Round 1 - Game 5 : @Volcano Golden Knights

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

No player on this club right now should feel comfortable about the future with this team....Rick couldn't say that but I get the feeling that's what Bowness was really saying after we exited the season so badly.....I look for big changes in the offseason....it's inevitable now and long overdue....Sometimes it takes real gumption and balls to really tell it like it is....Time to separate the wheat from the chaffe on this club TrueNorth....long overdue

Agreed. 

It might be a challenge to Chippy or Chevy that it’s “me or them”. Now the fans know that the coach knows there are underachievers. The coach has made it clear to Management that there are players that aren’t performing. The most valued is imo is 37. I’m ok with 80 leaving, but want a great return.  55 has shown he’s not a leader and is selfish. I’d guess some value is there because of point production. No one will take 26 - reputation as a cancer - could have been traded in 2019 but chipper said no.

5 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Agreed. 

It might be a challenge to Chippy or Chevy that it’s “me or them”. Now the fans know that the coach knows there are underachievers. The coach has made it clear to Management that there are players that aren’t performing. The most valued is imo is 37. I’m ok with 80 leaving, but want a great return.  55 has shown he’s not a leader and is selfish. I’d guess some value is there because of point production. No one will take 26 - reputation as a cancer - could have been traded in 2019 but chipper said no.

You aren't going to get a great return on any players because the Jets aren't dealing from a position of strength. MAYBE Helle gets you something but when every team knows you have problems, they're gonna bend you over a barrel... 

Be prepared for underwhelming returns or guys just walking into UFA.... 

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You aren't going to get a great return on any players because the Jets aren't dealing from a position of strength. MAYBE Helle gets you something but when every team knows you have problems, they're gonna bend you over a barrel... 

Be prepared for underwhelming returns or guys just walking into UFA.... 

yes. Absolutely. Maybe what little the team gets is all the players are worth. Everything about this team is mediocre, including chevy’s uninspiring presser. I’ll say it was awful. 

Mark Scheifele 62nd in NHL scoring with 68 points. Christ even Martin Necas has more points than 55. And WHO TF is Martin Necas? 

Edited by Rod Black

29 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

yes. Absolutely. Maybe what little the team gets is all the players are worth. Everything about this team is mediocre, including chevy’s uninspiring presser. I’ll say it was awful. 

Mark Scheifele 62nd in NHL scoring with 68 points. Christ even Martin Necas has more points than 55. And WHO TF is Martin Necas? 

absolutely-awful-simon-cowell.gif

23 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Can say I’ve never seen such an interview of a GM or CEO before. Repeated , “we’ll have to see what opportunities come our way”, is actually feeble.

I am going to cut Chevy some slack on this. He always keeps it close to the vest.  No sense adding fuel to the fire with Bowness or the players right now.  Wait till everyone has cooled down and go from there. No other realistic way to play this.

On 2023-04-29 at 1:02 PM, Stickem said:

Handle it internally.....what a bloody joke Wheeler.....That's exactly what a loser says so he can cover his tracks....We had a coach for the Bombers who uttered those sentiments.....Mike Kelly, I believe, had the same schtick when cornered ....'It's being handled internally' was his bull$hit line.....He exited our club like a loser........and the team has been better ever since.....Don't hide crap from the paying public...get it all out and start the renewal for cripes sake....I hope Wheeler is moved (if that's even possible) and Bowness should get a bump in pay for telling it like it is

Mike Kelly for Jets coach!!  He and Wheeler can handle everything internally....

Did anyone hear from Chevy during the press conference that his objective is to win a Stanley Cup for Winnipeg? 
He did say the players like playing together. He did say players said they don’t want a rebuild. These two things are different than a definite objective.

Edited by Rod Black

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Did anyone hear from Chevy during the press conference that his objective is to win a Stanley Cup for Winnipeg? 
He did say the players like playing together. He did say players said they don’t want a rebuild. These two things are different than a definite objective.

I would think every GM’s ultimate  objective is to win it all. At some point every GM has to be held accountable for not achieving that expectation. You would think.  But apparently to some it’s actually an unreasonable expectation for never ending reasons. Maybe the slogan for some NHL teams should be hey you’re lucky you have a NHL team, you’re welcome for the entertainment, make sure you don’t critique the team with your non expert I’ve never played pro hockey analysis and don’t hold any expectation we are going to win it all because we’ve been set up to fail except of course in turning a profit but if we don’t hit our profit margins because it is a business and not really a sport we will make sure we subtly tell you you are not doing your job so we may move the team if you don’t do your job.

I think this slogan is a bit long.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I would think every GM’s ultimate  objective is to win it all. At some point every GM has to be held accountable for not achieving that expectation. You would think.  But apparently to some it’s actually an unreasonable expectation for never ending reasons. Maybe the slogan for some NHL teams should be hey you’re lucky you have a NHL team, you’re welcome for the entertainment, make sure you don’t critique the team with your non expert I’ve never played pro hockey analysis and don’t hold any expectation we are going to win it all because we’ve been set up to fail except of course in turning a profit but if we don’t hit our profit margins because it is a business and not really a sport we will make sure we subtly tell you you are not doing your job so we may move the team if you don’t do your job.

I think this slogan is a bit long.

‘Effen ‘ell mate. I think you’re onto something! 

Kyle Connor said in his meet the press that he could have played much better and all the other players could have played better. Yet, he’s mad that the coach, and surprised, when Rick directed his anger at the group. Since he’s smallish, can’t get physical maybe and  as a follower, he should go too.

oh yeah, “February was just a bit of a slide”. But it’s been reported by the press as a “historic” slide. 

congrats to Paul Maurice for coaching a team that wants a cup! 

Edited by Rod Black

22 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Can say I’ve never seen such an interview of a GM or CEO before. Repeated , “we’ll have to see what opportunities come our way”, is actually feeble.

Underlying belief driving Chevy's presser ... "we're working diligently to get the unicorns, fairies, leprechauns, and happy elves on our payroll next season.  This will assure our fans that we won't have any bad juju ruin the clear path to the Stanley Cup this powerful squad is on ..." "Don't let this week upset you, Rick will see things our way soon enough ..."

dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

Edited by IC Khari