Game 29: vs Avs Ridiculous Start time alert

iHeart

46 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The Central Division, even the Western Conference as a whole, is tight and if this type of pace keeps up it will come down to the wire in who makes the playoffs. No one is comfortably in a playoff position yet. Fun to watch, hard on the nerves.

It should be a fight in the playoffs, which hopefully won't work too much in favour of the Eastern Conference. 

19 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

This is now 19 straight games the Jets have given up 3 or less goals this season.  That is a crazy stat.

I really feel like this is all Bowness... it's what he did in Dallas, too. The guys have figured out the system and are executing it properly. They have a really good goaltender, which helps a ton. Full commitment from everyone to play 200 feet, sacrifice the body to block shots, get sticks in the lanes...  this is what happens. The "issue" is trying to get goals, but they've been getting that done, too (and not just from the top line... plenty of secondary scoring)... and that's how you end up where they are. It's a lot of fun to watch, for sure...

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really feel like this is all Bowness... it's what he did in Dallas, too. The guys have figured out the system and are executing it properly. They have a really good goaltender, which helps a ton. Full commitment from everyone to play 200 feet, sacrifice the body to block shots, get sticks in the lanes...  this is what happens. The "issue" is trying to get goals, but they've been getting that done, too (and not just from the top line... plenty of secondary scoring)... and that's how you end up where they are. It's a lot of fun to watch, for sure...

Now if only the fans would fill the building and watch. 

13,515 rocking the building for sure, Jets playing a fun aggressive style, People speak of ehlers but its really  Scheifele becoming an elite 2 way center thats making that line go. Vilardi adds a guy who can go to the net front. His hands are tremendous. 

When Connor gets back, id put him with Fetts and Names or whoever they decide is 2 center and RW on that line cuz that first line is just total domination.

55 really stepping up this year, seems like a completely different guy from last season. 

The attendance is "fine"... It only seats 15 and change. It's not like it's the ******* Forum and it's 13k in a 21k barn.... It's manageable and as the team proves it's for real, people will return. This next week, with the O-6 teams and being wek before Christmas, should do decent box.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Was at the game last night.   Not sure if it was because it was Saturday night, the team is winning, or both, but was a fun atmosphere in the building.  Haven’t seen it like that in a long time. 

My opinion - the Jets are a fun team to watch, and that breeds fun in the stands.  Great pin-point passing and the guys are working hard, which is all Winnipeg fans want - they are willing to spend their hard-earned wages on a ticket, but they want to see the players giving it all, and even if they don't win, that's what true hockey fans appreciate.  Vilardi has some of the best hands I've seen on a guy in a long time, like KConn level hands.  Where was this guy hiding?  Never heard of him before.  Same goes for Iafallo.  Both guys seem pretty happy to be here, which is always a plus, unlike a guy like Dubois whose "I'm too good to be in Winnipeg" attitude was bringing everyone down. 

Looks like we've gotten rid of the whiners and the passengers, and what we are left with are the guys that want to play and give it all for the team.  Dare I use the term "FIFO Culture"?  I just hope we don't get Bowness wanting to play any ex-Navy Seals on the fourth line next season lol....

Edited by kelownabomberfan