next year is our year. 🙂

I'm with you @captaincanuck12 I think I might just go to bed after Rex tonight, the last thing I want is to go to bed in a bad mood

well I hope the people at the whiteout party brings umbrella's it's supposed to rain tonight (the snow that's been happening before a game hasn't been helping maybe a little rain instead?)

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Ehlers actually.

was it?  I thought it was Morrissey shot from the point.  Oh that was Scheifele that got hit in the head by Morrissey.  Right.  Morrissey was the set up guy on the Ehlers shot to Little's head.

When I see guys get hit in the head all I can think of is why would anyone want to be a goalie, taking shots to the head for a living?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Not wrong though  …

If you look at the fancy stats and talk about shot quality, he actually has played quite well, but the team is giving up a ridiculous amount of high danger slot shots (47 through the first 4 games) and he has faced a ton more shots than any other goalie. Now in the cold hard world of wins and losses it means nothing, but he has been hung out to dry by his team this year. His only obvious gaffe was the puck misplay behind the net  in game 2. 

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If you look at the fancy stats and talk about shot quality, he actually has played quite well, but the team is giving up a ridiculous amount of high danger slot shots (47 through the first 4 games) and he has faced a ton more shots than any other goalie. Now in the cold hard world of wins and losses it means nothing, but he has been hung out to dry by his team this year. His only obvious gaffe was the puck misplay behind the net  in game 2. 

That third goal in game #3 where #13 scored on a pass across the crease on the powerplay, I watched that over and over again and still can't figure out what Helle is doing there.  Instead of moving across with the puck he just flopped on the ice like a beached whale and gave #13 the whole net to shoot at.  It was very strange.  I honestly don't think he's playing his best right now, despite all the excusers out there saying its not his fault.  I agree it's not ALL his fault, but I would pull him if I was Bones and roll with Brossy.  What's Bones got to lose?  He's probably done after this game either way, unless Brossy pulls it off.

Game 1, neither goalie was good. 

I can fault Helly for Game 2.  That tying goal went right through his legs, then he gives up the game winner on a pizza.   And then he can't stop Manson on a breakaway, when the puck goes through his legs again.   That is on him.   Games 3 and 4 in Denver, he's been hung out to dry.   He shouldn't have be making 12 Grade A saves in the first 9 mins of a game.    The team is not helping him in any stretch.

But to blame the series  solely on goaltending is flat out ridiculous.   The whole team is bad right now.

Helle has let in the most goals this playoffs so far. He’s also made the most saves. The reality is the Avs could have hit double digits without Helle playing. Lots of games. All? After 5 minutes it’s 12 2 shots for Avs. 

Looks like 

Ehlers Scheifele Vilardi 

Connor Monahan Perfetti 

Nino Lowry apples 

Iafallo Gus Toffoli 

Josh Demelo 

samberg pionk 

miller Schmidt 

Edited by Goalie

You look at that lineup, only one physical line and our smallest defense ( without Dillion and Stanley) i guess Kupari is done here, too bad about Barron we could of used his size.  We gotta go with the horses we have...Go Jets!