Non Back to Back Champ games Week 12

Geebrr

Just now, Geebrr said:

I think the Front 7 is a slight edge to the gap and the secondary is a bigger edge to the Stumps 

They seen pretty equal to me 

Yeah I'd say the happens front 7 is better and the secondary call it a wash. Riders D gets over rated a lot because of how trash their offense is but they're solid.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don’t know what you see in the Elks that makes you think they are ready to climb the standings. 

it's not climb the standings...more climb to 4th, and moreso the free fall I see Sask doing..2 games when u have a head to head isnt a big deficit...and SASK def has the tougher schedule to close out the season

12 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

What i am getting from this is we can absolutely bury the Riders.

Labour Day is a strange animal, never super confident we win even when we went in there 7-1 and they were 1-7. Too many “Rocky Butler” flashbacks to ever take them for granted. But have to feel very good about the two home games given the state of both teams at this time. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I'd say the happens front 7 is better and the secondary call it a wash. Riders D gets over rated a lot because of how trash their offense is but they're solid.

I think they’re solid and over hyped as well. 
They’re pretty equal to Calgary to me. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Labour Day is a strange animal, never super confident we win even when we went in there 7-1 and they were 1-7. Too many “Rocky Butler” flashbacks to ever take them for granted. But have to feel very good about the two home games given the state of both teams at this time. 

I don’t think Labour Day has been the same vibe for quite a few years. Even when the Riders have won it has been really close. Our win there last year was not close. 

We are beating them in all big games there- so Labour Day doesn’t rattle them any more. 

Sask is such a poorly coached team now and that's the difference.  They had a run where they were a team that was very disciplined that would capitalize.  Now they are a mess under the current regime, a bunch of individuals.

But they have enough good players that they could take over a game here and there with some big plays.  Important to get some early points on the board then pull away in 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think they’re solid and over hyped as well. 
They’re pretty equal to Calgary to me. 

I don’t think Labour Day has been the same vibe for quite a few years. Even when the Riders have won it has been really close. Our win there last year was not close. 

We are beating them in all big games there- so Labour Day doesn’t rattle them any more. 

344e8b27-b78e-4826-ba44-894fdf900bad_tex

My biggest question is now that I have moved to the country and "cut the cord" where do I stream the games? Is the best bet to pony up the $19.99 for the TSN app or is there a better source? Using a Firestick and not super tech savvy (although I did manage to set up my own Starlink and mesh network without help...)

18 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

My biggest question is now that I have moved to the country and "cut the cord" where do I stream the games? Is the best bet to pony up the $19.99 for the TSN app or is there a better source? Using a Firestick and not super tech savvy (although I did manage to set up my own Starlink and mesh network without help...)

TSN is the way. They used to have a 6 month plan but the cheapest is now 12 month plan. If you're going to watch the Jets, may as well get the 12 month plan. 

Firestick would work. I use Chromecast (Google) and cast from my phone. My TV does not have a TSN app on main floor. 

Edited by JCon
Forgot to add "app"

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders have a great front 7 but is their D good enough to make up for subpar QB play, a mediocre OL and a meh receiving corps?

I don’t think their defense is that good. They’re allowing 24 points a game and they haven’t even played us yet. They have a decent linebacking core, and a few good players but that’s about it, I see them as a middle of the road defense. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I really think the difference is the mentality with this Bombers regime... it used to be that this game was "special"... and for whatever reason that always made the riders get up for it and the Bombers maybe tense up or just not show up (looking at you 2012 Time Burke-lead debacle)... this new regime doesn't care who we're playing, where the game is, or the significance of the game... it's prepare, do the work, go 1-0... every week... and that mentality is passed down to the players... this isn't some big rivalry game for the Bombers anymore... it's just another week working towards 1-0 

Edited by bearpants

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I really think the difference is the mentality with this Bombers regime... it used to be that this game was "special"... and for whatever reason that always made the riders get up for it and the Bombers maybe tense up or just not show up (looking at you 2012 Time Burke-lead debacle)... this new regime doesn't care who we're playing, where the game is, or the significance of the game... it's prepare, do the work, go 1-0... every week... and that mentality is passed down to the players... this isn't some big rivalry game for the Bombers anymore... it's just another week working towards 1-0 

Yeah, that is pretty much what I meant. 

We embrace the moment now. 

Labour Day isn’t a guaranteed L like we have been brainwashed into believing. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not sure the Gap has a better defence than the Stumps 

They do. Riders defence is legit. I like that LB crew. Robertson is pretty good. Some playmaker on the back end... take out the selfish players like Marshall and those other two guys( can't remember their names) and that is a solid solid crew.