3 stars plus hh

wbbfan

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Parker looks to be a playmaker, good future replacement for Nick Taylor or Mercy Maston.  Very impressed with the DT play of Gray but especially Eric Lofton looked very accomplished in pass protection, they are going to have to offer him more than a PR spot if they want to retain him next season.

With the issues surrounding OLs league wide, the Bombers will have some tough decisions to make

38 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

With the issues surrounding OLs league wide, the Bombers will have some tough decisions to make

Yeah all the oline guys played very well all things considered...Dobson's a beast....Gray didnt look out of place at all for first time at left tackle...Lofton more than serviceable, which is interesting considering Richmond is the better of the 2 import PR guys.

Bailey showed again...he clutch and brings some fire to the offence...and he will be key come playoffs when Schoen/Demski and Ellingson are all in lineup...Pick your poison defenses...

Lawrence, will be even better with another game under is belt to regain his sea legs, and Parker just gets better and better...and obviously can play corner and HB...we are setting p nice for the playoffs

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Bailey showed again...he clutch and brings some fire to the offence...and he will be key come playoffs when Schoen/Demski and Ellingson are all in lineup...Pick your poison defenses...

Dru Brown having success in a game that definitely meant something to BC...says a lot about O schemes and coaching 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

They mentioned this on the broadcast, specifically Kolankowski and Couture. To me that one is easy, Couture. It will be interesting to see what happens.

no way in hell they take Kolo over Couture....and Kolo I think had a season ender anyway and could be bound for surgery

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Perhaps Hardrick and Stan call it a career. Neufeld too? 

I doubt any of them do....but if one does it will be Bryant...Yosh is still youngish in Olineman yrs

1 hour ago, Booch said:

no way in hell they take Kolo over Couture....and Kolo I think had a season ender anyway and could be bound for surgery

I doubt any of them do....but if one does it will be Bryant...Yosh is still youngish in Olineman yrs

Neuf is pretty young in age but ancient in football years. I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 of them retire this off season. I also wouldn’t be surprised if all 3 come back next year but that one’s body just doesn’t hold up any more. 

very happy with the performance of most the ol. I don’t think it’s much of a choice between kola and couture. It’s couture all day. Gray I hope gets next game at lt and some tc/ pre season next year. Dobson looked really good at guard. 

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Parker looks to be a playmaker, good future replacement for Nick Taylor or Mercy Maston.  Very impressed with the DT play of Gray but especially Eric Lofton looked very accomplished in pass protection, they are going to have to offer him more than a PR spot if they want to retain him next season.

I was really impressed with Parker moving over to boundary halfback, which I've heard referred to as the hardest DB position (or perhaps tied with SAM?). He certainly did not look out of place. 

1 hour ago, kschach said:

I was really impressed with Parker moving over to boundary halfback, which I've heard referred to as the hardest DB position (or perhaps tied with SAM?). He certainly did not look out of place. 

Yeah Parker and Nichols at our HB spots will be pretty stout

And Rose and Lawrence if Houston isnt back is pretty good too...and if Houston is back..and Darby and Lawrence now in the mix I feel pretty good about that scenario now that BA is back in game shape.

Now if Wilson is able to make it back...we gonna be very very tough especially how the offence is clicking...and it will be getting Ellingson and Woli back too...

On 2022-10-16 at 1:00 PM, Stickem said:

Especially if Desjarlis comes back next year....we could be very heavy in the O Line dept.....can't keep em all...BUT a good prob. to have

Might come down to $$ in who they can afford to employ, Desjarlais will be looking for max. pay day if he comes back, Bryant is already there, along with Yoshi earning above average wages for a CFL OT.  Can't be paying the O-line $1 million for 5 starters, if the budget is set at $750k for 6, somethings got to give.  Everybody wants to be paid appropriately, especially the best at their position, at least 4-5 irreplaceable starters are going to walk out the door at seasons end and not return, not much choice but to replace them with the next best prospect that fits within their budget.

Edited by Fatty Liver

16 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Might come down to $$ in who they can afford to employ, Desjarlais will be looking for max. pay day if he comes back, Bryant is already there, along with Yoshi earning above average wages for a CFL DT.  Can't be paying the O-line $1 million for 5 starters, if the budget is set at $750k for 6, somethings got to give.  Everybody wants to be paid appropriately, especially the best at their position, at least 4-5 irreplaceable starters are going to walk out the door at seasons end and not return, not much choice but to replace them with the next best prospect that fits within their budget.

If Desjarlais comes back....u pay the man....same with the Tackles...both of whom I expect back, and seeing as we didnt make a NFL splash costing us big money, and have had salaries of Ellingson....BA...Couture, Wilson, Prukopp do full stints on the 6 game...some of then 2 stints we have the ability to re-up some guys with a nice bump with 2022 money not taking away from the 2023 SMS and allow us then to re-up some our studs, and or sign a key free agent...we sitting in a good spot in my opinion...we will keep who we deem irreplaceable

4 hours ago, Booch said:

If Desjarlais comes back....u pay the man....same with the Tackles...both of whom I expect back, and seeing as we didnt make a NFL splash costing us big money, and have had salaries of Ellingson....BA...Couture, Wilson, Prukopp do full stints on the 6 game...some of then 2 stints we have the ability to re-up some guys with a nice bump with 2022 money not taking away from the 2023 SMS and allow us then to re-up some our studs, and or sign a key free agent...we sitting in a good spot in my opinion...we will keep who we deem irreplaceable

Ummm NO@!!!

You don't pay a guy like Desjarlais to come back!   No you spend that money on Duke Williams who was a great receiver back in 2017 and ignore your o-line and it's depth!  That's the real key to long term success! 

On 2022-10-15 at 9:58 PM, wbbfan said:

1 Bailey. Go to guy tnite did every thing. Dalton and demski were good but Bailey with maybe his best game here. 

2 Lawrence and Parker. Great plays and big plays. Finding lots of solutions to the gaps in the secondary. 

3 brown. 2 tds to the wrong team but bounced back really well each time

hh grants big return game 

block of the game not a block but Dobson getting down on kick cover and making a shoe string tackle 

crunch ba making rhymes cry 

I noticed he has a giant Lion tattooed on his left arm so, you know, there's that. 😀