3 stars plus hh streak break

wbbfan

12 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Collaros and Legghio made this game unwinnable 

Buck more than collaros.  The offensive play call stunk out loud. Brady should’ve had 20 + touches easy. He couldn’t play call to get into a rhythm then made calls like prukop and no Brady on the last set to take us out of it. 

for what jeffcoat and biggie make combining for 1 tackle and one teams tackle isn’t good enough. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Buck more than collaros.  The offensive play call stunk out loud. Brady should’ve had 20 + touches easy. He couldn’t play call to get into a rhythm then made calls like prukop and no Brady on the last set to take us out of it. 

for what jeffcoat and biggie make combining for 1 tackle and one teams tackle isn’t good enough. 

J & J needed help from the rest of their interior linemates which they never got. Stevie Richardson was a force last season & was greatly missed. He was a runstopper & gave us that push we didn't have this past season.  We never even tried to replace him. The stat you posted is the long term result of staying with the status quo. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

J & J needed help from the rest of their interior linemates which they never got. Stevie Richardson was a force last season & was greatly missed. He was a runstopper & gave us that push we didn't have this past season.  We never even tried to replace him. The stat you posted is the long term result of staying with the status quo. 

he was missed but I thought Sayles had a good night and really can't fault the defensive line or the defense really for this one. O did sweet **** all and that was the problem. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

he was missed but I thought Sayles had a good night and really can't fault the defensive line or the defense really for this one. O did sweet **** all and that was the problem. 

Our lines were outplayed last night. That was the difference in the game. Our OL might need replenishing or perhaps tweaking at one or two positions but for sure our DL needs upgrading. I think the loss took Buck's name out of any HC opportunities for next season. It shows that he's still learning on the go & may be a few years before he's ready to be a HC. I think Buck probably learned a valuable lesson last night from the Prukop play on first down. Or at least I hope he did. If he hasn't then he's becoming LaPo 2,0.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

The Bombers the past few years have seemed to be able to identify the exact moment in a game where they can execute on an opportunity and really take it to the other team.

The moment last night was after the Grant Punt Return. The 4th Quarter Bombers should have run away with the game after that point. However what happened was

1. Missed XP
  2. Inexplicable RTP penalty and letting them get a FG to bring it to with 3
  3. Inexplicable bomb by Prukop on the second play after a great Brady run to give Argos the ball back

and the Argos are back in the game.

Despite all the perceived short comings... the Bombers had a chance to win at the end of game. It's too bad that little pass to Demski didn't make it over the DL but I'm not sure why you don't keep riding Brady there. 

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Sayles is different but yeah. Him next to stove with the Jeff’s now would be un stoppable. With that 4 man group we wouldn’t have to go cover 0 to get pressure. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I don't think the OL was as big an issue as some are making it. Argos sent extra bodies a ton and collaros didn't pull the trigger on throws. He was very indecisive in the pocket.

Couture hardrick and gray all had bad whiffs but that happens when you play a great dl. We could’ve game  planned better to beat the rush or adjusted but I don’t really fault the ol. They aren’t the dominant force in pass pro they used to be. But improving them would be really hard. Keep bringing in guys as always and wait for some one to take a job like always. 

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Stove isn't coming back...need to move on from that idea and find someone else. He doesn't want to play in Winnipeg, and coming off his injury, he's a huge risk. Let's just go down to the pound and get a new stove...

Even if he wanted to come back and we could afford him, that was a pretty serious injury and there is no guarantee he would be the player he was.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Stove isn't coming back...need to move on from that idea and find someone else. He doesn't want to play in Winnipeg, and coming off his injury, he's a huge risk. Let's just go down to the pound and get a new stove...

Not saying we want Stove back but there are big DL like Stove out there. There are some in the CFL who'll become free agents that hopefully we target.