2023 CFL Draft Discussion

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was thinking a VERY poor man's Woogie....

We'd be lucky if he's Rory Kohlert's younger brother Kory Kohlert.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mini woli, and Rosery sounds like a poor man’s demski. 

I'd wager Rosery is tagged for a H back type role if he plays at all on O.  Kind of like Declan Cross, Calvin McCarty type.

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mini woli, and Rosery sounds like a poor man’s demski. 

the report on Rosery was that he had poor hands and was "not a polished pass catcher"........but then the Bombers-released write up said he "has been compared to Nic Demski"...... so I'm not sure which one to believe, exactly. 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the report on Rosery was that he had poor hands and was "not a polished pass catcher"........but then the Bombers-released write up said he "has been compared to Nic Demski"...... so I'm not sure which one to believe, exactly. 

Yeah that was BS.  They used him in a hybrid role out of the backfield.  He catches as good as any running back.  Maybe they are talking about route running, but he'll basically be that blocking back who maybe sneaks out into the flat or runs across the formation.

51 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Are any of these guys the next Jade Etienne or Addison Richards?

Yeah we havent had much luck over the years drafting clowns out of the Sask football programs. Probably cant handle the transition of being away from their cousins for so long. Hopefully Bennett will buck the trend.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

47 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah we havent had much luck over the years drafting clowns out of the Sask football programs. Probably cant handle the transition of being away from their cousins for so long. Hopefully Bennett will buck the trend.

Is Bennet from SSK? Or did he just play there?

Just now, JCon said:

I don't believe he did. Older sister was born there but I believe he was born and raised in Florida. 

I've read multiple quotes that he was "partially raised there"....... but we'd likely have to ask him to know for sure. I'll go back and check Tait's piece about the draft....it was either him or the 3DN piece that said he was partially raised there. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I've read multiple quotes that he was "partially raised there"....... but we'd likely have to ask him to know for sure. I'll go back and check Tait's piece about the draft....it was either him or the 3DN piece that said he was partially raised there. 

Let's just wait for the facts and not accuse him of anything, yet. We shouldn't put that on him unless it's true. 

The problem with the draft coverage is that no one really covers USports or junior football to any depth.  You almost have to if you want to have anything relevant for the draft.

I mean even in the US where NCAA down to D2 is covered intently most of the draft coverage is just stupid cliches.  But at least the first 100 picks or so has some depth to the coverage.