SNF Stumps versus Als

7 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Funny that Faj is a top QB in the East...I mean Kelly is running away with the top for now, but who would thought that

Considering Masoli, Arbuckle, Shiltz, Mitchell,  T Adams, all ended up getting hurt... he's only 2nd best by default.     I wouldn't consider Powell/Crum who are 3rd/4th string qbs thrown into action as a fair comparison.  

20 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Makes decent reads and delivers, but serves up a terrible throw about 1 out of 4. With a lesser receiving corps, he would have more incompletions. Begelton made some superb grabs.

He looks like he telegraphs his throws. I don't see his head going from side to side when he's in the pocket. It lets the DB's hang back & jump the route.

17 hours ago, Booch said:

Most likely...as opposed to whatever Suitor does to prep......

I doubt Suitor preps. If he handles two games in a weekend he has no time hence the ramblings.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I am convinced that 90% of suitors prep is reading RIDERS message boards and seeing what fans are talking about.

Fixed

The amount of times Suitor brings up Lucious Purifoy,  Kyran Moore, and Shaq Evans is not normal. 

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Fixed

The amount of times Suitor brings up Lucious Purifoy,  Kyran Moore, and Shaq Evans is not normal. 

Thank god CFL legend Dan Clarke has hung them up, or we'd be hearing all about him constantly too...his car accident...what a leader....warrior...over and over and over as he sucks and gets turnstiled...over and over and over

So in terms of prep for the colour guys, most of it is reading the weekly press notes that the league sends out and sitting in on the weekly zoom sessions with players and coaches. And watching as many of the other games as possible. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So in terms of prep for the colour guys, most of it is reading the weekly press notes that the league sends out and sitting in on the weekly zoom sessions with players and coaches. And watching as many of the other games as possible. 

not sure what the current guys prep is....but can say it isnt much...I bet Lapo goes over the teams he is gonna cover tendencies, and plays they tend to use in certain down and distance situ's so he can break it down and explain the whats and why's tho....h seems to come prepared....

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

not sure what the current guys prep is....but can say it isnt much...I bet Lapo goes over the teams he is gonna cover tendencies, and plays they tend to use in certain down and distance situ's so he can break it down and explain the whats and why's tho....h seems to come prepared....

I think with Lapo it's more likely that he's just more familiar with teams because he was JUST coaching. So his info is more current. The other guys don't have that advantage.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I think with Lapo it's more likely that he's just more familiar with teams because he was JUST coaching. So his info is more current. The other guys don't have that advantage.

I dunno....Suitor cant explain anything, and for mostpart doesn't even seem to have a clue about the most basic things

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I dunno....Suitor cant explain anything, and for mostpart doesn't even seem to have a clue about the most basic things

Again he's been away from the game for too long. A lot of his information is outdated, and I'd bet he's just relying solely on the weekly league press notes and the team zoom calls. Not much current in terms of playcalls and what not. Lapo was in the league just last year so his info is way more current.

16 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Although I haven’t heard “Old Mo” rear his ugly head in a while, Suitor still trots out “This is the CFL, still plenty of time to score 1, 2, 47 points.” 
Laughable and pathetic. 

lots of ...jump cut...he's back...press the line...RPO...run blitz....cover Zero....over and over tho.......and over......

Suitor and Forde both come from the era where every team had a wideout and a slot on each side of the field with 2 backs in the backfield.  The formation would change when they moved backs either straight behind the QB into I form or into Pro form or Strong/Weak I with the fullback motioning over.  You'd almost never see a bunch (which is what everyone is running their 3 man routes and run stuff out of now) or a receiver motioning across a formation.

TSN desperately needs new blood.

9 hours ago, JCon said:

He only describes what he sees and that's not good enough. He doesn't know schemes and can't predict the offense or defense. 

Remember when Tony Romo would tell us where the ball was going & he was right? That's what I want in an analyst. Not someone like Suitor talking about the same thing over & over again.

Edited by SpeedFlex27