Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Strange, wonder why they wouldn’t hide grant on the ir. Disappointing that Taylor didn’t make it to pre season. Hope we bring in another pass rusher. 

I don't see Grant at practice today. It's still early and he might still show up but maybe he had to go back home for a few days.

16 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

New Qb Pigrome is at practice. He wasn't here Sunday or Monday.

Briggs is practicing after just watching the first couple of days.

O'Leary Orange, Rosery, Tyrell, and Oliveira aren't taking part of practice today.

He was released earlier this week but it was reported he just had to go home to take care of something and was expected back.  Lots of paper moves this time of year, hopefully Grant is one of those too.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bighill I think is just getting vet rest days. I am worried about the Wilson spot. Hoping a newcomer really steps up.

Could be, but not practicing at all is going to be concerning until he does. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Strange, wonder why they wouldn’t hide grant on the ir. Disappointing that Taylor didn’t make it to pre season. Hope we bring in another pass rusher. 

I would bet big money that he had some personal issues he had to deal with....and before anyone reads too much into that, I am not suggesting it is a negative matter. Who knows? Death in the family, a child's milestone to attend, legal matters....could be anything really. At this point and time Grant has nothing to prove, comes back to us year after year on team friendly contracts....this is more than likely a big nothing burger.

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The issue is that OSH gets a pass on the site, yet there was bellyaching about the lack of news from reporters, who are shut out by O’Shea’s cone of silence just the same. 

I'm not seeing any issue. Lack of coverage from reporters was the bellyache, not lack of news. I don't mind MOS not revealing personal matters of his squad, but I did complain that we haven't heard much in the way of rookie camp/TC player reports. Nobody telling us who is looking good/bad. Don't need MOS to be an open book for that.

The issue is that OSH gets a pass on the site, yet there was bellyaching about the lack of news from reporters, who are shut out by O’Shea’s cone of silence just the same. 

Maxwell has nothing on Mike O......It looks like we'll be scrambling in the nose tackle spot....one position I considered an easy fill ...but apparently not....I would expect a few candidates are in the wings....better get them here pronto.....

27 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Alright, so I officially have concerns about Bighill and Grant as players. Also the LB spot that was supposed to be filled by Wilson.

I have zero concerns about either. Bighill is just getting vet treatment, and Grant is a beast that will likely be back in a day or two. Most likely a personal matter, or a paper move to make the cut down.

While there is some merit to that, the lack of reporting isn't entirely due to not getting anything from MOS.   You can see the media guys actively ignore practice and then have nothing to write about so they aren't doing themselves any favours.  

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It's not OSH getting a pass on this site, It's understanding that a big part of why players love him, want to come here, and choose to stay is that he keeps things in house. His cone of silence is locker room management and it is 100% the right approach.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Right, so you actually agree that it's MOS not sharing info....just like Tburg said

It's nobody sharing information of a personal or in house nature in our entire organization and that is exactly how the players love it, and one of the reasons they love our franchise.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

While there is some merit to that, the lack of reporting isn't entirely due to not getting anything from MOS.   You can see the media guys actively ignore practice and then have nothing to write about so they aren't doing themselves any favours.  

At the very least, DT does the work on the stats. It's not MOS' job to provide the reporters with their articles. Giving them a pass is a joke. There are too many bad reporters in this city covering the sports teams, just mailing it in and cashing cheques. Do the work. 

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Exactly. We heard more from the press in updates when MOS jr was having coffee than we have heard in the entire camp about other young up and comers. Same thing last year. We never heard a thing about Dalton Schoen impressing until late into camp.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

At the very least, DT does the work on the stats. It's not MOS' job to provide the reporters with their articles. Giving them a pass is a joke. There are too many bad reporters in this city covering the sports teams, just mailing it in and cashing cheques. Do the work. 

We used to get daily articles that told us who was looking good/bad/mediocre/old etc along with camp stars of the day not too many years ago. Now we are scouring the bowels of the internet only to find out MOS jr. almost caught a ball.