2023 CFL Draft Discussion

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think that guy is like 26 - which , it true, sort of blows my mind. 

If he isn’t the King he is in the Royal family. 

He is 26.  He was shitting on the Bombers for drafting someone older than him.  According to him, our first two picks were reaches and you should never draft by need. 🙄

I will never begrudge everyone for putting out CFL content. It takes time and gives us all something to talk about. More is needed.

That said, judging the draft is impossible.

Even for Kyle Walters, you have to go look at underdeveloped kids go out there and perform with and against kids who will never play football beyond college - how do you assess that?

Imagine you're a teacher and trying to assess someone for a Gr. 12 physics class, but you only have their Gr. 3 materials....and it's mostly wrong. 

10 hours ago, Geebrr said:

America’s Saskatchewan is Mississippi.

9 hours ago, JCon said:

Saskatchewan wishes it was Florida. 

You’re both right, Saskatchewan is like Florida away from the coast. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Never draft for need is a mock draft expert cliche. 

The same draft experts then lampoon teams that take the best player when they already have a good player at that position. 

8 hours ago, bigg jay said:

He is 26.  He was shitting on the Bombers for drafting someone older than him.  According to him, our first two picks were reaches and you should never draft by need. 🙄

The worst thing to do with a draft pick in any league or sport is to pick a guy who won’t get the reps he needs to grow. If you draft a guy at a position of strength you end up with a guy stapled to the bench. May as well just forfeit the pick. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

3rd. down says the tsn ratings for the draft on Tues. were down appreciably ....Said the big reason was going against the Leafs playoff game.....hmmmmm Maybe you can add this fact.....when the cream of the draft eligible crop heads south,,you tend to reduce interest

Up against playoff hockey, as slow as Dan Clark trying to get downfield, and filled with people telling us how great of a fit every draft pick was. It was boring. The best part was following along here. 

39 minutes ago, JCon said:

Up against playoff hockey, as slow as Dan Clark trying to get downfield, and filled with people telling us how great of a fit every draft pick was. It was boring. The best part was following along here. 

Jay and Matty Geebs made Draft Night for me.... very appreciated, fellas.