Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former Bombers in NFL (and spring leagues) news

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Views 216.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • WinnipegGordo
    WinnipegGordo

  • I liked the part where @SpeedFlex27 quoted himself so he could regale us with his illustrious curling memoir.

  • Whether he comes back to Winnipeg or not, Strev will be a Bombers legend for life, after that playoff run (and all he did within it) and the post championship celebration... Afaic, he is a Bomber for

Featured Replies

On 2026-05-19 at 4:20 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, no idea when games are televised. The UFL is a hot mess. If Johnson has a vision of merging with this zombie blood sucking money league, that'll be the end of the CFL. Pro football will cease to exist in Canada.

yeah tried before in 1994 and failed miserably.

  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Ravens waive Heisman finalist Pavia ahead of training camp

https://thescore.com/nfl/news/3569785

I think he’d be good up here. I don’t see him ever coming tho.

if he wants to continue playing football...I do...That was likely his one stab at the NFL....Unless he makes his way here and shows something...but even that will be a stretch here at moment

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

if he wants to continue playing football...I do...That was likely his one stab at the NFL....Unless he makes his way here and shows something...but even that will be a stretch here at moment

I think he does the tour like Rourke & E;lgersma do. Eventually, he'll get desperate if he truly wants to play... I think he'd play in the UFL before the CFL. Our stupid rookie salary cap will keep hin=m way. A name player who was a Heisman Finalist comes up here to the CFL wanting to prove himself by playing for $75000 Canadian? Never happen.

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

if he wants to continue playing football...I do...That was likely his one stab at the NFL....Unless he makes his way here and shows something...but even that will be a stretch here at moment

Where would Pavia fit in here? They'd have to cut Perkins.

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think he does the tour like Rourke & E;lgersma do. Eventually, he'll get desperate if he truly wants to play... I think he'd play in the UFL before the CFL. Our stupid rookie salary cap will keep hin=m way. A name player who was a Heisman Finalist comes up here to the CFL wanting to prove himself by playing for $75000 Canadian? Never happen.

Where would Pavia fit in here? They'd have to cut Perkins.

Thats the thing...right now no real spot for him but we own his rights...could be a nice trade bait for something tho

I'd like us to actually use Perkins as a number 2 guy in some games as well....Not just default it to TE who needs a lot of seasoning....Perkins I bet if used in the right way would be quite effective....it's not like he is a raw rookie

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Ravens waive Heisman finalist Pavia ahead of training camp

https://thescore.com/nfl/news/3569785

And that 3 year deal goes splat.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think he’d be good up here. I don’t see him ever coming tho.

I bet he comes, could be great value in a trade for us.

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Thats the thing...right now no real spot for him but we own his rights...could be a nice trade bait for something tho

I'd like us to actually use Perkins as a number 2 guy in some games as well....Not just default it to TE who needs a lot of seasoning....Perkins I bet if used in the right way would be quite effective....it's not like he is a raw rookie

Bet hamilton, ottawa and BC would give a nice return for him. Itd be hillarious if we fleeced ott again

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

Thats the thing...right now no real spot for him but we own his rights...could be a nice trade bait for something tho

I'd like us to actually use Perkins as a number 2 guy in some games as well....Not just default it to TE who needs a lot of seasoning....Perkins I bet if used in the right way would be quite effective....it's not like he is a raw rookie

depends on how fast he's picked up onn reading CFL defenses. We've all seen qbs that come up here & just don't get it. Like Caleb Evans, Dakota Prukop & Jake Dolegala.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Man if we could get something good for Pavia...

His rights and a 2nd rounder for Geno Lewis!!

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

His rights and a 2nd rounder for Geno Lewis!!

Geno Lewis and his 6 yards per catch to break the game!

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Geno Lewis and his 6 yards per catch to break the game!

That's what I mean, he's not being used in Ott. Their O won't even notice if he's gone. I don't see any other team giving up a big time Rec as it is this year. Geno is our best bet to get a big body WR.

53 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's what I mean, he's not being used in Ott. Their O won't even notice if he's gone. I don't see any other team giving up a big time Rec as it is this year. Geno is our best bet to get a big body WR.

What's Cobb's stats?

Eugene Lewis is 33 years old. He’s be a short term upgrade. If it was a hypothetical fire sale type deal I’d take it.

The only real fix is longer term. The way we recruit American receivers, the way the ratio is used, the poor offensive scheme we run all need to be changed.

They could start by seeing if the Americans on our PR can bring in a contested football.

Using Clercius in Neild’s spot would probably help too.

18 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Eugene Lewis is 33 years old. He’s be a short term upgrade. If it was a hypothetical fire sale type deal I’d take it.

The only real fix is longer term. The way we recruit American receivers, the way the ratio is used, the poor offensive scheme we run all need to be changed.

They could start by seeing if the Americans on our PR can bring in a contested football.

Using Clercius in Neild’s spot would probably help too.

I know it wasn't the teams plan, but at this point you have to find a way to get Singer on the roster. Stop sending out Brady out wide and giving the defence an extra defender to clog the field. Have Brady available as an outlet to keep drives moving when the play collapses. I can't fathom what Condell is doing with his play-calling.

