Cats vs Stamps, EE vs Riders

They will go as far as their defence will take them...or until they wear down from being on field too much...but sooooo undisciplined...again...as every yr that Dickie been there...too many "me" guys there...not enough "we"

Clark loss really gonna hurt them even though he was in bottomed 3rd of center talent...especially since the rest of the line is bottomed their as well...Elks...I just don't know what to think...their front 7 seems so weak and undersized..Jones trying to.be smartest guy in room ain't working...they made Morrow look like an all-star...total abberation and even if Clark was in next week his numbers will go back to week one and last yr results...book it

1 hour ago, Booch said:

They will go as far as their defence will take them...or until they wear down from being on field too much...but sooooo undisciplined...again...as every yr that Dickie been there...too many "me" guys there...not enough "we"

Clark loss really gonna hurt them even though he was in bottomed 3rd of center talent...especially since the rest of the line is bottomed their as well...Elks...I just don't know what to think...their front 7 seems so weak and undersized..Jones trying to.be smartest guy in room ain't working...they made Morrow look like an all-star...total abberation and even if Clark was in next week his numbers will go back to week one and last yr results...book it

I really thought **** would be better on that side of things, but team discipline has continued to be atrocious his whole time there.

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Jason Maas and Faj aren't a good fit for each other.

Maas loves to have mid range plays develop and Fajardo's terrible at anything over 12 yards.

All Sask needed to do was pound the ball down the Elks throat all day and instead they made it hard on themselves.

That offense is going to struggle all year I bet

Sask does have a pretty good defense though it looks like 

Doesn't matter how good their defense is if they keep taking stupid misconduct penalties. It becamse more ridiculous as the game wore on. They really are an undisciplined team on defense. I've never seen such bad behaviour from a group of professional athletes like I saw last night. They really need to look closely in the mirror & ask themselves if they really want to win a championship.

I really feel bad for players like Dan Clark who come to play hard every game within the rules & they have idiot teammates like that who are totally selfish. And where are the coaches? Fines & a couple of releases may get these dirtbags attention. But Dickenson has to have the courage to do it. 

Yeah...the actions of few result In the failure of many...there are truly some class A arseholes on that team.

I wonder how Dean can stomach it..makes a great play...celebrates like a pro ...and like he been there before and almost seems gratefull...but majority there are just complete bafoons...and on both sides of the ball

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...the actions of few result In the failure of many...there are truly some class A arseholes on that team.

I wonder how Dean can stomach it..makes a great play...celebrates like a pro ...and like he been there before and almost seems gratefull...but majority there are just complete bafoons...and on both sides of the ball

I get why Dickenson is hesitant to do something. It would be tough to cut a player like Moncrief & others for example, However, sometimes things like that have to be done in order for a team to move forward &/or change the culture. Could you imagine what a coach like Cal Murphy would do with guys like that? That nonsense would stop immediately or the repeat offenders would be gone without hesitation. 

The Cats seem to be snake bit....especially in OT .....Who would have thunk they'd go down in almost a repeat of what happened in last years Cup.......We get them next, so I'm not going to give them the pity pot routine....AND I don't think there'll be any overtime ....I want to have our guys put that one away long before any of that scenario rears it's head...We take no prisoners

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The Cats seem to be snake bit....especially in OT .....Who would have thunk they'd go down in almost a repeat of what happened in last years Cup.......We get them next, so I'm not going to give them the pity pot routine....AND I don't think there'll be any overtime ....I want to have our guys put that one away long before any of that scenario rears it's head...We take no prisoners

We have to be in their heads so deep they can't tell fantasy from reality. That ball was so catchable. What was Sean Thomas Erlington thinking when it bounced off his chest???

40 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We have to be in their heads so deep they can't tell fantasy from reality. That ball was so catchable. What was Sean Thomas Erlington thinking when it bounced off his chest???

Watched the replay he turned his head to see where to run before securing the ball....tough loss for the Tabbies.

A question: Are there ANY good teams int he CFL this year? So far it looks like the greatest competition will be for the worst team, not the best. I feel  like we should apologize to Wilbur and his friends for having to sit through such a pathetic set of games this weekend.

Edited by Tracker

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A question: Are there ANY good teams int he CFL this year? So far it looks like the greatest competition will be for the worst team, not the best. I feel  like we should apologize to Wilbur and his friends for having to sit through such a pathetic set of games this weekend.

I feel like this was the case last year too. It took 4-5 games for every team to start to gel.

18 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I feel like this was the case last year too. It took 4-5 games for every team to start to gel.

No pre season last year though. 
 This year while teams have a lot of work to do no exceptions, the games have been really entertaining this far. If things only get better this is going to be a fantastic season. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No pre season last year though. 
 This year while teams have a lot of work to do no exceptions, the games have been really entertaining this far. If things only get better this is going to be a fantastic season. 

You and I will be in the minority but I agree. Other than BC in their one game, no team has looked dominant. Instead we are getting close exciting games that feel like contests and come down to the wire, The only knock I’ll make is towards the terrible state of kicking across the league and that one abortion of a game yesterday with the Riders showing the maturity of 2 year olds. That was just embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah u could see Jones has no respect for the Fajs passing ability...was a good formula there as teams that actually can stop the run will now right stifle them...Faj will lose his professional like before and whine and point fingers...and it will be gloriously amusing again

Arbuckle had zero yards passing up to half way through the second quarter. Zero. He ended up with 315 to the Faj 247. Kenny was the star of the game, good for him.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Jones dared Ssk to throw the ball on his defence all game....and it almost worked. I honestly think Jones has zero respect for Fajardo as a passer and that's why he constantly brought just 3 man pressure. 

Honestly 3 man pressure is under rated too. If you have some one who can rush from the inside a lot of ols struggle more with 3 man pressure than 4 or 5. You have to communicate and switch really well. 
 With layering rush lanes you’re less likely to get really long pockets. You don’t generally get that chance at really fast pressure but it makes long tosses harder. It also makes contain easier with out sacrificing pass rush. 

faj doesn’t pick up drops well. If you don’t let him scramble and hit those short timing passes at the seam he beats him self. I think jones has taken this from the bombers the last few years. We didn’t do it every snap but we dominated him with this look.