Round 1 - Game 5 : @Volcano Golden Knights

19 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Hypothetically if Chevy gets whacked, who replaces him? I sure hope to Christ it isn’t Craig Heisinger, True North’s cheap hire as an assistant GM. Heisinger hasn’t said a word about Graham James from when they worked together. 

I would certainly hope not. No one who has worked under Chipman that long should be hired. 

Edited by JCon

The talent is mostly there with that team, but the attitude is not.

In all reality, most teams would be in trouble without their number one (25 - 28 min) Dman. And he was one of the players who brought his game every night.

I don't know if a complete blow up is the answer - but some players need to go - for sure.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The talent is mostly there with that team, but the attitude is not.

In all reality, most teams would be in trouble without their number one (25 - 28 min) Dman. And he was one of the players who brought his game every night.

I don't know if a complete blow up is the answer - but some players need to go - for sure.

Put a permanent C and A on Morrisey and Lowry as a first step.

Just now, Rod Black said:

Blake Wheeler becomes offended. See, the players were expected to act like pros and they didn’t fix the problems, now 26 starts whining - as one tweeter says “exhibit A : wheelers the problem.”   

I have to agree with Wheeler on this one. Just frustration on Bowness part, does it make a difference? Does Chipman can Bowness keep Chevy? History says yes. What a mess. 

Meanwhile in Fort Lauderdale, Paul Maurice coached Panthers are headed to game 7 against the top performing team in the league. 

11 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I have to agree with Wheeler on this one. Just frustration on Bowness part, does it make a difference? Does Chipman can Bowness keep Chevy? History says yes. What a mess. 

Don’t think for a second that Bowness didn’t know what he was doing. 

Now, how is it possible for the players to belly ache that they don’t know they are viewed as a problem? The coaches comments make it publicly clear what he thinks and what tons of fans think of them. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Meanwhile in Fort Lauderdale, Paul Maurice coached Panthers are headed to game 7 against the top performing team in the league. 

Don’t think for a second that Bowness didn’t know what he was doing. 

You are probably right but just not the way to go in Wheelers opinion and i agree. 

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

You are probably right but just not the way to go in Wheelers opinion and i agree. 

Four grand a seat to watch those underachievers. Wheeler (8 million dollar man) hasn’t found a solution, hasn’t shown he has a plan, so I can’t agree with him. Wheeler needs to act like he deserves 8 million. He is set for life. 

8 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Wheeler should have kept his yap shut. Hes bitching because he knows Bones was 100 percent right. And take a hard look in the mirror.

Right. He didn’t say bones was wrong with the particular assessment. 

Edited by Rod Black

36 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Blake Wheeler becomes offended. See, the players were expected to act like pros and they didn’t fix the problems, now 26 starts whining - as one tweeter says “exhibit A : wheelers the problem.”   

Give it rest, Wheeler. There's a reason (or reasons) your C was taken away from you.

Bowness nailed it. No pride. No push back in a do or die game.

I guess the truth hurts some of these privileged, overpaid manbabies.

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Every player they talked to today was upset with Bowness, not just Wheeler. Interesting times... 

Nope. Ehlers had no problem, he just wants to play hockey, no guilty conscience from him. 37 isnt bitching about the coaches comments. Every player “quoted” is more like it. 55, 44 haven’t been quoted. 

and from someone who should know what he’s talking about…

Oh my, another player not bitching at the coach. 

Edited by Rod Black

9 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

The talking heads certainly aren’t criticizing Bowness for criticizing….

The problem now is can we get anywhere near proper value for these players now? How does Bowness and Chevy stay?  So many issues on so many levels. 

Bowness wasn't going to speak today, but after virtually every player complained about him during their sessions, the team is making him available to the media so he can answer to it. 

PLD one of the few who said he didn't mind, but nearly all the rest were quite upset that he didn't keep it in house. 

Curious what Bowness has to say... 

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

The problem now is can we get anywhere near proper value for these players now? How does Bowness and Chevy stay?  So many issues on so many levels. 

No team wants to pick up wheelers contract. He is irrelevant and an albatross. Actually Bowness obviously doesn’t care if he stays, based upon his short contract, age, and doesn’t need the cash.