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Eugene Lewis is 33 years old. He’s be a short term upgrade. If it was a hypothetical fire sale type deal I’d take it.

The only real fix is longer term. The way we recruit American receivers, the way the ratio is used, the poor offensive scheme we run all need to be changed.

They could start by seeing if the Americans on our PR can bring in a contested football.

Using Clercius in Neild’s spot would probably help too.

Clercius has shown no ability to effectively win routes from the slot. They pushed him in there early last season and it was bad.

I'd give him a shot to be the boundary wideout and see if we can make him kind of a deep threat out of any set, but especially when we run max protect (which we need to do a lot more). Be a guy who just runs down the rail, pulls up for a curl, the odd dig, throw him a couple screens every game. We really need to open up some space and at least drawing the corner/whoever they have in deep zone to the boundary 25-30 yards downfield will give Wilson/White/Demski a chance to make plays.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I know it wasn't the teams plan, but at this point you have to find a way to get Singer on the roster. Stop sending out Brady out wide and giving the defence an extra defender to clog the field. Have Brady available as an outlet to keep drives moving when the play collapses. I can't fathom what Condell is doing with his play-calling.

you can...Drop the import center..Eli has played 2 games now and been just fine....better snapper than Import guy...and better road grader....we will survive

You can drop one of Wilson...Jones...Ayers...This game Jackson tho I'd like to see hwat he could do in the backfield...there is optins to get an import reciever on the field. We just have a brain dead HC who thinks all is good...it will work out cause it did when he had a loaded roster that just went out and performed and won...cause they were better than everyone else....

I'd be integrating Vaval into the offence...we seem to for whatever reason wanna drop in useless plugs as an extra cover db on defense anyway...or dont sit an underacheiver for him in a game...so lets get more use outta him...and that just further makes all the more sense to have Singer dressed in case we need another returner...worrying about a guy getting injured is playing not to win...gutless

Edited by Booch

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

you can...Drop the import center..Eli has played 2 games now and been just fine....better snapper than Import guy...and better road grader....we will survive

You can drop one of Wilson...Jones...Ayers...This game Jackson tho I'd like to see hwat he could do in the backfield...there is optins to get an import reciever on the field. We just have a brain dead HC who thinks all is good...it will work out cause it did when he had a loaded roster that just went out and performed and won...cause they were better than everyone else....

I'd be integrating Vaval into the offence...we seem to for whatever reason wanna drop in useless plugs as an extra cover db on defense anyway...or dont sit an underacheiver for him in a game...so lets get more use outta him...and that just further makes all the more sense to have Singer dressed in case we need another returner...worrying about a guy getting injured is playing not to win...gutless

As much as I was able, I looked at Eli's ankles for extra spatting- could not see any such. That would seem to indicate that his ankles are just fine, and as a non-pro, he looked to be doing better than Elsbury. And he ought to get better with repetition, if O'Shea deigns to favour him.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

As much as I was able, I looked at Eli's ankles for extra spatting- could not see any such. That would seem to indicate that his ankles are just fine, and as a non-pro, he looked to be doing better than Elsbury. And he ought to get better with repetition, if O'Shea deigns to favour him.

Yeah he fine..and in his 2 games playing this yr...where is the big fault in his game? Settle him in with Neuf and a proper guard..our interior would be just fine...Elsbury also tosses up too many bad snaps a game messing up the timing and where the Qbs eyes have to go for that split second that just screws the offence

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

I know it wasn't the teams plan, but at this point you have to find a way to get Singer on the roster. Stop sending out Brady out wide and giving the defence an extra defender to clog the field. Have Brady available as an outlet to keep drives moving when the play collapses. I can't fathom what Condell is doing with his play-calling.

Ya sending Brady out wide so much makes no sense. He's excellent at recognizing and picking up the blitz and is much more effective a receiver when he leaks out of the backfield. Wasting a major talent out there.

2 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Ya sending Brady out wide so much makes no sense. He's excellent at recognizing and picking up the blitz and is much more effective a receiver when he leaks out of the backfield. Wasting a major talent out there.

Essentially neutralizing him..u may as well throw ELi out there as a TE and kick cobb or nield off field and use BO in the slot

We could start another American on O by sitting one of the two American's on D who get zero reps and "starting" another Canadian on D. We basically never play without 3 Canadians on D anyways, sometimes as many as 6 on a given rep last night.

If we sat down the 2 DA's in the LB crew we could start 4 American OL and have another American receiver.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Manu lands on the non-football injury list after the first day of camp with the Lions. Not great for him as he needs to have a good camp to give them a reason to keep him around.

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Manu lands on the non-football injury list after the first day of camp with the Lions. Not great for him as he needs to have a good camp to give them a reason to keep him around.

He needs to be great. Like, really great. He needs to come out and pants the guys in front of him. He's gotten kind of a knock for being soft off how long the injury lingered last year. Right when he needed to step up last year too, and got a chance.

But an early non-football injury could be a pulled hammy from working out or something pretty minor. If he falls off early due to injury I think the chances he gets picked up by another team will go up too .

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.