GDT - Western Final - Riders @ The Champs

JCon

This team has earned our confidence and I promise you it is felt by the players in the stadium.

I remember a player saying something to the effect "did you hear the fans in the second half? They never lost confidence" after we turned the lights out on Montreal in the second half.

All positivity, all winning today. Enjoy the victory.

26 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

They are the best for game day atmosphere or watching the game but are a good time overall. I never use it during the season as I like to go with my fam for the football. Playoffs and Grey Cup I’ll do it. 

Yeah I prefer to among the fans all things equal. 

However, my parents used to have Blue and Gold room tickets at the old stadium, and warm up ability + shorter wait time for washrooms and beer was pretty enjoyable in the playoffs.

With kids it won't be fun if they are cold and want to go home. Also free food + candy in the boxes and alumni come by often to say hello. They will have a blast.

I have my own season tickets now and my parents did not get box seats (thanks Mom and Dad 😒). So not happening today.

LFG!

Just now, BomberBall said:

Man, no kidding…. Put me in coach!

Maybe I’m better off in my seat in section 128.

Instead of a wall, let’s break the sound barrier with the noise from our seats then. Maybe TSN would like to have another “loudest stadium” contest and we can defend that title too!

The real work starts now.

Control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, give Harris the rock early and often to establish the run and play action, keep CF contained and frustrated, do not allow Powell a run game, win field position, special teams execute their assignments, limit penalties, depth shine when needed, make weather a non factor, fans show why we are the best in the CFL.

We win, they lose, have fun with your six hour bus ride home.

Get out now and test your footwear. The snow will add a layer of slipperiness to the turf.

Tried to black out the memory of 1996 in Edmonton, but Mike Richardson opted for hard plastic baseball cleats in 1992 to punch through the layer of frost at Canadinns. People thought broomball shoes would be better, but he proved all wrong with a 227 yard performance. 

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

-5 or so at kickoff. Minus 22 leaving the Jets game. Lol 

Let's go Blue  it's time to defend the cup 

With the wind it will be -22. 

-22 in the wind is not the same as a true -22. Which it will be overnight and tomorrow.

We will all be just fine (not sask).

LFGooooo

Edited by Geebrr

Weather won't equalize...our online...better run game...tougher recievers...shut down defence...it's in our favour...if passing game  is tough to function with..we can focus more on their run and Fajardos only real weapon which is scrambling around..and we beat in league against that anyway...weather tilts it even more in our favour and our online and punishment with run game will have riders defence backpedaling all game to.the point in 3rd and 4th quarter they will know it's over...

37 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

With the wind it will be -22. 

-22 in the wind is not the same as a true -22. Which it will be overnight and tomorrow.

We will all be just fine (not sask).

LFGooooo

It ought to be at least partially sheltered from the wind at field level. Not that this will affect the outcome, maybe only in the degree of butt-whupping.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Weather won't equalize...our online...better run game...tougher recievers...shut down defence...it's in our favour...if passing game  is tough to function with..we can focus more on their run and Fajardos only real weapon which is scrambling around..and we beat in league against that anyway...weather tilts it even more in our favour and our online and punishment with run game will have riders defence backpedaling all game to.the point in 3rd and 4th quarter they will know it's over...

Yeah i see lots of comments about how ugly weather benefits Saskatchewan because the Bombers have a better passing game. I just don't see it. We have a much better offensive line, better depth at running back and a better and deeper front 7 that can be rotated all game to ensure that the Bombers win a grind it out battle.

The riders best hope for winning is special teams and turnovers.