Round 1 - Game 5 : @Volcano Golden Knights

Isn't it pretty obvious by now that the Jets' supposed leaders on the roster are the problem?  Not talking about Lowry or Morrissey.

Scheifele will get a good return - start shopping him.  Chevy has proven himself to be very average and this is his chance to prove otherwise.

Time to start looking for a pure playmaker and power forward on the wing to play with Connor on the first line.

two coaches in a row have deeply criticized this current bunch of players.
 Barry Trotz might have known these players and decided he didn’t want to associate with such a bunch of losers. 

If 55 and 26 return next year, people won’t be renewing season tickets in record numbers. 

11 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Barry Trotz might have known these players and decided he didn’t want to associate with such a bunch of losers. 

If 55 and 26 return next year, people won’t be renewing season tickets in record numbers. 

I will always wonder how much Wheeler and Scheifele's "leadership" had to do with Byfuglien's decision to quit.  

16 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I think the best we can hope for is that one of them will be gone

22 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I think the best we can hope for is that one of them will be gone

You might be right. Wheeler had the C removed from his jersey. Scheif wasn’t given a C. Did Bowness see he didn’t deserve it? JMo kept an A. Lowry got an A. Two of three A’s performed. Scheif and wheeler line was disbanded. Were they separated because of the high level of performance? That second bag Scheif took to Vegas was a Play Station to play video games. He won’t grow up. He barely learned to drive! No team wants wheeler. Trade Scheif to a team where he won’t be a leader because he doesn’t know how to lead, he whines like a child. Those two perhaps are the uncouchable ones as stated by Maurice. Laine didn’t want to leave because wheeler and 55 were such great leaders. How many players has Chevy drafted that worked out for the jets? It’s a short list. 

Edited by Rod Black

25 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I will always wonder how much Wheeler and Scheifele's "leadership" had to do with Byfuglien's decision to quit.  

Probably a bit because he came across as someone as having hard time tolerating dinkness (see Evander Kane) but I think a lot of it was hockey had run its course and now its all about 'family, fishing and independence ahhhhhh' being the motive to move on.

46 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Probably a bit because he came across as someone as having hard time tolerating dinkness (see Evander Kane) but I think a lot of it was hockey had run its course and now its all about 'family, fishing and independence ahhhhhh' being the motive to move on.

I totally get that part, but clearly hockey wasn't fun enough for him anymore either.  

Slip....slip......slidin.......right out of the door........How long before Chevy gets the pink slip....His best before has come and gone.....That effort in Vegas was deplorable/putrid.....Time for a clean-out and that starts from the top down....Chipman has seen all he needs to know now....See ya Chevy

Edited by Stickem

Bowness sure didn't hold back in the post game presser. He's livid. Not sure his opinion is necessarily tied to what Chevy will actually do, but if it is, kabooooom. Gonna be a mushroom cloud over The Phone Booth this summer...

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bowness sure didn't hold back in the post game presser. He's livid. Not sure his opinion is necessarily tied to what Chevy will actually do, but if it is, kabooooom. Gonna be a mushroom cloud over The Phone Booth this summer...

Anyone who hasn't seen the presser, it is a must watch IMO.   Pretty much sums up the feelings of a lot of the fans as well.

You have a coach in Maurice who basically fired himself because he was out of ideas with this group.  Bring in Bowness, who at his age and where he is in his career / retirement, can be very open and honest with what he says here.  Changes are needed.

After this full season I’m actually not worried about replacing Schief, Wheels, PLD, or even Helle. Will there be short term pain? Yes. But we’ve already seen this group fail in the playoffs for enough seasons now to know we need to start the process of changing the character of this team (not all, but the so called leaders). The time for talking about it is done …

Also … different sports, but does this Jets era (error as Friesen calls it) not remind you of the 2004 Blue Bombers? They were so close and actually should have won the Cup in 2001, but never returned to the glory of that one season. By 2004 Khari Jones had to be traded and their veteran coach, Dave Ritchie finished his time here at seasons end. It was a good team and some parts like Stegall and C Roberts actually helped the new players advance to the Cup in 2007. This Jets team of not quite good enough reminds me of that squad in ways …

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I wouldn't be 100% surprised if Helle, Wheeler, Scheif and PLD had played their last games as Jets..... 

The former notion many Jets fans were clinging to that we absolutely needed these guys to succeed, took a big nosedive this season …

5 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Also … different sports, but does this Jets era (error as Friesen calls it) not remind you of the 2004 Blue Bombers? They were so close and actually should have won the Cup in 2001, but never returned to the glory of that one season. By 2004 Khari Jones had to be traded and their veteran coach, Dave Ritchie finished his time here at seasons end. It was a good team and some parts like Stegall and C Roberts actually helped the new players advance to the Cup in 2007. This Jets team of not quite good enough reminds me of that squad in ways …

The former notion many Jets fans were clinging to that we absolutely needed these guys to succeed, took a big nosedive this season …

just one correction - Ritchie was fired midway through a season and Daley was named interim coach, before being given the full reins prior to the following season.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

just one correction - Ritchie was fired midway through a season and Daley was named interim coach, before being given the full reins prior to the following season.

yeah but then wasn't he also fired midway through the season?

We peaked in 2018... and then came the first round exit to the Blues in 2019 ... which was supposedly our year.   The problems started then.   Management kept Maurice on for far too long and this stink should have been fixed back in 2020.   But no we kept the same crap, and noone in the ******* organization had the balls to deal with the problem at hand.  Kevin Hayes said the locker room sucked.   Byfuglien left probably because of it.  Stastny was pissed off last year and his comments were probably directed at Schiefele. 

This team needs to use it's compliance buyouts and get rid of Wheeler.    Then send Dubois and Schiefele packing for some proper rebuilding pieces.   Get some more rugged defensemen that can hammer the opposition and make it difficult to play against us.

We likely lose Hellebuyck because he won't want to stay in a rebuilding team.     

Finally, get rid of Chevy.   12 years and it's the same garbage day in and day out.   We've had 1 conference final appearance.. and 2 second round appearances.   6 playoff appearances total.   This is Jets 1.0 mediocrity all over again.

I'll give the club a slim out after that debacle in Vegas....that would be injuries...HOWEVER where has this clubs depth gone.....non-existent...The starters aren't good enough in a lot of instances .....and that equals pathetic....I don't know what gms are out there that would want to come here and clean up this mess BUT the hunt should be in progress yesterday.....Players that don't want to be here should get a ticket out of town ....pronto.....It looks like we'll be rebuilding from the ground up but it should start at the top.....Really appreciated the honesty from Bowness....my kind of guy...I hope he sticks around