FNF Appetizer Elks at Argos GDT

bustamente

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m sorry, where’s the reps for their third string QB? Yup this sure felt like they treated this game like preseason.

I f’ing hate Toronto.

And yet they're trotting out a hobbled AJ Ouellette who clearly needs to be on the training table. 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Smith and Forde having a tough night

Both need to be thinking retirement. 

All good guys have moved on or died (RIP Shultzy), but we're left with the crappy old timers who just wont move on. 

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

God Edmonton is just so bad. And of course we'll make them look like all stars when they come to IGF......

I know this is easier to say in hindsight…. But that game will be to clinch first… and coming off a bye… if Edm is within 30 points… that’s a win for them

I don't know about anybody else but Chadwick looks like he's got 'crazy eyes' ...My wife keeps saying that somehow they don't quite match and something ain't right......Good qb. though

I see the Ford we have under contract (IF he returns) was in the stands in TO watching his brother Tre perform......Looked like he was more interested in watching the game than playing it   ....We could use him going down the stretch...Canuck depth... always useful

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I don't know about anybody else but Chadwick looks like he's got 'crazy eyes' ...My wife keeps saying that somehow they don't quite match and something ain't right......Good qb. though

I see the Ford we have under contract (IF he returns) was in the stands in TO watching his brother Tre perform......Looked like he was more interested in watching the game than playing it   ....We could use him going down the stretch...Canuck depth... always useful

The Argos have a long and storied history of QB's who clearly arnt all there.

McLeod Bethel-Thompson Bio Information - USFL | FOX Sports

Having the 150th birthday party, having all of the legends come home to celebrate, having the decade by decade recaps on the screen, having it be in a game with no stakes or tension so we could just enjoy the fun, having it happen when we are Champions and have a real shot at doing it again...

Sincere wish: I hope you guys can feel this in 2030 for your 100th. It was special.

Side note: went down to a county fair near Lake Erie today with my SO as it's her family Thanksgiving tradition. It is definitely TiCat country down there and I was wearing a bright Cambridge blue Argo hoodie to represent. No TiCat fans said a thing to me, and there were quite a few out. But do you know who did chirp at me? A Sask fan in a Rider hockey jersey (that looked like it was bought on Wish...) who made it a point to step in front of me and inform me of how the Argos suck. I asked if he'd like to trade records or Grey Cup totals with us. He made a face like he was attempting to mentally do really hard differential calculus.

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Having the 150th birthday party, having all of the legends come home to celebrate, having the decade by decade recaps on the screen, having it be in a game with no stakes or tension so we could just enjoy the fun, having it happen when we are Champions and have a real shot at doing it again...

Sincere wish: I hope you guys can feel this in 2030 for your 100th. It was special.

Side note: went down to a county fair near Lake Erie today with my SO as it's her family Thanksgiving tradition. It is definitely TiCat country down there and I was wearing a bright Cambridge blue Argo hoodie to represent. No TiCat fans said a thing to me, and there were quite a few out. But do you know who did chirp at me? A Sask fan in a Rider hockey jersey (that looked like it was bought on Wish...) who made it a point to step in front of me and inform me of how the Argos suck. I asked if he'd like to trade records or Grey Cup totals with us. He made a face like he was attempting to mentally do really hard differential calculus.

Yup...u can run into those doucherbaggers all over ..they of 1 cup per every 27 yrs of existence..

Edited by Booch

On 2023-10-07 at 5:31 PM, bluto said:

Oh we will enjoy the 100th anniversary... and there will be 30,000+ people there 😁

Riders fans are funny in that way... not sure how the fan base of the most inept franchise in all of professional sports became so arrogant 😂

On 2023-10-07 at 5:31 PM, bluto said:

Congrats on all that! Especially the near sellout- it's good to see the argo fans getting the representation they deserve!

On 2023-10-06 at 4:38 PM, Tracker said:

You obviously have not met the right border guard yet.

coming home from the game on Sunday, I told the US border guard that I was up watching the Bombers beat the Lions.

the guard admitted he knew something about the roster rules in the CFL.  "Up there you gotta play Canadians but in the USA, only the best players play!" he said.

What I thought of saying: "Yeah, the NFL works just like the US Border Patrol: only the best of the best!"

What I said instead: nothing.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

coming home from the game on Sunday, I told the US border guard that I was up watching the Bombers beat the Lions.

the guard admitted he knew something about the roster rules in the CFL.  "Up there you gotta play Canadians but in the USA, only the best players play!" he said.

What I thought of saying: "Yeah, the NFL works just like the US Border Patrol: only the best of the best!"

What I said instead: nothing.

What I would have thought to say: “Unless they are black and have taken a knee”

What I would have actually said: nothing as well. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

What I would have thought to say: “Unless they are black and have taken a knee”

What I would have actually said: nothing as well. 

Solid response, but yeah, this did not look like a dude who wanted to discuss the virtues of Colin Kaepernick.

speaking of, there are Kap -> CFL rumors around Montreal right now.